P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Well I have seen the sea this afternoon! Had a quick walk along the Leas in Folkestone after my Covid jab. Bit fresh when we faced the breeze but very pleased to be somewhere different.

Very efficient in the old Debenhams, came out the time I was due in!

Strangely I felt the needle this time and I didn’t feel a thing last time!

6E40DF76-C438-4911-9D45-FD4D55F03D8C.jpeg

CEFE877B-4974-4D24-8B1F-B1D9B8430B7E.jpeg

Good news Sue.

Pleased for you.

Graham.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Thanks Avril, but they are not headaches. The pains are only on the right side of my head and vary in type as a result of neurosurgery. When I asked my consultant if they would go in time or if I would have to learn to live with them he couldn't say. I have learnt to live with them but some days are better than others. 

Best wishes and hopefully the pain eventually settles down.

Graham.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Jane.

We were married here 40 years ago in August.

Paulines mam and dad were married here 67 years ago.

Paulines mam and dad's funeral service was here.

We have been coming for Sunday service for years.

Take care Jane I hope your batteries have recharged.

Graham x

What wonderful family history you have with that lovely church Graham. My batteries are re-charging nicely -  thanks so much for asking. Jane.x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Beckett said:

What wonderful family history you have with that lovely church Graham. My batteries are re-charging nicely -  thanks so much for asking. Jane.x

Thank you Jane.

I'm pleased you are getting back to your happy self.

Graham x

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

That looks like a cabin we had on Azura - aft - wonderful

It was the Ventura C deck aft corner ( C752 or C753  I can never remember which is on which side ) they are our favourite cabins on Ventura and Azura.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It was the Ventura C deck aft corner ( C752 or C753  I can never remember which is on which side ) they are our favourite cabins on Ventura and Azura.

We had the one above on Azura in 2019 and had booked B749 for 2020 but it never happened 🙂

Wonderful cabin 🙂

Just to add that our church has been open now for 3 weeks but we are watching on Youtube at the  moment. Will be nice to meet up this Easter. It is our favourite time of the year and we missed the celebrations so much last year. We should have been on Azura in B749 in the Med for Mr Presto's big 6 - 0 but that had to be cancelled so it may be Chez Stoke on Trent. 

Shouldn't complain - 12 months on and we are well 🙂

P.S. Happy Birthday everyone - we are all a year old today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm happy to try it.

Graham.

We were in Thailand one year,  and Frank had  developed a bad migraine. We were  at dinner at the time and as I got up to go and get his tablets our waiter came to see what was wrong. I told him about the migraine and he simply pressed at the base of Frank's thumb and index finger and told him to relax. I was very sceptical and went for his tablets. When I came back His migraine had gone. Narid showed us how it was done and we use it all the time now.

Avril

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We were in Thailand one year,  and Frank had  developed a bad migraine. We were  at dinner at the time and as I got up to go and get his tablets our waiter came to see what was wrong. I told him about the migraine and he simply pressed at the base of Frank's thumb and index finger and told him to relax. I was very sceptical and went for his tablets. When I came back His migraine had gone. Narid showed us how it was done and we use it all the time now.

Avril

Thanks Avril.

I have googled and it looks very interesting.

How long do you hold the pressure for?

Graham.

Edited by grapau27

Morning. It is quiet on here this morning.

Another dull and overcast day here, but again dry. A nothing sort of day, a bit like everyday has become!

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Avril.

Graham.

I too have googled it and it says five minutes.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Morning. It is quiet on here this morning.

Another dull and overcast day here, but again dry. A nothing sort of day, a bit like everyday has become!

I too have googled it and it says five minutes.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Thanks.

I looked again after posting and saw the short video for headache and migraine pressure point and 5 minutes mentioned.

I hope it works for you.

Knee arthritis pain and not being able to take ibuprofen because of my heart medication is what I am looking for.

Beautiful morning in The Shire.  We went for our walk early and are just in, with 7500 steps under our belts.  Well earned cuppa and web-browse now

Exciting times for those making bookings for the UK waters cruises.  Fingers crossed for them all

EF15D85D-533F-45D9-80ED-1838AD7D9BFA.jpeg

• Like 8

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Avril.

Graham.

It depends on the severity of the headache/migraine. You hold the pressure for as long as you have pain. It's amazing how you can feel the pain gradually subside. I was gone from the table for about 10 maybe15 minutes at the most, and when I got back Frank was fine, just the residual after effects of a migraine, just no pain. Acupressure is an accepted form of pain relief. I think there are pressure points for your arthritic pain too, but I've not used those.  It's like acupunctue  but without the needles. reading back at your post I would say 5 mins is about right. Narid didn't give a time frame, he merely said 'until you have no pain'

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
added text
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It depends on the severity of the headache/migraine. You hold the pressure for as long as you have pain. It's amazing how you can feel the pain gradually subside. I was gone from the table for about 10 maybe15 minutes at the most, and when I got back Frank was fine, just the residual after effects of a migraine, just no pain. Acupressure is an accepted form of pain relief. I think there are pressure points for your arthritic pain too, but I've not used those.  It's like acupunctue  but without the needles. reading back at your post I would say 5 mins is about right. Narid didn't give a time frame, he merely said 'until you have no pain'

Avril

You can buy a “thing” Avril

Ridiculously expensive for a bit of plastic but could be worthwhile to protect your health and avoid drugs?

I don’t suffer, so I’ve not got one and can’t give any personal experience or recommendations.  Sea Bands work for me though, and that’s acupressure too

AEFA3738-5DB8-477F-A681-6C10A6FFA6DD.jpeg

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

You can buy a “thing” Avril

Ridiculously expensive for a bit of plastic but could be worthwhile to protect your health and avoid drugs?

I don’t suffer, so I’ve not got one and can’t give any personal experience or recommendations.  Sea Bands work for me though, and that’s acupressure too

AEFA3738-5DB8-477F-A681-6C10A6FFA6DD.jpeg

Probably find a clothes peg will do the same thing, us Yorkshire men always look for a cheap alternative.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Probably find a clothes peg will do the same thing, us Yorkshire men always look for a cheap alternative.

I'll keep using my thumb👍. It's free and I'll always know where it is when I need it.😁

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I mentioned this to my wife, Avril.  

I know you know it works, but for what it’s worth she said she’d had it recommended to her some years ago by a friend of ours who was a consultant anaesthetist running a pain clinic.

He demonstrated its effectiveness to her by instantly removing a headache using an acupuncture needle in that location. He added that pinching the same location would also work, but take a bit longer.