P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

33 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Lovely day here, and a bit warmer than it has been.  Guess who can now go up the stairs without a stick and walk around the house normally.  Still take my stick outside - like a comfort thing.  Can now sleep on my side which is so much better.

If only I wasn't so impatient!!!

Keep up that progress and you'll be out on your paddle board by Mayday.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Hi just got in.. been out all day to Conwy walking. The walk was stunning but the town heaving so we came away and walked some more. Hubby loves the Mr Whippy from the cafe in Pensarn so called in for his last ice cream until next week.  Home tomorrow morning but back next weekend. If we don't see you have a great first week .. am sure we will catch up .. plenty of time for that . Ps Hope you got a bottle of champagne from Joe 😉

Yes, champagne in the fridge. I don’t suppose you get one on every arrival. Just hope it is better than P&O offering. We are here until Monday then probably next weekend. 

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Thanks for your kind words guys but to be honest it has been a two way thing and 

we have all supported each other through the darker times of the pandemic into 

what seems to be coming into happier times and I thank you all for that . You are 

truly a great bunch of online buddies and long may we keep our support going while

ever it is needed for those who post and the ones who just read at the moment .

Once again thank you guys :classic_love: Best regards to you all Kalos :classic_smile:

You are too modest Kalos.

Your early morning posts are a tonic for me and I believe for everyone else and you are a trusted,caring and helpful poster.

This thread has been excellent for developing respect and friendship among us all on here during covid19 and hopefully someday most of us get an opportunity to have a drink and chat in person.

Take care mate.

Graham.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Cracking day here, wall to wall sunshine all day, it was great to see the family, both grandsons stayed in to make sure they saw us. So nice to sit in the sun chatting, SiL cooked sausages on the barbie for sarnies, we picked up some cakes on the way over. Nice restful afternoon sat in the garden reading. Hope everyone is making the best of the great weather.

Happy to hear you have had a great day with the family Phil.

Graham.

9 hours ago, Beckett said:

Kalos, I think I might be a little bit in love with you - in a completely appropriate non-threatening to Mrs Kalos way!  You are so positive, so caring of us all on here; your daily posts are a joy to read and have a good laugh at, and you're just an all round great guy. Thank you. Jane.x

Well said Jane.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Lovely day here, and a bit warmer than it has been.  Guess who can now go up the stairs without a stick and walk around the house normally.  Still take my stick outside - like a comfort thing.  Can now sleep on my side which is so much better.

If only I wasn't so impatient!!!

That is fantastic news Jean.

I'm really happy for you 

Graham.

• Like 3

Just now, grapau27 said:

That is fantastic news Jean.

I'm really happy for you 

Graham.

Graham, as you can imagine I have had really bad days and then suddenly a good day.  I am not a patient person, so having gone from a fit and healthy person who charges around all the time, this totally floored me.  So I must learn patience!  🤣

• Like 1

Just booked a load of hotels to take us up to Scotland and round the coast through Northumberland and the Peak District.  We are catching the Maid of the Forth to the island in the river where my father wrote the following lines

The gulls sweep Aberlady Bay

From Inchkeith to the Isle of May

Oh what would I no give to be

At Gullane where the wind blows free

and walk again that Lothian Lea

Where I was born.

Written when he was in London longing to be back in Scotland.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

Graham, as you can imagine I have had really bad days and then suddenly a good day.  I am not a patient person, so having gone from a fit and healthy person who charges around all the time, this totally floored me.  So I must learn patience!  🤣

I think because you were fit and pushed yourself to get better it has really helped you recover a lot quicker.

Sorry to hear you have had bad days but hopefully they will soon be just a memory and you get back to a full recovery and have no pain. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I think because you were fit and pushed yourself to get better it has really helped you recover a lot quicker.

Sorry to hear you have had bad days but hopefully they will soon be just a memory and you get back to a full recovery and have no pain. 

Graham, I count myself lucky to have a lovely husband who does everything for me and when I say I am sorry, you have to do that, he says "that's what I'm here for".  The only problem was when I asked him if he could help me put on my knickers, he replied "I only know how to take knickers off!"

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

Graham, I count myself lucky to have a lovely husband who does everything for me and when I say I am sorry, you have to do that, he says "that's what I'm here for".  The only problem was when I asked him if he could helped me put on my knickers, he replied "I only know how to take knickers off!"

I have the same problem 🤫😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/16/2021 at 9:15 PM, Beckett said:

Me too Brian. I've been whingeing since the bloody law was changed. Knowing about it hasn't made the last six years any easier! Jane.x

I’m ‘only’ 56 but for most of my working life thought my pension age would be 60! So I’m still a bit miffed I still have to wait another 11 years as it’s 67 for me! John is 4 years older than me so we would have retired about the same time. His retirement age is 66 and 6 months! I keep telling him I’m retiring when he does and he replies ‘no you’re not’ !

• Like 3

Lots of news to catch up on.

Sunny here but I haven’t been out in it today. I watched the funeral and thought it was very moving, Windsor looked gorgeous in the sunshine and don’t we do pomp and pageantry well? I think they did the Duke proud . I actually think it was better for the Queen not to have so many people there, rather sad to see her sitting alone though.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Lots of news to catch up on.

Sunny here but I haven’t been out in it today. I watched the funeral and thought it was very moving, Windsor looked gorgeous in the sunshine and don’t we do pomp and pageantry well? I think they did the Duke proud . I actually think it was better for the Queen not to have so many people there, rather sad to see her sitting alone though.

I agree about the Queen sitting alone. Surely someone could have sat next to her?

And whatever your opinion of the PoE, he knew how to arrange the weather!  Fantastic day.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

I agree about the Queen sitting alone. Surely someone could have sat next to her?

And whatever your opinion of the PoE, he knew how to arrange the weather!  Fantastic day.

I do think perhaps something was suggested to the Queen but she thought people would complain they couldn’t have the funeral they wanted. She always sets an example. Most reasonable people didn’t want to see her alone. My mum was outraged!

• Like 5

There was one moment when The Queen bowed her head so low you couldn't see any any part of her - she looked so vulnerable - just a very elderly lady in the throes of deep and unassuagable grief.  I found it very moving.  My heart ached for her.

What a wonderful tribute we paid to Prince Philip though. The coming together of all the service bands, the wonderful music, the dignity of the whole day, and the beautiful weather. Nobody does it better.

Jane.x

• Like 11

Good morning Guys I hope you are all well :classic_smile: It's A sunny morning here 3.c but a

bit of heavy cloud over to the west of us .We are tipped to have a nice day  and 

the temps should reach 15.c so may have a lazy Sunday afternoon as I've got no

time to worry, I might even close my eyes and drift away....  for a hour later ....:classic_unsure:

(where have I heard that before )

This morning now the weather is getting better so I thought I should bring up the

subject of keep fit after reading over the last few months your wardrobes have had

their own pandemic "SCS" shrinking clothes syndrome .Lets face it sat  in all those

months knocking back G&T's/cases of wine or any other drink you  could lay your

hands on not to mention cream cakes ,chocolate goodies and takeaway's to name

a few lockdown comforts. Now is the time to take action, so I have led the  way :classic_unsure::classic_wacko:.

We can do this if we put our minds to it .My Granddad used to always say that ....

“Two heads are better than one.” Great  bloke, but crap  at minting coins.

I don't mean to brag, but I just finished a two week diet program in just over eight

hours and I still weigh the same .:classic_mellow:
Be careful if you try online slimming sites as not all of them are good ..... "This site

uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on the site. By continuing to use

the site, you agree to accept these cookies." I found this statement at the bottom of

the weight watchers website can you believe that ! :classic_ohmy: It's going to be a struggle but

I'm sure we can get there ,I think I will try walking about with bread  on my head ......

better known as the Loaf Hat Diet ,hope that works .  I should be ok though, the problem

isn’t that obesity runs in our family. It’s that no one runs in our family. So joggings out !

So anyone losing a few pounds  that should be a piece of cake but remember you can't

have your cake and eat it ..or can you ?  I don't know, I may start on another day as I seem

to have far too much on my plate at the moment . Now where did Mrs K hide the kit-kat's :classic_smile:

images.png.5b9a91011b59f46597ff2e8d98737c18.png  Keep safe :classic_love:

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning Guys I hope you are all well :classic_smile: It's A sunny morning here 3.c but a

bit of heavy cloud over to the west of us .We are tipped to have a nice day  and 

the temps should reach 15.c so may have a lazy Sunday afternoon as I've got no

time to worry, I might even close my eyes and drift away....  for a hour later ....:classic_unsure:

(where have I heard that before )

This morning now the weather is getting better so I thought I should bring up the

subject of keep fit after reading over the last few months your wardrobes have had

their own pandemic "SCS" shrinking clothes syndrome .Lets face it sat  in all those

months knocking back G&T's/cases of wine or any other drink you  could lay your

hands on not to mention cream cakes ,chocolate goodies and takeaway's to name

a few lockdown comforts. Now is the time to take action, so I have led the  way :classic_unsure::classic_wacko:.

We can do this if we put our minds to it .My Granddad used to always say that ....

“Two heads are better than one.” Great  bloke, but crap  at minting coins.

I don't mean to brag, but I just finished a two week diet program in just over eight

hours and I still weigh the same .:classic_mellow:
Be careful if you try online slimming sites as not all of them are good ..... "This site

uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on the site. By continuing to use

the site, you agree to accept these cookies." I found this statement at the bottom of

the weight watchers website can you believe that ! :classic_ohmy: It's going to be a struggle but

I'm sure we can get there ,I think I will try walking about with bread  on my head ......

better known as the Loaf Hat Diet ,hope that works .  I should be ok though, the problem

isn’t that obesity runs in our family. It’s that no one runs in our family. So joggings out !

So anyone losing a few pounds  that should be a piece of cake but remember you can't

have your cake and eat it ..or can you ?  I don't know, I may start on another day as I seem

to have far too much on my plate at the moment . Now where did Mrs K hide the kit-kat's :classic_smile:

images.png.5b9a91011b59f46597ff2e8d98737c18.png  Keep safe :classic_love:

Your post has made me chuckle, my clothes do seem to be giving me more hugs than normal...any ideas why that should be?

I am making a positive step forward to fitting into my cruise clothes as I have stared back at the gym again. Not managed to cut out the cake yet though, I keep telling myself one step at a time

Michelle

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The usual Kalos post to bring a smile to my face.

Light, white cloud covering, will it break up ?  Slow roast leg of pork in the oven, I do like my traditional Sunday lunch, preceded by a can of very cold draught Guinness and a glass or two of red wine at the table.

Stay safe.

• Like 4