P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 hours ago, ann141 said:

On a lighter note , what do others think of Bill Bailey winning Strictly? I had wanted HRVY to win but thought the dances chosen by or for Bill highlighted him at his best whereas I wasn't keen on HRVYs showstopper.Need another 'feel good' programme! now that Strictly is over.

I warned of the power of the underdog.. 

Another example showing we should not let the public vote for anything... 😂😂

Andy 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Morning all. 

Moving on, and looking on the bright side, there's a complete order (no substitutions) from Waitrose coming around 7, with some nice food for Christmas, a couple of bottles of Marsala, and some interesting new chocolate I haven't yet tried.

It's also Sunday, which is croissants + hot chocolate from a Velvetiser day.

Good day ahead!!!  ☺️

Sounds good Harry.

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Well, the good news is that my 94 year old mother is getting her jab on Tuesday, with the second scheduled for 3 weeks later.

She has walked to town to buy a lamb joint from M&S,  has got frozen roast potatoes ready, and is making a trifle for dessert. 

No issues,  no crying, just a "get on with it" philosophy. 

Fantastic Wowzz. 

I hope she enjoys Christmas as best she can. 

My parents would have been the same. 

Andy 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Morning all. 

Moving on, and looking on the bright side, there's a complete order (no substitutions) from Waitrose coming around 7, with some nice food for Christmas, a couple of bottles of Marsala, and some interesting new chocolate I haven't yet tried.

Good day ahead!!!  ☺️

Have a great day Harry. 

I popped into Waitrose yesterday, it was a delight, hardly anyone there and managed to get a few 'treats'... 

Andy 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Have a great day Harry. 

I popped into Waitrose yesterday, it was a delight, hardly anyone there and managed to get a few 'treats'... 

Andy 

Thanks Andy - you too.  Going to Waitrose used to be a pleasure. Great place for chatting with friends. Not been inside any shop since March, though, so the reliable deliveries have been welcome.

Should get the vaccine in the next month or two, and while that’s not going to change things for a while it is at least the beginning of the end - can’t wait to get back to ‘normal’ shopping again, daft though that sounds.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Tier 4 here now as well.

Christmas was going to be just me, Stella and a few Kronies.

Will just be me and Stella now.....

Have a safe one , sounds like your well prepared :classic_smile:

FB_IMG_1608414628821.jpg.9b7e6e61dc4f8a56aacdfb1ca24e9e56.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, ann141 said:

On a lighter note , what do others think of Bill Bailey winning Strictly? I had wanted HRVY to win but thought the dances chosen by or for Bill highlighted him at his best whereas I wasn't keen on HRVYs showstopper.Need another 'feel good' programme! now that Strictly is over.

I was just delighted that Bill Bailey won!  He got the 12 votes from this house because as I've said in a previous post, I enjoy watching those who arrive on the show already able to dance (albeit not ballroom) but get far more pleasure from either those who entertain, or those who make great progress and Bill scored highly for me on both counts.

In truth, I wouldn't have minded who won - I also like Janette and Hrvy seems very nice and I thought Maisie's show dance was great.  I agree that we need another 'feel good' programme now.  Any suggestions?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ann141 said:

My niece may be one of those on a train heading north(but to Merseyside from Euston).I don't necessarily approve but she rents a flat in London and had planned to spend the '5' days with family at Christmas.I do feel sorry for her that if she isn't one of those travelling 'home' tonight that she will be by herself all Christmas.A lot of young people who live in London don't drive so have no option other than to travel by public transport.She would feel terrible if she had the virus and passed it on to my sister and my elderly Mum so I hope she is staying put but I can understand her (and others ) dilemma.Its not simply a case of 'fleeing north' to escape the virus!

I perfectly understand that and those folk have my sympathy. I was just teasing those who assumed the trains were full of panicky southerners fleeing the contaminated south to infect the rest of the poor innocent country. I do wish folk would think things through. Just people who are working down here going home whilst they can 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Morning all. 

Good day ahead!!!  ☺️

My Waitrose arrives tomorrow evening so I've just been making last minute amendments.  As an aside, I've just googled Velvetiser following your post and it looks very tempting - and possible lethal for me as I love good chocolate.  I'm just wondering if it would be one of those things that would end up in the cupboard only to make occasional outings - along with sandwich toaster, ice cream maker, waffle iron etc 😁

Edited by mrsgoggins
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Hopefully people will realise that he is bravely doing his job in difficult circumstances.  Not his fault if there are no Pigs in Blankets in stock!

Marks &Spencer had millions of them yesterday. No shortages down here in Tier 4. Millions of the little blighters, far to many for us. You could barely see them for all the loo rolls. Turkey's, don't start me on those. Infesting the whole of Weybridge, panicking to leave .

Edited by zap99

If we think Chris Rea's got problems ,think himself lucky he's not flying home for Christmas 

to Holland . They have put a ban on flights from the UK with immediate effect.

So as we can see it's not just our Government doing last minute changes .

• Like 1

Even though I’m in lurgy ridden Medway everywhere I’ve been (by that I mean M&S food hall, my local Coop and Dobbies) has been really quiet.

My local walks are round an ex council estate, I hardly see anyone, perhaps I’m just choosing the right places to go.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Even though I’m in lurgy ridden Medway everywhere I’ve been (by that I mean M&S food hall, my local Coop and Dobbies) has been really quiet.

My local walks are round an ex council estate, I hardly see anyone, perhaps I’m just choosing the right places to go.

Same here in contaminated Surrey. All those panicky leavers have left.

• Like 3

I just got a text from my nephew's wife, she has seen a photo on my niece's Instagram of my niece's daughter wearing a jumper that I knitted for her, can I please knit one for their daughter but she would like it in red in time for Christmas day.  I sometimes wonder if the younger adults in my family think that we older ones are here for their convenience.  I will knit the jumper but it will be sometime in the New Year.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Screenshot_2020-12-20-08-41-53_kindlephoto-547491964.png

Don't panic lads .. Our local petrol garage is trading as normal so there will 

be plenty of gifts we can buy .

They are still well stocked with BBQ Lighter Fluid, Emergency Torch's. Tins Of Biscuits 

and loads of Scratch Cards that seem to be a popular gift on these boards .

Only thing is ,I must remember to cash in my Tiger Tokens when I next visit :classic_unsure:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I was just delighted that Bill Bailey won!  He got the 12 votes from this house because as I've said in a previous post, I enjoy watching those who arrive on the show already able to dance (albeit not ballroom) but get far more pleasure from either those who entertain, or those who make great progress and Bill scored highly for me on both counts.

In truth, I wouldn't have minded who won - I also like Janette and Hrvy seems very nice and I thought Maisie's show dance was great.  I agree that we need another 'feel good' programme now.  Any suggestions?

Dancing on Ice starts on 17 Jan. 😁

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I think maybe you’ve picked the right times to go.
I’ve been to the various local shops, sometimes quiet and sometimes so busy I’ve left and gone home again. I’m hoping now the non essential shops are closed there will be less people in the food shops when I go in a few days to do my fresh shop before Christmas 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

My Waitrose arrives tomorrow evening so I've just been making last minute amendments.  As an aside, I've just googled Velvetiser following your post and it looks very tempting - and possible lethal for me as I love good chocolate.  I'm just wondering if it would be one of those things that would end up in the cupboard only to make occasional outings - along with sandwich toaster, ice cream maker, waffle iron etc 😁

We thought that too when we bought it, but everyone we spoke to who had one raved on about it so much we took a chance.  £80 or so with a code, still expensive, but it does make extremely good hot chocolate if you use the right ingredients. Bit of a luxury, and I’d happily use it every day, but a sensible diet dictates not - so Sundays it is.

A nice treat, particularly with the croissants.  😊

• Like 2