P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm sorry to hear your tests were positive Michelle.

I hope you have no symptoms and your husband only mild symptoms.

Hopefully the anti virals will keep you safe.

Prayers 🙏 for you both.

Graham 

Thank you Graham

3 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

With you entirely on Marfona, Avril. Use nothing else, and haven’t done for years. Straight from the farm gate at £6 for a 25kg bag this year. Wonderful spud, but as you say not always easy to find.

I used to be able to buy them from the local market, and then Asda began to stock them too. When the 'rule', shall we call it, came in about unwashed potatoes🙄, they disappeared. However, Marabel are just the same and so I'm happy.

Avril

35 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Try Marabel potatoes bro, I buy mine from Asda, and they have a beautiful flavour. They're yellow and buttery and don't break up however you cook them. Marfona, Lincolnshire potatoes, are the same, but not all greengrocers sell them.

Sis

Cheers sis,I'll pass that message to the chef.I'm just the customer,lol,bro.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok today. The weather here looks good so far with clear blue skies. Looks like it could be a gardening day.

Well after arriving home from holiday Weds we both tested positive for you know what yesterday. Hubby had a bit of a sniffle so I told him to do a test which was positive. I had no symptoms but did a test and it was also positive. I received an email from NHS saying I can have anti virals because I am vulnerable, a Dr will be ringing me today. 

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

Sorry you are both positive, hopefully the symptoms will stay mild for both of you.

Take care

16 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

The skate was my OHs.  This was my gurnard with romesco sauce.  Rotten picture, with the shadow of my phone all over it.  I hadn’t had gurnard till Rockfish came to town - it’s very good.  Quite a solid fish but with a nice delicate flavour.  
Salad!  I hope I’m not drummed out of the club for enjoying a nice bit of salad.  I had a few chips too.

2F9F1095-BEEF-4A3D-AC43-AA3F99A0D6CA.thumb.jpeg.fdeff5defd08f3a94202bac3e7539c97.jpeg

We are off to Weymouth for a couple of nights soon. DW said she will buy me fish and chips in the pub over the other side of the bridge. I have 2 weeks to change her mind.🤣

16 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

🤣

Edited by zap99

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok today. The weather here looks good so far with clear blue skies. Looks like it could be a gardening day.

Well after arriving home from holiday Weds we both tested positive for you know what yesterday. Hubby had a bit of a sniffle so I told him to do a test which was positive. I had no symptoms but did a test and it was also positive. I received an email from NHS saying I can have anti virals because I am vulnerable, a Dr will be ringing me today. 

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

Hope it's only mild. That seems to be the trend now.

3 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

My eldest daughter who is severely disabled with ms had covid back in feb. She said she had had worse colds. Lets hope this is the same for you.

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I used to be able to buy them from the local market, and then Asda began to stock them too. When the 'rule', shall we call it, came in about unwashed potatoes🙄, they disappeared. However, Marabel are just the same and so I'm happy.

Avril

I’m looking out for your Marabel now, Avril - we’re back to supermarket potatoes from Tesco now until the maincrop in the autumn. Limited choice and they may not have them.

7 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I’m looking out for your Marabel now, Avril - we’re back to supermarket potatoes from Tesco now until the maincrop in the autumn. Limited choice and they may not have them.

I buy mine from Asda Harry, I don't know if Tesco sell them, but they are a perfect alternative to Marfona, and available year round too.

Happy hunting.🙂

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
oops

29 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I buy mine from Asda Harry, I don't know if Tesco sell them, but they are a perfect alternative to Marfona, and available year round too.

Happy hunting.🙂

Avril

Thanks Avril.  After a bit of digging around it seems that Asda's the only supermarket selling them.  If we have an Asda delivery some time I'll get some.  Our Marfona have sprouted too far now to be salvageable, so we're back on the nameless Tesco ones.

However, on the plus side, the variable quality of the Tesco asparagus persuaded us (us = wife) to plant an asparagus bed a couple of years back and this is the first year we've been able to pick any.  Limited quantity only this year for the sake of the plants, but next year should be a bonanza. Not impressed with Tesco, but they do deliver.  We'll be back to Aldi again just as soon as it's feasible, and it's starting to look like a possibility again.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, delgirl said:

My eldest daughter who is severely disabled with ms had covid back in feb. She said she had had worse colds. Lets hope this is the same for you.

I hope I am the same as your daughter.  I still feel ok. No call from Drs yet re anti virals

Michelle

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

Sorry to read this, but hope you both recover quickly without any other symptoms.

14 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I hope I am the same as your daughter.  I still feel ok. No call from Drs yet re anti virals

Michelle

Do you have a contact number you can use, Michelle? Sometimes, I understand, the system needs a little nudging to ensure that it works.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thanks Avril.  After a bit of digging around it seems that Asda's the only supermarket selling them.  If we have an Asda delivery some time I'll get some.  Our Marfona have sprouted too far now to be salvageable, so we're back on the nameless Tesco ones.

However, on the plus side, the variable quality of the Tesco asparagus persuaded us (us = wife) to plant an asparagus bed a couple of years back and this is the first year we've been able to pick any.  Limited quantity only this year for the sake of the plants, but next year should be a bonanza. Not impressed with Tesco, but they do deliver.  We'll be back to Aldi again just as soon as it's feasible, and it's starting to look like a possibility again.

Just googled them Harry,it seems Waitrose do them.At least it was a photo with Waitrose written below it.Cheers,Brian.

20 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Just googled them Harry,it seems Waitrose do them.At least it was a photo with Waitrose written below it.Cheers,Brian.

Thanks Brian. We get the occasional top up delivery from Waitrose - I’ll see if they have any next time. None at the moment.

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

We are off to Weymouth for a couple of nights soon. DW said she will buy me fish and chips in the pub over the other side of the bridge. I have 2 weeks to change her mind.🤣

🤣

No

Let her pop over the bridge for her fish & chips but you stay town side and do Rockfish.  Or try Quayside Bar & Kitchen, which has an unexciting ‘always’ menu but a fantastic daily chalkboard, with at least five fish specials.  Or The Crab House, which you’d almost certainly need to book, but has recommendations from Rick Stein etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Do you have a contact number you can use, Michelle? Sometimes, I understand, the system needs a little nudging to ensure that it works.

Had a call from Dr, not ill enough for anti virals. Just collecting a machine to monitor my oxygen levels which is done via an app and the “virtual “ ward will monitor me. Going to ring me every day for 5 days to check how I am 

Michelle

• Like 10