P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

That works for me Graham, he's so cute. You can take up the baton for the P&O forum.

Avril

Thanks Avril.

Bella has her own thread.

Friends of Bell on Floataway Lounge with plenty of photos of Bella in particular and friendly chat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Jane.

I'm hoping I get a text soon from my doctor for my second Pfizer jab as it will be 9 weeks on Wednesday since the first one.

Graham x.

Graham there's a slight delay in supply of Pfizer at the moment so don't be too alarmed if you don't hear for a week or so. We're expecting our next delivery on 10th May and as it's a nationwide issue I would expect all areas to receive deliveries around the same time. If I hear any more I'll let you know. It is on it's way though. Jane.x

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Beckett said:

Graham there's a slight delay in supply of Pfizer at the moment so don't be too alarmed if you don't hear for a week or so. We're expecting our next delivery on 10th May and as it's a nationwide issue I would expect all areas to receive deliveries around the same time. If I hear any more I'll let you know. It is on it's way though. Jane.x

Thanks Jane.

I had covid19 in November so hopefully the first jab on top of me having had covid19 might give me some good antibodies already.

Pauline had her first AZ jab 4 weeks ago last Wednesday.

Graham x.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Sometimes even I feel sad , just read this news that's coming in and after reading 

it a couple of times, I ask myself why and my heart goes out to this good person 

and his family :classic_sad:

https://news.sky.com/story/ambulance-worker-dies-after-object-strikes-windscreen-during-response-to-999-call-12285972

Dear God what is this world coming to Kalos. So desperately sad and for what? Dreadful. His poor family. Jane.x

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That why I've been staying quiet and keeping my head down Kalos😉

Avril

Such a shame that is how people are feeling ,no need for it. I note a lot of posters are 

keeping their heads down .Not just @AndyMichelle is it ? Not good is it ? :classic_unsure: 

Catch you later !

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I think a few of us regulars checked out for a while today.

Hopefully the joke video changed the tone.

A friend of mine on RCG forums posts a photo of his cute dog at times to calm a thread.

Screenshot_20210424_210646.jpg

Ah she's gorgeous! What a cutie. J.x

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Jane.

I had covid19 in November so hopefully the first jab on top of me having had covid19 might give me some good antibodies already.

Pauline had her first AZ jab 4 weeks ago last Wednesday.

Graham x.

I would think you are in good nick antibody-wise Graham. All good - and Pauline won't be too far behind you. J.x

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Ah she's gorgeous! What a cutie. J.x

She is gorgeous.

I keep a couple of screenshots of Bella on my phone to cheer me up if I'm feeling low.

This was Bell as a puppy.

Graham x.

Screenshot_20210424_220843.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Went to Sissinghurst  castle gardens today, not a cloud in the sky, gorgeous. Met my mum and dad there and my mum had her roller with her so that meant we had a bit of a problem with some of the narrow paths. Lovely afternoon finished off with a coffee and scone sitting outside. 
My favourite garden is the ‘White Garden’ where all the plants are white but we’ve never been there at this time of year, if was full of white tulips and daffodils- lovely! 

6C5CECE7-137A-4D25-A57D-11B9A3B7AB5B.jpeg

2730CA5E-93F7-4311-9F4B-72F32F6E7E3E.jpeg

9C54599F-C60B-41FF-A16F-8E60ACD57919.jpeg

Lovely photos of a lovely place! Glad you had a nice time, I was wondering earlier if you’d managed to get there this week.The white garden is beautiful isn’t it, so peaceful.

We went over to Leeds Castle on Wednesday, the first time this year.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, kalos said:

Such a shame that is how people are feeling ,no need for it. I note a lot of posters are 

keeping their heads down .Not just @AndyMichelle is it ? Not good is it ? :classic_unsure: 

Catch you later !

I think I’m going to keep my head down now, as I’ve obviously upset people.

I had a good reason for what I said, but I’m not going to explain any further, as I can see it would not be appreciated.

Coupled with what seemed to be implied on another thread, I’ve had enough for while, so I’m taking  a break 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I had a good reason for what I said, but I’m not going to explain any further, as I can see it would not be appreciated.

Coupled with what seemed to be implied on another thread, I’ve had enough for while, so I’m taking  a break 

Take care Dermotsgirl.

Graham.

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Just to say that my wife, and lots of our neighbours, are having their second Pfizer jab on Monday, almost exactly 12 weeks after their first vaccination, so supplies are still getting through.   

Just a "hats off" to everyone involved in the whole vaccination process - unbelievable - and a special thanks to all the volunteers. A fantastic achievement! 

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Don't go - you are one of the good guys that say things as they are. 

We need more like you, prepared to actually say something worthwhile,  so please come back! 

Just to add, I think I may have seen the thread you referred to - you are totally blameless- please come back. 

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Don't do that, Dermotsgirl - your contributions are valued.  We've been into all this before, and those of us who want to discuss what's going on around us in the news are as entitled to do that as those who prefer other topics.

There's room for both.

I've no interest in or knowledge of dogs and cats, but I wouldn't dream of objecting to those who do - I just don't comment, because I know nothing about it.  I've raised discussion topics around food before - again not everyone will be remotely interested if fish and chips or cheese!

But surely in an adult forum like this, with reasonable people, it's perfectly possible to discuss current affairs (which actually impact directly on when things can get back to normal) without others being upset by it?

I’ll second that. I have no interest either in cats and dogs and even less interest in wine and weather reports, so I merrily scroll by and pretty soon, something interesting always turns up. 

We have a national election in Wales week after next, so plenty of interesting topics in the news and in print!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

even less interest in wine and weather reports, 

I certainly agree about the weather reports, if not the wine!

To be honest, why do I need to know what the weather is like 200 miles away from me ?

Still, as you say, I'll just scroll by the weather reports.  

6 hours ago, Ardennais said:

I’ll second that. I have no interest either in cats and dogs and even less interest in wine and weather reports, so I merrily scroll by and pretty soon, something interesting always turns up. 

We have a national election in Wales week after next, so plenty of interesting topics in the news and in print!

Brilliantly put. As you say, scroll by if you're not interested in a topic, but don't expect everyone to talk about cats, dogs, weather and wine. There are more interesting things and we shouldn't be barred from discussing them just because others find them boring.

I find the contrasts between England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland fascinating at the moment, and the different reactions to this wretched virus. I also find the different leadership styles fascinating!

• Like 5

Good morning!  Wall to wall blue sky again

The cats and dog have had their breakfast.  We’re Sunday lunching out, and shall no doubt have some wine, probably red

There - that should have closed down discussion for the day! 🤣

Seriously - Dermotsgirl, you certainly haven’t offended or upset me, in this thread or any other.  Take a deep breath, a day or two breather if you like, and come back refreshed

Have a lovely day everyone, enjoy the sunshine - oops, weather again 🙂

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I don't know what prompted your decision Dermotsgirl but I would ask you to reconsider. I always find your posts relevant and thoughtful. I look forward to reading them as I'm sure many others on here do. In the meanwhile take care and I look forward to reading you soon. Best wishes. Jane. X

• Like 7

9 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Lovely photos of a lovely place! Glad you had a nice time, I was wondering earlier if you’d managed to get there this week.The white garden is beautiful isn’t it, so peaceful.

We went over to Leeds Castle on Wednesday, the first time this year.

Yes it’s lovely. Last time we went it was the end of summer (not last year) and most of the roses were passed their best and there wasn’t a lot of ‘white’ in the white garden. Yesterday was stunning with all the spring flowers.

Leeds castle is lovely too.

• Like 2

I'm going to do a Kalos here with my thoughts for the day:

It's a lovely cold, crisp morning here in N.London. i've been out for a lovely walk with Ted and did some thinking on the way round - about the poor family of the ambulance crew who tragically died yesterday in a senseless attack -  about those poor people in India who are dying on screen right in front us - desperately sick people who can't take a last breath because there's no oxygen. So sad.

Then to lighten my mood I wondered what the inside of the Number 10 flat looks like after having all that money spent on it- why I can't enjoy Match of the Day anymore because so few games are played on a Saturday now.

For the record, I'm interested in everything that's posted on here. I love the jokes, the animals, the photos, the politics (and the spats), and the joy of an open forum.

An advance warning for those who aren't so keen on the photos - check out after 14th August for a day or so because that's when I'll be posting multiple shots of me and my girls on Virtuosa!

Be well and safe everyone, and kind. We all need a bit of kindness every day. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 14

Morning everyone, hope you are all safe and well. We painted last week in conservatory and don’t like it so hubby doing it again today. I have the usual household jobs, my mum is coming for tea, she likes traditional food so I am making a meat & potato pie with suet crust, cabbage and carrots made how my Gran taught me. 
Have a lovely Sunday everyone whatever you are doing

Michelle

• Like 8