P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

Good morning everyone.  Yesterday I woke up feeling cheerful, and soon after had a nasty chest pain which luckily went away (sure it was not serious ), so today I will just say OK so far!

Hope that applies to everyone, and that the weather might just oblige with a few more truly summery days.

As a precaution if you or anybody else has a nasty chest pain take a soluble aspirin.

If you feel dizzy,sweating or unwell ring 999.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, Graham.  I ;am having treatment and investigations on my heart at present - not that Drs. are unduly worried, and would obviously seek help if anything really concerned me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

As a precaution if you or anybody else has a nasty chest pain take a soluble aspirin.

Great advice Graham 👍

• Thanks 1

Off we went yesterday to Beaulieu Safari Park, but they must all have heard we were coming and did a runner or were asleep.  The very very long convoy of cars were all playing spot the animal.. We did see some, and had monkeys on the roof but we  were expecting a lot more,

I had a very embarrassing experience.  A lady got on in the next town and came and said hallo.  Later  at the Park she got  up from the table and came and gave me  a big hug/kiss.  OH just carried on as he thought it was a girl friend.  We had a chat.

We racked our brains all day.  It wasn't a case of forgetting a name we just didnt have a clue who the lady was.. We didn't think we had ever seen her before.   We decided that she must have made a mistake so we would say nothing so she didn't get embarrassed.   

Wrong... when he got off she said      'keep going with the puzzles'    Family and friends know I do jigsaws all the time.  We were stunned.

We have no idea.....

(if the nice lady is on cruise critic  then my humble  grovelling apologies☺️)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Off we went yesterday to Beaulieu Safari Park, but they must all have heard we were coming and did a runner or were asleep.  The very very long convoy of cars were all playing spot the animal.. We did see some, and had monkeys on the roof but we  were expecting a lot more,

I had a very embarrassing experience.  A lady got on in the next town and came and said hallo.  Later  at the Park she got  up from the table and came and gave me  a big hug/kiss.  OH just carried on as he thought it was a girl friend.  We had a chat.

We racked our brains all day.  It wasn't a case of forgetting a name we just didnt have a clue who the lady was.. We didn't think we had ever seen her before.   We decided that she must have made a mistake so we would say nothing so she didn't get embarrassed.   

Wrong... when he got off she said      'keep going with the puzzles'    Family and friends know I do jigsaws all the time.  We were stunned.

We have no idea.....

(if the nice lady is on cruise critic  then my humble  grovelling apologies☺️)

Reminds me of an incident at Edinburgh Airport in late 1990s, I had flown to Edinburgh with two colleagues for a meeting we were waiting for the car being sent to collect us, when a young woman rushed up to me flung her arms around my neck, give me a kiss, then suddenly said “You are not my husband, I am so sorry, you look like him and I was here to pick him up” with that she disappeared rather embarrassed. 

My work colleagues teased me for weeks about the mystery young woman. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Haha 9

Just home from our monthly sisters (+ one great niece/granddaughter) meal out.  We went to a Greek resturant that we hadn't tried before and had a lovely meal with lots of laughs.  This is now on the list of good places to eat.

For Stokies if you are visiting Trentham Gardens and like Greek food I can definitely recommend Anasma.

It was lovely to talk about our niece/daughter and how much she would have liked to be with us and to share stories of her younger days eith her daughter.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Reminds me of an incident at Edinburgh Airport in late 1990s, I had flown to Edinburgh with two colleagues for a meeting we were waiting for the car being sent to collect us, when a young woman rushed up to me flung her arms around my neck, give me a kiss, then suddenly said “You are not my husband, I am so sorry, you look like him and I was here to pick him up” with that she disappeared rather embarrassed. 

My work colleagues teased me for weeks about the mystery young woman. 

This reminds me of an incident last week when I called in a pub in town.

The barmaid said "hello, not seen you in ages" to which I said "sorry but I don't know you and have never been in here before"

"Oh you must have a double then"

"Thanks" I said "make it a double whisky"

• Haha 14

7 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Just home from our monthly sisters (+ one great niece/granddaughter) meal out.  We went to a Greek resturant that we hadn't tried before and had a lovely meal with lots of laughs.  This is now on the list of good places to eat.

For Stokies if you are visiting Trentham Gardens and like Greek food I can definitely recommend Anasma.

It was lovely to talk about our niece/daughter and how much she would have liked to be with us and to share stories of her younger days eith her daughter.

Thats where our daughter and her friends went for their pre Busted concert meal the other Sunday. Definitely worth a visit.

Having problems sleeping, been awake since 3:30ish and now the seagulls have started squawking so no chance now, you would think that we were by the sea not in the middle of a city. May as well get up!!

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Having problems sleeping, been awake since 3:30ish and now the seagulls have started squawking so no chance now, you would think that we were by the sea not in the middle of a city. May as well get up!!

We have been pestered by seagulls for a while now, they are basically scavengers and have obviously worked out that there is food to be scavenged inland as well as on the coast.  Our neighbour has lost a number of big fish from his pond and has had to cover the pond with wire mesh.

• Like 4

I managed to sleep until 6:10 this morning so a good night for me.  I  wonder if it was because I had 2 glasses of wine when I was out last night. 

We have clear sky this morning so I hope that it stays like this for bowling tonight, I hadn't planned to bowl because I have a cold but the captain left a begging message last night because another lady has hurt her foot and can't get her shoe on so can't bowl.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 7

Was reading only a couple of days back,that to some of us the gulls seem to 

be everywhere and appear to be thriving, they are on the red list ( the highest

level  for British bird species of concern), because their population has dropped

by 72% in 55 years but with overfishing of our shores,then it comes as no surprise

they look elsewhere for their food.

We have a country park nearby and they have decided to move in with the swans

and ducks ready for when little kids are there armed with half a loaf to feed them.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Take 300mg in this situation.  I have some at home which i note are only 75mg so one wouldn't be sufficient. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

Take 300mg in this situation.  I have some at home which i note are only 75mg so one wouldn't be sufficient. 

Yes I meant 300mg aspirin.

I take 75mg every day now.

When I had my heart attack I took 3x 300mg before going to A&E.

Beware all of my tests were clear and they were about to send me home until we said my grandfather died of a heart attack aged 50 so they then did a blood test which showed enzymes that indicated a heart attack and I was rushed into cardiac care.

The consultant said the early aspirin possibly saved my life and definitely saved any heart damage when I had my angiogram where they fitted a stent.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

Sorry folks but I don't think that we should be giving advise about taking over the counter meds. Aspirin like other things can be dangerous for some people.  I have an allergy to Aspirin that makes me violently sick and DH cannot take it because of the meds that he is on for his heart problems.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Was reading only a couple of days back,that to some of us the gulls seem to 

be everywhere and appear to be thriving, they are on the red list ( the highest

level  for British bird species of concern), because their population has dropped

by 72% in 55 years but with overfishing of our shores,then it comes as no surprise

they look elsewhere for their food.

We have a country park nearby and they have decided to move in with the swans

and ducks ready for when little kids are there armed with half a loaf to feed them.

They don't seem to be in decline here, there are plenty of them. They are a right pain in the neck!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Sorry folks but I don't think that we should be giving advise about taking over the counter meds. Aspirin like other things can be dangerous for some people.  I have an allergy to Aspirin that makes me violently sick and DH cannot take it because of the meds that he is on for his heart problems.

Good advice Josy, Mrs K has an allergy to aspirin too.

First action should be ring 999 or 111 and seek medical advice but if you could not get 

immediate help and no allergy then it could be a good idea .

Due to my health ,my consultant told me any probs ,then ring 999 first.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, purplesea said:

They don't seem to be in decline here, there are plenty of them. They are a right pain in the neck!

They are on Zapps feeding care plan .😉

• Haha 4

good morning everyone on this lovely blue sky morning, it’s the Bournemouth air show this weekend starting today so we won’t be going anywhere near the town centre this weekend with the crowds , we are going to the end of our road and down to ( what we call our beach ) it’s a lot quieter and you can see most of it anyway.

We had a day out yesterday to a place called sculptures on the lakes which was lovely and quiet, no children under 14 allowed and dogs must be kept on a short lead , took us about 2 hours but can take longer if you take a picnic, lots of sit down areas .

IMG_8030.jpeg

IMG_8038.jpeg

IMG_8035.jpeg

IMG_8045.jpeg

IMG_8046.jpeg

IMG_8049.jpeg

IMG_8054.jpeg

IMG_8055.jpeg

IMG_8060.jpeg

• Like 15

It was very peaceful and in the middle of nowhere really, I took loads of photos but didn’t post them all , what they did have was a vegetable garden with huge hanging squashes and courgettes.

IMG_8042.jpeg

IMG_8043.jpeg

IMG_8044.jpeg

• Like 4