P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Looks very nice Josy. Opening restaurants in the old pottery factories seems to be the flavour of the month round here at the moment. It is good that they are using local crockery as well. We are about a mile away from the Churchill factory which seems to be one of the few ceramics businesses that is still in operation (but not quite using the traditional methods).

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

We have just had lunch at a restaurant in the old Spode pottery factory because my niece gave me a gift voucher for my birthday.  It was the first time that we have eaten there but it will not be the last. The food was excellent but the portion was too much for me so sadly no dessert.  OH was happy to see that the plates were old Spode designs and we recognised the cups and saucers were Portmierion so pleased that they are using local ware.

20220506_121944.thumb.jpg.8b9ecd3af45471f3f339be5757d1372b.jpg

You have strange laws in the Midlands, the only green things to be eaten with fish and chips are mushy peas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Fishy Friday here too

FB2BDD73-C5EB-4A12-9E37-4DF805514C86.thumb.jpeg.11668fc1285f88d182968a6c670d7be4.jpeg

Not on heritage plates though, and with green in the form of capers

There’s an NCL liner in at Portland, ex NYC and Halifax NS.  Weymouth has a lot of cruisers milling about, mostly overdressed, seeing as it is a glorious day.  We spoke to 4 Canadian ladies and helped them find free WiFi, then a couple of older ladies from Texas, who told us they had had a grand cruise and only one day of rain, in Liverpool.  They’re Le Havre tomorrow and Southampton Sunday.

Forecast is for even warmer weather tomorrow.  Phew,

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Fishy Friday here too

FB2BDD73-C5EB-4A12-9E37-4DF805514C86.thumb.jpeg.11668fc1285f88d182968a6c670d7be4.jpeg

Not on heritage plates though, and with green in the form of capers

There’s an NCL liner in at Portland, ex NYC and Halifax NS.  Weymouth has a lot of cruisers milling about, mostly overdressed, seeing as it is a glorious day.  We spoke to 4 Canadian ladies and helped them find free WiFi, then a couple of older ladies from Texas, who told us they had had a grand cruise and only one day of rain, in Liverpool.  They’re Le Havre tomorrow and Southampton Sunday.

Forecast is for even warmer weather tomorrow.  Phew,

Saw skate wings today in Waitrose,got to get them one day but we have so much fish in the freezer to use up.Homemade lightly dusted and pan fried haddock tonight with parboiled chips drizzled in olive oil and finished in the oven,that's now my favourite way with chips.I took a photo last time but it didn't do them justice,I'll try again tonight,Brian.

• Like 4

Enjoy your special haddock & chips Brian.  
The dog is looking forward to the skate bone/cartilage in her supper tonight.  That’s her reward for sitting patiently while we ate, with no more than a bowl of water

The skate was my OHs.  This was my gurnard with romesco sauce.  Rotten picture, with the shadow of my phone all over it.  I hadn’t had gurnard till Rockfish came to town - it’s very good.  Quite a solid fish but with a nice delicate flavour.  
Salad!  I hope I’m not drummed out of the club for enjoying a nice bit of salad.  I had a few chips too.

2F9F1095-BEEF-4A3D-AC43-AA3F99A0D6CA.thumb.jpeg.fdeff5defd08f3a94202bac3e7539c97.jpeg

• Like 6

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok today. The weather here looks good so far with clear blue skies. Looks like it could be a gardening day.

Well after arriving home from holiday Weds we both tested positive for you know what yesterday. Hubby had a bit of a sniffle so I told him to do a test which was positive. I had no symptoms but did a test and it was also positive. I received an email from NHS saying I can have anti virals because I am vulnerable, a Dr will be ringing me today. 

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Enjoy your special haddock & chips Brian.  
The dog is looking forward to the skate bone/cartilage in her supper tonight.  That’s her reward for sitting patiently while we ate, with no more than a bowl of water

Hi Eddie,fish was good,the chips not very photogenic again.They were a bit mushy,spuds are not very consistent nowdays.Still ok though,Brian.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Stay well Michelle

It won’t harm, and it might help, to take some extra Vit D, to add to the dose you’ll get in the garden

Strange you shout say that. I have taken Vit D every day since Oct to end March. Thought I would get enough Vit D away in the sun but I just might take it again 

Michelle 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peanut006 said:

Strange you shout say that. I have taken Vit D every day since Oct to end March. Thought I would get enough Vit D away in the sun but I just might take it again 

Michelle 

Hi Michelle, I have always taken Vit D over the winter months. When I tested positive on NYE l doubled my dose as it was recommended by a friend. I have now reduced it to one as I spend a lot more time in the garden. Our weather here in Bolton is lovely this morning so a day gardening is on the cards. My problem is tree pollen, my hay fever has been really bad this week. Hey ho, I love my garden so I will fill my pockets with tissues and soldier on. Glad you had a good holiday, just sorry you came back with the virus. Keep safe. X

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok today. The weather here looks good so far with clear blue skies. Looks like it could be a gardening day.

Well after arriving home from holiday Weds we both tested positive for you know what yesterday. Hubby had a bit of a sniffle so I told him to do a test which was positive. I had no symptoms but did a test and it was also positive. I received an email from NHS saying I can have anti virals because I am vulnerable, a Dr will be ringing me today. 

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

So sorry to hear you have tested positive. Hopefully only mild for you both.

Take care.

Gill x

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Hi Michelle, I have always taken Vit D over the winter months. When I tested positive on NYE l doubled my dose as it was recommended by a friend. I have now reduced it to one as I spend a lot more time in the garden. Our weather here in Bolton is lovely this morning so a day gardening is on the cards. My problem is tree pollen, my hay fever has been really bad this week. Hey ho, I love my garden so I will fill my pockets with tissues and soldier on. Glad you had a good holiday, just sorry you came back with the virus. Keep safe. X

Thank you Jennizor

50 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

Glad to read you have no symptoms at all Michelle and I hope it stays that way for you

and soon clears up . Take care:classic_love:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

Sorry to hear that, Michelle, but glad that you’re hearing from a doctor about the antivirals in view of the five day window. The arrangements are apparently working well for those entitled to them, and with luck you’ll get Paxlovid or an infusion today or tomorrow. From the lack of symptoms, though, maybe it’s just a very mild infection anyway. At least you’re at home, though, which is something. Hope all goes well for you both.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Sorry to hear that, Michelle, but glad that you’re hearing from a doctor about the antivirals in view of the five day window. The arrangements are apparently working well for those entitled to them, and with luck you’ll get Paxlovid or an infusion today or tomorrow. From the lack of symptoms, though, maybe it’s just a very mild infection anyway. At least you’re at home, though, which is something. Hope all goes well for you both.

Thank you Harry

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Hi Eddie,fish was good,the chips not very photogenic again.They were a bit mushy,spuds are not very consistent nowdays.Still ok though,Brian.

Try Marabel potatoes bro, I buy mine from Asda, and they have a beautiful flavour. They're yellow and buttery and don't break up however you cook them. Marfona, Lincolnshire potatoes, are the same, but not all greengrocers sell them.

Sis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

I'm pleased you have no symptoms Michelle and I hope you are both better soon. Take care . x

Avril

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Try Marabel potatoes bro, I buy mine from Asda, and they have a beautiful flavour. They're yellow and buttery and don't break up however you cook them. Marfona, Lincolnshire potatoes, are the same, but not all greengrocers sell them.

Sis

With you entirely on Marfona, Avril. Use nothing else, and haven’t done for years. Straight from the farm gate at £6 for a 25kg bag this year. Wonderful spud, but as you say not always easy to find.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

I'm sorry to hear your tests were positive Michelle.

I hope you have no symptoms and your husband only mild symptoms.

Hopefully the anti virals will keep you safe.

Prayers 🙏 for you both.

Graham