P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Despite a welcome touch of breeze down here I am still hot and claggy. But on the plus side, when I popped to the shops I like to think that kept those maskless ones well away!

Wrestled for an hour or so with “My P and O” ahead of Sunday to get final details entered, boarding pass printed etc…. But really, how many times do I have to log in to an already logged-in website: Paul Ludlow could almost hear me screaming “but I’ve entered my booking reference twice already!”; clearly someone at P and O really likes to make life hard for their passengers!

Now, ironically, about to prep my ingredients for giving a Zoom canapé making session tomorrow. At least that is great fun…and P and O have no control over that tech!

Edited by Camberley

7 minutes ago, Camberley said:

Despite a welcome touch of breeze down here I am still hot and claggy. But on the plus side, when I popped to the shops I like to think that kept those maskless ones well away!

Wrestled for an hour or so with “My P and O” ahead of Sunday to get final details entered, boarding pass printed etc…. But really, how many times do I have to log in to an already logged-in website: Paul Ludlow could almost hear me screaming “but I’ve entered my booking reference twice already!”; clearly someone at P and O really likes to make life hard for their passengers!

Now, ironically, about to prep my ingredients for giving a Zoom canapé making session tomorrow. At least that is great fun…and P and O have no control over that tech!

We are off tomorrow. I have checked all the documents twice this morning. All ready to go, but I had better check again in the morning. Lateral flow tests done just now, both if us are negative. Should be ok as long as we don't get crispy fried bat from the Chinese tonight.🤣

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We are off tomorrow. I have checked all the documents twice this morning. All ready to go, but I had better check again in the morning. Lateral flow tests done just now, both if us are negative. Should be ok as long as we don't get crispy fried bat from the Chinese tonight.🤣

Very exciting. Have a fabulous cruise

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, delgirl said:

Hi from extremely hot west midlands. Have one foot in bucket of cold water. Got bitten monday evening on my ankle. Yesterday morning looked I had an egg on my ankle. Last night whole foot was swollen and today the same. So I am soaking my foot in very cold water to try and reduce the swelling. This is the 3rd year running I have had a reaction to a bite. 2 yrs ago had to have antibiotics as finger was turning black and 3 bites on back all oozing. Had same problem last year but thankfully no antibiotics. Don't know why I am getting this reaction. They don't attack dh (don't blame them)!!! just me. If swelling not down by tomorrow will have to e-mail doctor. Just don't like bothering them for just a bite.😁

Oh dear you wouldn't be much fun in the jungle would you :classic_unsure: You would be eaten alive!

I'm same as your hubby nothing bites me unless it's desperate (wife included ) but a few 

mozzies have been known to have a go . The Mrs on the other hand is a bit like you and 

makes perfect insect food ,some of the states she used to end up in with ankle bites etc 

were not good . That was until  I read up on an article about the Royal Marines and how they 

stopped the bites when out in the tropics .  They use Avon  ! :classic_ohmy: I kid you not . 

They use a spray called Skin So Soft  (In the Blue bottle not the pink, the latter does not work )

We  have some  and it does work ,last few holidays we had zero bites .

So for future reference  after you get these bites sorted  by even letting your local chemist

have a look at your current bite . You could try slapping some of the Avon spray over your

exposed skin before venturing out . It smells nice and makes your skin soft  and the little

nasty's do not like it ...It worked for us . So contact your local Avon Rep who will sort you out.

If not there must be a Rep out in the jungle flogging this spray to our Marines somewhere.

Good luck and hope you get that ankle sorted .:classic_smile:

• Like 10

Where we are in Italy,100 years ago people used to die after mossie bites.I handle them pretty well there.Over here I've had some pretty bad bites,coming up like golf balls from just doing things like painting the fence.A lot more biting critters here than just mossies.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Thats what I needed today Kalos, full blown argument today with in-laws both my husband and myself had words today full on blow out for me and been crying all day because of it , because it’s not like me but it’s been brewing for two years, anyway they have agreed to get carreas in now so I’m in the process of that , I refuse to be ffffed at after spending 8 hours a day with them , but no apology from his father stubborn so & so ,  but it was all aired today and I will make the phone all tomorrow to start the ball rolling, taken advice from a few on here 😔

Hope you got things sorted today ,as others have said  you two need to look after yourselves ,

I get it's his Mum & Dad and you both want to do the right thing by them and you will but 

with the extra help that is needed  now ..Good luck and take care .:classic_love:

• Like 8

It has been a fairly long but warm 23°C today.

I dropped Pauline and her best friend off at Dalton Park Retail park and did several sales calls.

I called back 5 hours later to pick them up.

I got a chicken sandwich,ice cream and coffee to eat before they came out.

We went to the beach later  to watch the ferry sail past.

Screenshot_20210721_151016.jpg

16268850563948919815638679440235.jpg

• Like 5

Hot here today, too hot to sit out in the garden. Dogs too hot as well, we bought them a gel mat to lay on to keep cool and put padding pool up for them, keep just standing them in the water to cool their paws and legs. 
Richard gone to play walking football, he will be roasting

Take care everyone 

Michelle

• Like 6

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Oh dear you wouldn't be much fun in the jungle would you :classic_unsure: You would be eaten alive!

I'm same as your hubby nothing bites me unless it's desperate (wife included ) but a few 

mozzies have been known to have a go . The Mrs on the other hand is a bit like you and 

makes perfect insect food ,some of the states she used to end up in with ankle bites etc 

were not good . That was until  I read up on an article about the Royal Marines and how they 

stopped the bites when out in the tropics .  They use Avon  ! :classic_ohmy: I kid you not . 

They use a spray called Skin So Soft  (In the Blue bottle not the pink, the latter does not work )

We  have some  and it does work ,last few holidays we had zero bites .

So for future reference  after you get these bites sorted  by even letting your local chemist

have a look at your current bite . You could try slapping some of the Avon spray over your

exposed skin before venturing out . It smells nice and makes your skin soft  and the little

nasty's do not like it ...It worked for us . So contact your local Avon Rep who will sort you out.

If not there must be a Rep out in the jungle flogging this spray to our Marines somewhere.

Good luck and hope you get that ankle sorted .:classic_smile:

Hilarious as always🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

Well have a lovely relaxing time away zap  enjoy all this good weather and I’m sure you’ve got all your travel documents spot on , have a fab time 😎🥂🍾

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I might try one of those, I’m also at that age, I’m either very hot or freezing and rarely anything in between. I often need a fan at night but when I use our tower one I can’t sleep with the noise.

I hope you have a better day today and that things improve now you have a plan going forward, some light at the end of the tunnel.

It’s not as quiet as I would like , the sleeping mode starts of on 2 which is really my normal fan noise then it drops to 1 which is quieter but not perfect but doesn’t annoy my husband. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zap99 said:

Have a fab time Zap. Hope everything is traffic-free, hassle-free, and bat-free. Enjoy yourselves. Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

It’s not as quiet as I would like , the sleeping mode starts of on 2 which is really my normal fan noise then it drops to 1 which is quieter but not perfect but doesn’t annoy my husband. 

Deleted

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

I think I'll always be a dodgy sleeper but tonight takes the biscuit.  Slept from about 12  to 1 am.  Got up until 4, went back to bed couldn't sleep so here I am up again and absolutely wide awake (at the moment)

This must be the worst day to stay up all night when I have an appointment at 11 am, then need to go to pick up an outfit for a wedding in 2 weeks, then have another appointment at 6 this evening.

I wish there was a magic cure for insomniacs... I would be first in that queue.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I think I'll always be a dodgy sleeper but tonight takes the biscuit.  Slept from about 12  to 1 am.  Got up until 4, went back to bed couldn't sleep so here I am up again and absolutely wide awake (at the moment)

This must be the worst day to stay up all night when I have an appointment at 11 am, then need to go to pick up an outfit for a wedding in 2 weeks, then have another appointment at 6 this evening.

I wish there was a magic cure for insomniacs... I would be first in that queue.

I know how you feel , sometimes I’m awake all night trying to sleep but I’m just not tired and then just as I’m dropping off something wakes me , it can be a couple of nights on the trot that I don’t sleep but I never ever feel tired in the morning, it was worse when my children were young obviously worrying over them when they were out night clubbing, but all left home now and I am a lot better at sleeping ranging from 2 hours to 6 hours a night , I guess I’m one of those people that don’t need very much sleep, I hope your not to tired today with your appointments stay cool and try and have a cat nap 😴.

• Like 2

BIL was on the telly yesterday.BBC South were filming in a covid ward at Basingstoke hospital saying how busy it's getting and more younger people were being admitted.A glimpse of him sitting up in bed,he's being allowed out Tuesday pending a negative test.They wanted to let him out this week even with still being positive.His family argued against that obviously.

Is anybody old enough to remember when they sent you luggage labels?. Now it's, oh the printer ink must be getting low !. Bend line A under line B. Do not cut. Not that line you nincompoop. The paper label is now good and thick. That should hold. Where is the little screwdriver so I can dig the bent staples our of the stapler. ......still it saves them 2pence per cabin.....tight gits.🤬

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Is anybody old enough to remember when they sent you luggage labels?. Now it's, oh the printer ink must be getting low !. Bend line A under line B. Do not cut. Not that line you nincompoop. The paper label is now good and thick. That should hold. Where is the little screwdriver so I can dig the bent staples our of the stapler. ......still it saves them 2pence per cabin.....tight gits.🤬

I remember those days of being made to feel special Zap, but only when you booked a select fare😉

Enjoy your cruise, I'm very envious.

Avril

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I remember those days of being made to feel special Zap, but only when you booked a select fare😉

Enjoy your cruise, I'm very envious.

Avril

Thanks Avril.........where you been ????🤣

11 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Thanks Avril.........where you been ????🤣

And only suite guests got a bit of string to tie them on with.Have a good time mate.If you've got time ,do a "live from".Cheers,Brian.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Oh yes I remember and further back than that well before such holidays were thought about 

for us anyway . Club trips were the "In thing" back then . Line A and line B  were the difference 

between which coach you would get on . A for Cleethorpes and B for Blackpool, the latter being for the ones with a few Bob in their pockets back then . It was a far cry from checking in at Southampton port . It was a case of see big Les (member of  committee) who would write your name on a luggage label and bus number in Biro (no printer)  before giving us a small bottle of pop and a bag of crisp  before boarding could commence onto the coach . Things were much simpler back then ,we didn't have to worry about motorway congestion as they had not been invented .I hope you have a nice time away and just for old times sake take a bottle of pop with you and a bag of crisp .Also get a luggage label with your name ,age and ship on it and tie it to your shirt, It should be of great assistance to the check in staff . :classic_love:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Enjoy your holiday Zap!

• Thanks 1