P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning to you all,

A cloudy day with only showers forecast, I can even see breaks in the cloud, and some blue sky😲

A trip into Penzance this morning, but nothing else planned. 

Hope you all have a good day.

• Like 8

Good morning again, I fell back to sleep around 6 and just woke up now having a cup of tea in bed , it’s blue sky outside but still wet from yesterday’s rain which was really heavy coming home from Southampton and visibility was very poor but you still get the idiots that drive far too fast in those conditions, anyway husband’s off out to do his 5 k run practice this morning for his up coming charity run on Saturday 🤞 it will be dry . Have a good day everyone and stay in if it’s raining.

• Like 7

Morning all

i think ex hurricane Kirk, and his effects, have finally left us.  We’ve certainly had some weather but are forecast to dry for a week, which is hard to believe.  Heaven help those right in his path

Dog has a spa session today but I’ll just ask for a light trim - she doesn’t want to lose her insulation at this time of year

• Like 6

I have just heard on the news about Hurricane Milton expected to hit Florida today and how people are having to leave their homes not knowing if the will even have a home to come back to.  We whinge about our weather but at least we don't have the extremes that some other places have.

I hope that none of you or your families are in Florida at the moment.

• Like 11

Purdey -  I woke very early and like you went back to sleep about 5.  Then woke with a start and thought it was 8.30.   Panic, as I send the 'children' a one letter email each morning around 6.30 to 7.30 to let them know I have survived the night.  If they don't get it, one of them will email or phone worrying.  Luckily it was only 7.30.  It certainly woke me up properly, though.   I now think I need one of these real old people's watches which are super  easy to read.  Oh dear.

Weather not too bad here, and yes we are lucky not to have such extreme weather as some parts of the world.  People from central Florida being told they would probably die if they didn't evacuate is really scary for them, let's hope it dies down a bit before getting there.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Purdey -  I woke very early and like you went back to sleep about 5.  Then woke with a start and thought it was 8.30.   Panic, as I send the 'children' a one letter email each morning around 6.30 to 7.30 to let them know I have survived the night.  If they don't get it, one of them will email or phone worrying.  Luckily it was only 7.30.  It certainly woke me up properly, though.   I now think I need one of these real old people's watches which are super  easy to read.  Oh dear.

Weather not too bad here, and yes we are lucky not to have such extreme weather as some parts of the world.  People from central Florida being told they would probably die if they didn't evacuate is really scary for them, let's hope it dies down a bit before getting there.

Looking at the Weather Channel and others likely to drop from 5 to 4 at landfall, but also some concern it will increase in size to almost 400miles in diameter and increase storm surges to 5 to 7 metres. You can understand the leave or you will die message being sent out, with winds in excess of 100mph and massive storm surges.

There was also some discussion as to whether the hurricane category index should be increased from 5 to 6, with 6 being hurricanes with winds above 192 mph. Wind speeds of that force are stuff of nightmares. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

There was also some discussion as to whether the hurricane category index should be increased from 5 to 6, with 6 being hurricanes with winds above 192 mph. Wind speeds of that force are stuff of nightmares. 

Lets hope it relents to avoid such wind speeds,that are more than capable of lifting

a large jet airliner off the floor.

I see the ship Virtuosa has up sticks and running for home due to bad weather 

around Portugal/Biscay area.

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=36;-38;2&l=gust

• Like 8

Good morning, still feeling the effects of my double jabs last Thursday, just tiredness though nothing major, odd though as never had any trouble before. Have walked up to the chemist this morning for my prescription & popped into the co op,  managed to pass the chocolate isle which is possibly a miracle 😂. My sister & her dh are in Orlando they’ve just finished a road trip on Harley’s & were meant to be flying tomorrow. She says yesterday their accommodation is on the middle between other concrete floors & they’ve stocked up on chocolate & crisps. Slightly worrying, but I guess he’s used to war zones being ex military. Have a good day everyone, off to make a quiche in a bit. 

• Like 7

Marilyn had her double jab appointment this morning.I went with her and they done mine as well,both in the 1 arm.They said the gym was OK to go to later.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Looking at the Weather Channel and others likely to drop from 5 to 4 at landfall, but also some concern it will increase in size to almost 400miles in diameter and increase storm surges to 5 to 7 metres. You can understand the leave or you will die message being sent out, with winds in excess of 100mph and massive storm surges.

Looks like there's quite a few trailer parks there.Don't hold out much hope for those.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Marilyn had her double jab appointment this morning.I went with her and they done mine as well,both in the 1 arm.They said the gym was OK to go to later.

It is good that you both got your jabs.

I am surprised that they did both in the same arm, in previous years they used to refuse to do that because they said that if you had an allergic reaction to one of them they wouldn't know which had caused the problem.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Looks like there's quite a few trailer parks there.Don't hold out much hope for those.

It always seems to be that the poorest are the ones to be hit worst,  It is bad enough to be hit but in a trailer there is no hope.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I see the ship Virtuosa has up sticks and running for home due to bad weather 

around Portugal/Biscay area.

Interesting description for a single change of port call with no resultant loss of time on land or increase in number of sea days, and a forecast on-time arrival in Southampton. 

if anyone is curious I started a thread yesterday on the MSC board. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I am surprised that they did both in the same arm, in previous years they used to refuse to do that because they said that if you had an allergic reaction to one of them they wouldn't know which had caused the problem.

I had three jabs on Saturday, two in my right arm and the other in my left.

• Like 5

I'm not allowed any jab of any kind in my right arm as that side was my cancer affected one.  Always both in the left and tomorrow is the day.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

She did give me a choice,just saved her moving around,lol.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I'm not allowed any jab of any kind in my right arm as that side was my cancer affected one.  Always both in the left and tomorrow is the day.

I had both in my left arm last Thursday and it was fine 

Michelle

• Like 8

We have flu and covid jabs booked for the 2nd November. Been a busy few days after returning from ventura week last Saturday. Finally got a PSA Result of .02 after my Prostate removal year last May had to chase it up consultants had seemed to have forgotten me . But know seems I have a anomaly in my poo test so looks like something more to go through ringing me tomorrow next step .One step forward  2 steps back .That's what they call getting old I guess

• Like 8

1 hour ago, NewWestwardbound said:

Interesting description for a single change of port call with no resultant loss of time on land or increase in number of sea days, and a forecast on-time arrival in Southampton. 

if anyone is curious I started a thread yesterday on the MSC board. 

I also have relations onboard,first time cruisers.They are a young couple

with kids and are loving it .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

I had both in my left arm last Thursday and it was fine 

Michelle

Ours are next week. One arm, both arms, left, right. I don't care...just get it in there and don't make me look.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Ours are next week. One arm, both arms, left, right. I don't care...just get it in there and don't make me look.

Now now Zapp be a brave fella and you may get a sicker .

This brave young lass said she never felt a thing 🙃

retire1.jpg.de1cb7dd1dd99f62839afe83961242dd.jpg

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, NewWestwardbound said:

We - somewhat older I suspect - are loving it too. 

Phoned me the other day to say they have booked for next year .

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, kalos said:

Now now Zapp be a brave fella and you may get a sicker .

This brave young lass said she never felt a thing 🙃

retire1.jpg.de1cb7dd1dd99f62839afe83961242dd.jpg

Last year they didn't give me a sticker, but the previous year...

20220916_134735.jpg

• Like 1