P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

53 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I've had a busy start to the day with some required home tech changes. I had an email from Microsoft in July saying that after mid September I would have to sign on to my hotmail email address through a more secure app method. I ignored it and hadn't heard anything else thinking I would get regular reminders if it REALLY applied to me, however this morning I got another saying that that new sign in method is needed in 5 days times the 16th September!! It's strange that the email only went to one of my 2 accounts which are both old. Anyway after downloading the app to my ipad and laptop its seems to be working OK but it doesn't seem to work on my old iphone. I am reasonably tech savvy but still get anxious that everything goes OK with this sort of thing. Unhelpfully the email didn't give links to help articles I had to google it and find the apps myself. And relax............

If you go to settings on Microsoft you can see what emails they have sent you..I get emails telling me my Microsoft account  has been suspended, follow this link...They send it to Outlook.  I'm not daft, I forward them all to my friend.  He is a Nigerian Prince and looks after our investments...things must be going well as we haven't heard from him for a while.🤔

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, zap99 said:

If you go to settings on Microsoft you can see what emails they have sent you..I get emails telling me my Microsoft account  has been suspended, follow this link...They send it to Outlook.  I'm not daft, I forward them all to my friend.  He is a Nigerian Prince and looks after our investments...things must be going well as we haven't heard from him for a while.🤔

When I got the original email in July I was suspicious and checked out the email contents which confirmed sign in changes were coming in on Outlook. All of the apps downloaded for my ipad and windows laptop today I checked were legitimate Apple and Microsoft sites and apps. I just now need to rearrange their new set front screen layout to my liking.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lincslady said:

The only one I don't much like is 'darling', which seems to be more London based.  Where I come from in Cheshire it was 'love', here in Lincs. it is more often me 'duck', as in Notts.

As a London tradesman I've always used "love" although probably frowned upon since I retired.Darling sounds a bit condescending now.When we flew back from Turkey with TUI recently a female cabin crew member was calling everyone darling,it didn't sound right with me.A site manager from Derby years ago called everyone  "meduck", couldn't stand the bloke,lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning all.

A beautiful sunrise this morning. Lying awake  in bed and watching the day begin the sky quickly turned to  a gorgeous vibrant orange. It was stunning. The sun is still shining, although it's a chilly 6c outside, but feels much colder. It seems as though we may be in for a long cold winter. 

A day of mixed emotions for us today. It's Frank's 79th birthday, but also the anniversary of his Mum's passing. Frank hasn't wanted to celebrate his birthday the way  we used to since then, so I do a simple buffet for when the family pop in with cards and presents.

I have a Morrisons delivery today, but nothing  else planned, so a lazy day at home in the warm I think. 

Have a good day everyone whatever you have planned. Take care and stay warm.

Avril

Happy 79th birthday Frank.

frank-11.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lincslady said:

Good morning all, and Purdey.  I'm having my echo done tomorrow - after a 7 month wait - and hope to be told, probably weeks later, that nothing funny  has been seen.  I get more breathless recently, but think and hope it is just due to being unfit and am trying to walk more.

Glad you have now had both your ops., Brian, onwards and upwards etc.  Avril, I hope you and Frank have a nice day for his birthday; it is good to read your  posts now, which sound much more cheerful and positive than you were feeling recently. 

Suddenly blue skies here, but pretty cold and the heating is on as needed.  Have a good day, everyone.

That is a long time to wait , I’ve been waiting for 4 weeks all told and in between that saw a consultant so two weeks after him I got it , also got a phone call today for for mRA scan on Friday for my back , waited 4 weeks but I took a cancellation so that might of got me in sooner . I only get breathlessness if walking a lot and when going up a hill , I’m putting it down to be unfit and my asthma, hope yours goes ok tomorrow and all is ok .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

As a London tradesman I've always used "love" although probably frowned upon since I retired.Darling sounds a bit condescending now.When we flew back from Turkey with TUI recently a female cabin crew member was calling everyone darling,it didn't sound right with me.A site manager from Derby years ago called everyone  "meduck", couldn't stand the bloke,lol.

Hey duck, don’t you be picking on Derby folk 🤣🤣

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Bin man said:

The one that's gets me rattled is "How you guys doing "while with your wife .Since when have ladies being guys .

Agree absolutely with that. Really irritating and a very lazy contraction.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Waju said:

Hey duck, don’t you be picking on Derby folk 🤣🤣

It wasn't the meduck bit it was him.Even his own blokes didn't like him and clumped him in the pub one night,lol.

• Haha 1

Weds, Vienna. 

Today as mentioned we did a few sightseeing places. Started off going up to Prater park ( world's oldest ferris wheel ( as in The Third man  orson wells), then took the utube over to Schoonberg palace & gdns, we did not tour the inside,  queue was very long & it's timed entry. Had a good  walk around  stopped for some drinks up on hill looking at palace gdns, then  back  on utube to night market area, a late lunch . Then another utube up to see the Danube with the river cruise b oats moored up. A very busy day, mainly because tomorrow it's going to rain & temp drop. 

We have booked a nice restaurant for our anniversary tomorrow  night, just a 2 minute walk from our  hotel.  So hopefully  some pics from today below,  and  will update on tomorrow. 

20240911_103751.jpg

20240911_105322.jpg

20240911_122615.jpg

20240911_122737.jpg

20240911_124731.jpg

20240911_132333.jpg

20240911_133117.jpg

20240911_140825.jpg

20240911_141634.jpg

20240911_152946.jpg

20240911_162422.jpg

20240911_162816.jpg

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I hope everyone is ok as it is quiet here.

It is 7°C and clear skies.

Best wishes for a good day for us all.

Good morning Graham.

It’s very chilly here. Last night we closed all the curtains for the first time. While we have good double glazing the big velvet curtains make the place cosier.

Forecast is to fall to 2 degrees over night tonight so I think I will change to the winter duvet. It lives in a big case in the attic.

A job for today is picking apples, cleaning them and boxing them for winter. Not as good a crop this year as last year but enough for us.

Have a good day all.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Morning all 😃 Hope everyone's fine .

A bright 6.c this morning and the house CH boiler has kicked in today.

Only seems two minutes ago we were keeping the windows/curtains shut

so we could keep the heat out 😒

All have a good day ,as always -Take care 🙂

• Like 9

I was a bit confused this morning when a local round-robin email talked about the new problem of blue tongue virus.  I thought - not another as well as mpox.  Of course it a disease in farm animals, which in my ignorance I had not heard of.

Sunny but coldish here at present, off for the echocardiogram at lunchtime.  Have a good day, everyone.

• Like 9

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

It’s been raining heavily here this morning but forecast to get better later this morning.

I am not doing much today except the usual housework, dog walking and going to the gym.

We got back on Monday from a lovely stay at Heythrop Park in the Cotswolds. The weather was really good too which was a bonus.

My mum suggested Llandudno for a holiday next year. The hotel I would have booked (The Tynedale) only has availability the first weekend in May as it is already fully booked. Can anyone recommend a hotel?

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 9

Good morning everyone.

A bright sunny morning here, not as cold as yesterday morning, but still a nippy 9c.

Frank had a restless night, so is still in bed at the moment. I've set the table and weighed out the blueberries for breakfast, so now I'm at a bit of a loose end. 

There are still some garden jobs to be done ready for winter, that the strange Autumn weather has delayed, so I think I'll see if we can get a little more done if the day stays bright and dry. When we were younger we would garden in all weathers and all seasons., Now we are weather dependent, but thankful we can still do it since we made the garden  easier to cope with. It's more of a pottering garden now than a gardener's garden if you know what I mean. Mowing, hedge trimming, pruning, weeding and planting up pots and baskets etc.

Well enough of my ramblings.

Have good day everyone whatever you do and wherever you are.

Take care.x

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 12

Morning everyone,

After a very heavy shower a short while ago, it is now a bright sunny day here with a temp of 13c.

I have a lot to do sorting things our for our upcoming trip to Sicily. It is getting more complicated by the day. It started off as three of us going, it then increased to five and it's now six!

Hope you all have a good day.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning everyone.

A bright sunny morning here, not as cold as yesterday morning, but still a nippy 9c.

Frank had a restless night, so is still in bed at the moment. I've set the table and weighed out the blueberries for breakfast, so now I'm at a bit of a loose end. 

There are still some garden jobs to be done ready for winter, that the strange Autumn weather has delayed, so I think I'll see if we can get a little more done if the day stays bright and dry. When we were younger we would garden in all weathers and all seasons., Now we are weather dependent, but thankful we can still do it since we made the garden  easier to cope with. It's more of a pottering garden now than a gardener's garden if you know what I mean. Mowing, hedge trimming, pruning, weeding and planting up pots and baskets etc.

Well enough of my ramblings.

Have good day everyone whatever you do and wherever you are.

Take care.x

Avril

Hope you both have a lovely day today and that Frank has a more settled night tonight 

Michelle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just been looking at a cruise and select is only offering extra OBC or a bus. No parking on offer. I have checked and CPS has lots of space and as it’s over the winter the car park is not likely to be particularly busy.

Anyone else noticed this going or is it perhaps just that cruise?

The “value” they were putting on the free parking was not accurate anyway, a little inflated and nothing like the cost when booking via CPS privately.

• Like 2

Good afternoon.

We have just got home after 14 night's holiday.

We had 2 nights pre-cruise and 2 nights post -cruise and 10 nights on 

Ventura.

We were on by 11.45am priority boarding and seated at 12 noon for embarkation lunch which was table service and plenty of wine.

We visited.

Santander.

Vigo.

Lisbon 2 nights.

Porto.

A Corunna ( St Peter port was cancelled due to weather).

We had a fantastic time eating in Epicurean 5 nights.

Beach house 3 nights.

Sindhu 2 nights.

The only downside was.

NO SHUTTLE service provided at Lisbon and reception later said it is a Short walk and Shuttles have not been provided for months?.

• Like 12