P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

19 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

All those discussing Portuguese custard tarts, John says the M&S ones are good. They sell them in singles in the bakery - I don’t like them! 😖😁

What!!!  How can you not like them? The first we had were accompanied with two small salt shakers, one containing icing sugar and the other cinnamon😋 Very addictive.

Avril

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

Well, tonight we couldn't decide what to watch on TV, so we went back to the very first episode of Death in Paradise. Really good,  and after another bottle of wine we watched episode two as well. Not nearly as formulaic as the later series,  and it's good to see the original cast. 

Don Warrington has put a bit of weight on in the jast 10 years!

Showing my age, but he was  great in Rising Damp  !

I loved that show. Every character was unique and it was hilarious.

Avril

• Like 1

Big Death in Paradise fans here and am loving the new series. Wasn't too sure of the new detective at first but I really like him now so credit where it is due. Like the new lad who has joined, Marlon I think his name is. Like a young Dwain 😉

Not sure if I have posted this before but for all of those DIP fans out there today, get your dancing shoes on and join in and if it is grey and miserable get the rum out too.

BYRON LEE AND THE DRAGONAIRES - TINEY WINEY - (MUSIC VIDEO) - YouTube

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Big Death in Paradise fans here and am loving the new series. Wasn't too sure of the new detective at first but I really like him now so credit where it is due. Like the new lad who has joined, Marlow I think his name is. Like a young Dwain 😉

Not sure if I have posted this before but for all of those DIP fans out there today, get your dancing shoes on and join in and if it is grey and miserable get the rum out too.

BYRON LEE AND THE DRAGONAIRES - TINEY WINEY - (MUSIC VIDEO) - YouTube

We record it for later, and when we came to watch it found it had clashed with another two recordings.  Strange, I thought. Then found out it was cancelled on Thursday for football and aired on Friday instead. Typical, so we've now missed one episode😬

Avril

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Turned into a really nice morning here in Cheshire 10 degrees and rising, sun out with some warmth to it. Tender patio plants are out of the garage and back in position, for now!!

FB_IMG_1613385990523.thumb.jpg.03b13306a651d5eebafeded73e12db96.jpg

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

My nice new uniform has arrived for my voluntary role to help out with the vaccines.IMG_20210215_105711.thumb.jpg.ab9b42c670eecb15eb83cf82ed6bff30.jpg

I really admire you taking part in the vaccine trial AND being a volunteer in the roll out of vaccines.THANK YOU!! 🙂 

• Like 10

37 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I really admire you taking part in the vaccine trial AND being a volunteer in the roll out of vaccines.THANK YOU!! 🙂 

Thank you,  I am trying to do my bit because I know from my family members how the NHS frontline is stretched trying to get the vaccine out and as someone who is fit and well I feel that I should be doing something constructive to help out.

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Today is the day the lockdown was to be accessed.

As much as I would like to see a move towards an easing of some restrictions I hope that he doesn't open up too much too soon.  Hopefully there will be something to help the people who are having a really difficult time.

• Like 8

Just now, Josy1953 said:

As much as I would like to see a move towards an easing of some restrictions I hope that he doesn't open up too much too soon.  Hopefully there will be something to help the people who are having a really difficult time.

Today was the end date of the target to get the first 4 cohorts vaccinated so that will be his Good News story today.

They now say it will be February 22nd before a route map out of lockdown will be presented.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Thank you,  I am trying to do my bit because I know from my family members how the NHS frontline is stretched trying to get the vaccine out and as someone who is fit and well I feel that I should be doing something constructive to help out.

Thank you Josy - on both counts as Ann said.  We so need as many volunteers as are willing. I hope you enjoy it too. The rewards, like people bringing in biscuits and hot chocolate, stay in your heart; the miserable grizzlers disappear very quickly.  Be safe and well.  Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Like 7