P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

I have managed to book my spring booster for tomorrow -  I am well into the correct age group.  Sorry to read you can't have yours,   Michelle, that seems unfair.  I would have thought that you would be a priority person, even before the reasonably well though old.  Do you know why?

I have spoken to our Drs, I am classed as not high risk or immunosuppressed so I will have to wait. Never mind I will just carry on been  careful 

Michelle

• Like 4

Yes, my daughter in law who has asthma is not classified as being high risk.  I suppose 'immunosuppressed ' does mean more serious problems, like having been on chemotherapy.  No doubt they will go down the age range in time.  Simply being pretty old means your immune system is not as good as it was, an in general your organs are not as robust to cope with infections.  

Anyway, although chilly outside, a gorgeous blue sky, so if I sit just inside the open conservatory door in the sunshine I can boost my vitamin D!  I hope many of you are having similar weather.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Well, today is the day that I say goodbye to you all.  I have enjoyed getting to know you, although it has not been in person.  I have decided that one of two of the newer members are not the peop!e that I would want to interact with.  I hope that I might meet some of you on board ships in the future.

Take care everyone and happy cruising.

Josy

Josy I’m so sorry to hear that. I have really enjoyed following your posts. I hope you might change your mind and if something is upsetting you just use the block facility.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I was very surprised to read your post this morning Josy.  I hope that you and your family are well, and has had no bearing on your decision. We all find it necessary occasionally to take one, or even two steps back from day to day interactions, to recharge and focus on our own well being. I, like you, am reading the posts, but also sometimes reacting, which makes me still feel connected to my CC friends. 

Please don't forget us Josy, your are a lovely lady who has been a source of comfort and advice to us all.

Have a wonderful relaxing cruise Josy, and I wish you and your family all the best for the future.

Avril

xx

Glad to see you posting Avril, I hope you are well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Well, today is the day that I say goodbye to you all.  I have enjoyed getting to know you, although it has not been in person.  I have decided that one of two of the newer members are not the peop!e that I would want to interact with.  I hope that I might meet some of you on board ships in the future.

Josy

It's not a bad thing to do Josy, many of us have benefitted from stepping away for a bit. 

Hopefully you will return refreshed when you are ready. 

Take care, it has been a pleasure interacting with you. 

Andy & Michelle xx

• Like 16

8 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Josy

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Josy, I've always enjoyed your posts.

Sometimes, a break does the trick, so hopefully you may wish to post again later on - I hope so.

But in the mean time, stay safe and enjoy the spring and summer 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Josy

As honoured as I am.I don't want to be the last person you gave a like to.Us eclectic bunch have kept each other going the last couple of years.In different times we might be having a pop at each other about tips.dress code and buffet hygiene lol.Hopefully you'll come back one day.Brian.

• Like 14

I'm also sad to hear your leaving Josy ,wasn't expecting that :classic_unsure: As others have said 

you will be missed but nothing say's it's forever :classic_smile:

You have your reasons though , I know the feeling, only last week I had to quit playing  the triangle , It was just one ting after another! :classic_wink:

Take care and keep smiling :classic_love:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

12 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Josy

Oh no and I wanted to meet up some time. Keep an eye out for St James Newchapel Craft Fayre and perhaps one day. It has been a pleasure getting to know you and chatting over the last 2 years or so. Take care .. I do hope you rethink cos us older ones on here will miss you.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

You don't get a view like this from  hotel.

IMG_20220318_143452.jpg

P&O Don't Do Hotels ..But If They Did  :classic_unsure::classic_smile:

1868484-EL_high-water-levels0003.jpg.e6f0ba3e75fd41ce70a0b4f93ea2999d.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

IMG_20220318_143452.jpg

Maybe not, but in the few times I have had balcony cabins they overlook the actual sea. On Iona (and MSC Seaside et al) they overlook the promenade deck - ie are inset from the hull. For photography, which is my passion on sea days, this is useless. One reason we have booked an outside cabin on Arvia maiden as it will be low down and close to the water.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Maybe not, but in the few times I have had balcony cabins they overlook the actual sea. On Iona (and MSC Seaside et al) they overlook the promenade deck - ie are inset from the hull. For photography, which is my passion on sea days, this is useless. One reason we have booked an outside cabin on Arvia maiden as it will be low down and close to the water.

@Host Sharon.

This was our deck 10 balcony on Iona in September 2021 during our 7 night staycation cruise.

The second photo is aft next to the sunset bar on promenade deck 8 on Iona where the hand rail is lower.

There are smaller balcony cabins midships on deck 5 on Iona which might afford great photo opportunities for you.

Graham.

IMG_20210823_080003.jpg

IMG_20210914_103103.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

@Host Sharon.

This was our deck 10 balcony on Iona in September 2021 during our 7 night staycation cruise.

The second photo is aft next to the sunset bar on promenade deck 8 on Iona where the hand rail is lower.

There are smaller balcony cabins midships on deck 5 on Iona which might afford great photo opportunities for you.

Graham.

Once again great photographs Graham, and I really couldn't be more impressed if you take your own tablecloth for your balcony breakfasts.  It really 'lifts' the experience I would imagine; we don't do it as DH is not a fan of in-room dining, but if we did, I might copy that idea  👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

IMG_20220318_143452.jpg

That is one of my favourite  sights in the world -  I have never had an aft facing balcony, but often the chance to sit on a lounger on deck facing in that direction, or, even better, sitting at a table in the outdoor cafe/restaurant with a glass of probably sauvignon blanc in my hand.  With warm sunshine, and the sound of the sea - just the most relaxing thing.  Maybe too boring for the active ones among you?  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, lincslady said:

That is one of my favourite  sights in the world -  I have never had an aft facing balcony, but often the chance to sit on a lounger on deck facing in that direction, or, even better, sitting at a table in the outdoor cafe/restaurant with a glass of probably sauvignon blanc in my hand.  With warm sunshine, and the sound of the sea - just the most relaxing thing.  Maybe too boring for the active ones among you?  

I completely agree. That is why we always book aft view cabins wherever possible and another reason why we pre reserve and book on launch date when a full choice is available. The fact they are cheaper than mid ships is another bonus.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

If any one is invited to take part in the Galleri Grail trial please do take up the invitation, it is a simple blood test that takes 10 minutes but tests for 50 cancers.

I think it is by invitation from selected GPs. Ours don’t seem to be one of those selected but I guess it is worth asking.

17 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Me too. Love sitting on Aurora's tiered aft decks overlooking the wake or sitting on the Promenade, nice and close to the sea, just watching it and looking out for dolphins and porpoises etc.

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, lincslady said:

We can sit for hours looking out to sea.

Being in a balcony at the aft watching the ships wake is amazing.

Graham.

IMG_20220313_173532.jpg

IMG_20220310_194824.jpg

IMG_20220306_074733.jpg

• Like 6

Very nice graham but I think I would like to be up high where you where as I wouldn’t like people looking down on me in my balcony and also lower down the noise of the hot tubs and people talking, then again I think the wake drowns some of that out , but high up for me .

• Like 1

Sorry Grapau but you haven't convinced me. The whole of the accommodation block is inset all round the ship so there is no view straight down, only over and across, except for a few midships perhaps, but they are too high up with lifeboats underneath. We'll have to agree to differ on this one. I wouldn't get photos like the one below of a masked booby catching a flying fish.

An Introduction to: P&O Cruises

831888885_078MaskedBoobywithflyingfish.thumb.jpg.ff471976ca6b48e3ab2c5fd0687c8e96.jpg

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Sorry Grapau but you haven't convinced me. The whole of the accommodation block is inset all round the ship so there is no view straight down, only over and across, except for a few midships perhaps, but they are too high up with lifeboats underneath. We'll have to agree to differ on this one. I wouldn't get photos like the one below.

An Introduction to: P&O Cruises

831888885_078MaskedBoobywithflyingfish.thumb.jpg.ff471976ca6b48e3ab2c5fd0687c8e96.jpg

I found the Ventura aft cabins to be more of what you desired view wise ,nothing in your way .

Ps the beers do not come with the view :classic_wink:

• Like 5