P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Definitely Michelle. My mum is nearly 82 so she’s done well to last this long. She was told off for not using her rollator indoors but it’s too big . She has Parkinson’s and had her first massage for 5 months, she really enjoys it.

As Eddie said we shouldn’t feel bad spending on things to help our quality of life (if you can afford it) I’ve said to my Dad a couple of times ‘isn’t that expensive’ and he says ‘if it helps mum I don’t care’.

I absolutely agree.

We got Pauline's late mam a wheelchair in 2007 for her Angina and spinal fracture.

After Pauline's dad died in 2008 we took her on 6 cruises with us her last on Ventura for her 90th birthday 9 years ago and the wheelchair made a massive difference to her quality of life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Which ship Graham, and where? Jane.x

Morning Kalos. I hope you are both well. My knowledge of teenagers ( too much at the moment) is that Oreo Milkshakes are the way to go! I'm taking my life in my hands and taking my two on a seven-day seacation in August, on MSC, thanks to a massive NHS discount. The older one is trying to source some "cool" clothes to wear and the younger on is already packed! As they say where I work "Oy Vey!" Have a good day and best wishes. Jane.x

Azura Canaries Jane.

Graham x

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

He is a proper gentleman! I always remember going shopping with them both several years ago and my mum was trying to decide between 2 pairs of trousers ‘get both!’ said  my Dad 😊

That's me when shopping with Pauline.😍

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, purplesea said:

My father was of a similar attitude, and would always tell Mum is you want it get it. It will be gone if you decide to come back for it.

I'm the same especially if we are in a Foreign port.

I say we might not find the shop again or we will get back on the ship and you will say I Wish I had bought it so just buy it.

• Like 2

P AND O SUE, I know where you went!!!! 😀I didn't know you could go into Frankie and Bennys just for a drink.  I'll remember! that!  Did you feel safe there?  I need to get eyebrows and nails done, then I might feel a bit more human (had hair done Monday)

I wasn't sure whether to post about mobility but I'm pleased I did.    Thank you all for a  straightforward kind and sensible discussion.  Probably helped more than just me.. so I suspect.  I now know I can just use it when necessary.  I'm thinking of things like when at seaside, walking down the prom etc.   Definitely one for family chat!  Thank you everyone.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

P AND O SUE, I know where you went!!!! 😀I didn't know you could go into Frankie and Bennys just for a drink.  I'll remember! that!  Did you feel safe there?  I need to get eyebrows and nails done, then I might feel a bit more human (had hair done Monday)

I wasn't sure whether to post about mobility but I'm pleased I did.    Thank you all for a  straightforward kind and sensible discussion.  Probably helped more than just me.. so I suspect.  I now know I can just use it when necessary.  I'm thinking of things like when at seaside, walking down the prom etc.   Definitely one for family chat!  Thank you everyone.

😊 We felt very safe there, didn’t go inside the restaurant at all. Hovered outside until someone came to seat us. Nearly everyone was having food (it was about 3pm) and my husband was hesitant about going just for a drink  but I said I’m sure they’ll want the custom! We said before we sat down was it ok we only wanted drinks. 

We scanned the code on the table for the track and trace app. Tables were well spaced out and obviously outside. We said we’d go back another day for food!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It's the 5th cruise we have booked in the last 2 weeks.

3 RCG 

1 P&O winter 22/23 

1 P&O staycation.

Graham.

Oh didn’t know you’d booked a staycation one, you must report back!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

I’m glad you did too. Spurred me into action to order something I’d been half thinking about for weeks.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Congratulations Graham.  You have a lot to look forward to and I hope every one of your cruises is special.  Jane.x

Thanks Jane.

I hope your MSC cruise in August is fantastic too.

Graham x.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It's the 5th cruise we have booked in the last 2 weeks.

3 RCG 

1 P&O winter 22/23 

1 P&O staycation.

Graham.

we are looking at a staycation one end jul/early aug just deciding on brittannia or regal princess

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

Perhaps he will stick to important things, like Covid and travel and the economy and people's weddings and funerals and........🤔

Well up to yet Zapp he has but no weddings as yet :classic_smile:

David had his 2nd vaccination this morning and I haven't heard a single moan about it though that could be because afterwards we went for a drive out to the new outlet shopping centre at Cannock and I persuaded him that he really wanted to buy another Radley bag for me so he had something else to moan about. 😊

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Let me know if anything interesting please Kalos.

Van Tam has said later this year they will be working on a booster jab and trialing 

mix and match as a possibility or maybe a 3rd jab of what we have already had 

but stressed it is early days yet . The other thing he said was how important it was

to get two jabs into all adults going down the age range ASAP with the hope that 

the next third wave will be dampened to an upsurge . Hancock did a good job  in 

giving a tablet to the daily sleaze papers who wanted to talk about Boris and 

wallpapers in the middle of a covid update . They were all in awe at the tremendous

job our jabbers and stewards  have done which is now proved to keep deaths and

people out of  hospitals and hoped we all go when we are asked to go for their jabs 

as it is saving lives .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Van Tam has said later this year they will be working on a booster jab and trialing 

mix and match as a possibility or maybe a 3rd jab of what we have already had 

but stressed it is early days yet . The other thing he said was how important it was

to get two jabs into all adults going down the age range ASAP with the hope that 

the next third wave will be dampened to an upsurge . Hancock did a good job  in 

giving a tablet to the daily sleaze papers who wanted to talk about Boris and 

wallpapers in the middle of a covid update . They were all in awe at the tremendous

job our jabbers and stewards  have done which is now proved to keep deaths and

people out of  hospitals and hoped we all go when we are asked to go for their jabs 

as it is saving lives .

Thanks for the update Kalos.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

On 4/21/2021 at 11:00 PM, Cpt Pugwash said:

It's wall to wall sunshine here in Paisley and is to continue into next week but won't make a difference to me, i'm taking part in the Virtual Kiltwalk with my own challenge of walking up and down the set of stairs to my flat 26 times equal to miles in normal Kiltwalk for my favourite charity Children 1st.

Might not sound that difficult but i have a Prosthetic leg and between the operation then housebound recovering then winter kicking in then all these lockdowns over the last year i'm still not very confident wearing it.

The 'official' description of me by the Doctors and Nurses in the hospital was 'determined' my description 'slightly mad', but it's all for the kids that's all that matters.

Probably tempting fate saying this 'though i've had a few falls i've never fallen down the stairs YET'. :-)

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/kindhearted-scots-raise-over-4-23978508

I did it, took me 3 days but the main thing is raising money for the children.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

8°C and raining heavily although the sun has come through the clouds as I am posting.

We were both woken at 2am by thunder.

I have a couple of calls to do later.

Stay safe everyone.

Graham.

Windy, chilly but sunny in N.London today. I'm taking leave until Tuesday so a nice few lazy days coming up. You stay safe too Graham. Jane.x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2021 at 12:53 AM, Cpt Pugwash said:

I am providing the link to Cpt Pugwash just giving page again in case anybody else wishes to donate to the cause (see post 19652). As a bonus, he has posted a link to Annie Lennox performing a poignant and very relevant song which just happens to be one of my favourites

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1