P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

14 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Windy, chilly but sunny in N.London today. I'm taking leave until Tuesday so a nice few lazy days coming up. You stay safe too Graham. Jane.x

Thanks Jane.

I hope you have a relaxing few days to recharge your batteries.

Graham x.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

8°C and raining heavily although the sun has come through the clouds as I am posting.

We were both woken at 2am by thunder.

I have a couple of calls to do later.

Stay safe everyone.

Graham.

Send us some of your rain Graham, we have still have had hardly any, I need some on my newly laid grass seed.

Never know the garden so dry in April.

Eric

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Send us some of your rain Graham, we have still have had hardly any, I need some on my newly laid grass seed.

Never know the garden so dry in April.

Eric

Fear not Eric I have just waved our sun parasol in the direction of York so you can 

expect plenty of rain in the next few days :classic_smile:

Must go and investigate where I can get that paper and material!

We need rain Kalos, the ground is cracking.

Any one here remember Cisco Kid etc at Saturday morning pictures.  I loved going there, I loved the noise, dust, and atmosphere.  Well, the TV  Channel Talking Pictures, which on my old TV was Channel 81, but I just talk to Sky now so not sure, they are recreating it as it was, without the racket, on Saturday mornings. Cisco Kid, Tonto, and those awful B films will be there.  I will watch the first one and hope it doesn't spoil the memories.   Thought some of you might like to have a nostalgic look and remember chucking the ice cream cartons down the front, and getting a bag of chips on the way home for fourpence🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, indiana123 said:

Any one here remember Cisco Kid etc at Saturday morning pictures.  I loved going there, I loved the noise, dust, and atmosphere.  Well, the TV  Channel Talking Pictures, which on my old TV was Channel 81, but I just talk to Sky now so not sure, they are recreating it as it was, without the racket, on Saturday mornings. Cisco Kid, Tonto, and those awful B films will be there.  I will watch the first one and hope it doesn't spoil the memories.   Thought some of you might like to have a nostalgic look and remember chucking the ice cream cartons down the front, and getting a bag of chips on the way home for fourpence🤣

Don't forget Hopalong Cassidy.Saw the Lone Ranger with Johnie Depp recently,hilarious.

7 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Rocket Man for me please.🤣

31 minutes ago, kalos said:

On the rain radar Monday looks good for your area  :classic_smile:

It's a bank holiday so lots of rain can be expected. Sitting outside the restaurant in the rain. Welcome to Britain.😂

• Like 3

Hey peeps how is everyone doing. 

im guessing most of you have all had the jabs? 

I might have books a good little deal to canaries to replace the one we lost. 

kids had afternoon tea in the dresses that were for last years cruise since they are getting too big for them. Simple things they love. 
begs the question on which way should you do a scone? I prefer the cream on top but it always looks a mess and it’s easier with the cream on the bottom. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

kids had afternoon tea in the dresses that were for last years cruise since they are getting too big for them. Simple things they love. 
begs the question on which way should you do a scone? I prefer the cream on top but it always looks a mess and it’s easier with the cream on the bottom. 

It may not be etiquette in some parts but it is easier to put the cream on first.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Hi Vamps,personally as a practical point of view.Thicker cream first and jam on top otherwise the jam would be displaced.JMO.Cheers,Brian.

8 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

If its genuine clotted cream then I prefer jam first then a generous dollop of cream, but its difficult to eat without making a mess on either hands or face, or both!

• Like 2

Good to see you back Vamps, when is your cruise?

I've just got home after having my 2nd Covid vaccine, I feel very lucky to be early 50’s and had both jabs already.

Went to dentist this morning as I’ve been getting jaw pain, think it’s to do with wearing masks. For some strange reason I seem to clench my jaw open while wearing one, I stop when I realise what I’m doing and 5 minutes later find I’m doing it again. Dentist has given me a shield to wear instead of a mask so we’ll see if that helps.

As for scones, it’s cream first for me 😊

• Like 1

Nice shoes Pauline!

Our anticipated wet Wednesday walk turned out dry, yesterday.  Quite a tough one, over 2 hours and what felt like 50 stiles and kissing gates to negotiate.  
So, a quieter day today.  We took advantage of the pup being at the groomers this morning to have a lazy breakfast out.  Sausage baguette anyone (brown sauce of course!)

Lunch booking at an upmarket pub tomorrow.  An hours walk each way though, so we will have earned it

Isn’t it nice to hear that people have actually been doing things, no matter that we’re still limited.  It’s May on Saturday, and the 17th will soon come around to bring yet more release.  🤞everything stays good

11AA4F56-B332-4B3F-9059-A79309D3CD2D.jpeg

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 8

All this fuss over how to eat a scone :classic_unsure: I thought us northerners had sussed it all

out for you :classic_smile: Sheffield Uni did a study into this and after extensive research came 

to the conclusion  that , .....  

The research and resulting formula was based on a suggested ratio of 2:1:1 (by weight). For example the average scone weighing 70g would require 35g of jam and 35g of cream.

If r is the radius of the scone, then we have the following formulae for the thickness of the jam and the thickness of the cream. This is all in cm.

Formulamed

Clotted cream is better than whipped cream, primarily due to the excessive volume size of whipped

cream required.

The total thickness of the scone, with all its elements, should be around 2.8cm.

This provides a relaxed open width of the mouth.

Jam, due to its density, needs to be spread prior to the application of the clotted cream.

Putting it on after the cream may cause the jam to run off – creating sticky fingers.

The thickness of the cream should also not be thicker than the scone, as the scone will become off balance whilst trying to eat it.:classic_smile:

No need to thank us. just get them down yer neck before someone eats them all for you !

Sorted :classic_love:

medium1.jpg

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Hello there, I thought you might be looking at a Disney cruise, no?  

Yes fully jabbed and hoping to get to Florida at the end of September 🤞. When are you looking at a Canaries cruise?  

Scone, as in rhymes with ‘one’ and not ‘bone’ - no sultanas, jam first then cream.  Job done 😋👍

• Like 1