PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

here in Palm Springs Ca...100 outside..beautiful...sorry no idea how to upload a picture...had to cancel August Alaska cruise and wondering if December Christmas cruse is on? Anyone heard until when Princess is cancelled? In the meantime time for a beer or 2..

2 minutes ago, beatriz22 said:

here in Palm Springs Ca...100 outside..beautiful...sorry no idea how to upload a picture...had to cancel August Alaska cruise and wondering if December Christmas cruse is on? Anyone heard until when Princess is cancelled? In the meantime time for a beer or 2..

It's cool and rainy about 65 miles west.

• Like 1

Poured rain yesterday. Very cool as we definitely need the rain. Looks to be sunny and warm from here on out. 2 new cases here - both in the 18-49 age range. Up to 24 now. Nobody in the hospital and no deaths. A number of restaurants and other venues opened up. We're still not participating.

• Like 2

My wife is out visiting with quilting friends. One of them bought tacos for everybody. They all took their own chairs and their own wine (and glasses) and are doing a "social distancing party" in one woman's back yard. They will stay far apart (one of them is extremely paranoid about the virus so I'm sure of their distancing) and will just have a gab fest. It's about as safe as one can possibly be while still visiting with others. They all really miss their quilting meetings and guild activities but all of that has been put on hold until "later"... whenever that might be. I'm glad she's out interacting (safely) with friends. I think it will do wonders for her mental state.

• Like 3

My son and I took the Rowboat out for a great day at sea today. Just breathing in the fresh salty air it was wonderful.

My son had 2 🥃 from the bottle of JW Blue I purchased for my friend Thrak. 😳😁

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony & Anthony Jr.

816A10F7-6D4D-40E5-8DC9-8CE3562B7C61.jpeg

• Like 2

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti announced yesterday that more businesses are opening, including pet groomers but not hair salons or barber shops.  That means that your dog can get a haircut but you can't!

The city of Long Beach is closing off some streets so that restaurants can expand their outdoor dining to accommodate more customers while still practicing safe distancing.  Things are slowly moving forward here.

12 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

My son and I took the Rowboat out for a great day at sea today. Just breathing in the fresh salty air it was wonderful.

My son had 2 🥃 from the bottle of JW Blue I purchased for my friend Thrak. 😳😁

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony & Anthony Jr.

816A10F7-6D4D-40E5-8DC9-8CE3562B7C61.jpeg

Would you like to see a picture of my rowboat?  Not quite as fancy and it is powered by a Minnkota and a deep cycle battery and is a full eight feet long.  It replaced my 30 foot Capedory cutter I lost in Katrina.  No more slip fees, haul out fees ,  bottom jobs, zincs, maintenance, insurance, etc. etc.

It is actally an 8' Jon boat I use to cruise on my pond

4 minutes ago, Norcalcouple said:

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti announced yesterday that more businesses are opening, including pet groomers but not hair salons or barber shops.  That means that your dog can get a haircut but you can't!

The city of Long Beach is closing off some streets so that restaurants can expand their outdoor dining to accommodate more customers while still practicing safe distancing.  Things are slowly moving forward here.

Haircuts for dogs but not for people?  Is that what you call slowly moving forward?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

Haircuts for dogs but not for people?  Is that what you call slowly moving forward?

Now you and you closes 1,000 friends can go to church, to talk to God but you cannot sit down with ten other people and have dinner ...yep all makes sense! Massachusetts is wonderful and We still cannot get our hair cut either or our hooves errr.... I mean nails done! Going to church with the masses Sunday pray for every thing else to open

🙂

Edited by Reader0108598

54 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:

Now you and you closes 1,000 friends can go to church, to talk to God but you cannot sit down with ten other people and have dinner ...yep all makes sense! Massachusetts is wonderful and We still cannot get our hair cut either or our hooves errr.... I mean nails done! Going to church with the masses Sunday pray for every thing else to open

🙂

I just had my donkey's hooves trimmed a couple days ago.

Church is available either in your car in the parking lot or inside with masks and proper social distancing.

It's probably safer than going to Walmart and rubbing elbows with many others who refuse to wear masks

and refuse to practice social distancing because it's their 'right' to infect others.  There is no test to see if one is carrying the virus and consequently spreading it to others.

Continue with this attitude and we will soon see the second wave of this pandemic.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

I just had my donkey's hooves trimmed a couple days ago.

Church is available either in your car in the parking lot or inside with masks and proper social distancing.

It's probably safer than going to Walmart and rubbing elbows with many others who refuse to wear masks

and refuse to practice social distancing because it's their 'right' to infect others.  There is no test to see if one is carrying the virus and consequently spreading it to others.

Continue with this attitude and we will soon see the second wave of this pandemic.

Not sure what you mean ..my attitude? Why are people allowed to go to church but not other places that are more important to them ? In my area did not hear about cars or parking lots at church! We have business going under not being allowed to open. What would it hurt a hairdresser and one client! I don't own a business I just hate the  way they are picking and choosing who can open and who cannot! 

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:

Not sure what you mean ..my attitude? Why are people allowed to go to church but not other places that are more important to them ? In my area did not hear about cars or parking lots at church! We have business going under not being allowed to open. What would it hurt a hairdresser and one client!

I'm not an M.D. or an epidemiologist a statistician, clergyman  or a politician.  I don't have all the vast information that they have when they make their decisions.  As a consequence, I try to accept their decisions as to what is best for my health and safety because they have the education and experience in their respective fields.

If you want to endanger your health, then that is your business.  But if you want to endanger my health because your irresponsible behavior, then it becomes my problem.

I think your questions could better be answered by those experts mentioned above rather than here in a cruise forum.  All you'll get here are opinions and very few actual facts .

You have a good and healthy day.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

I'm not an M.D. or an epidemiologist a statistician, clergyman  or a politician.  I don't have all the vast information that they have when they make their decisions.  As a consequence, I try to accept their decisions as to what is best for my health and safety because they have the education and experience in their respective fields.

If you want to endanger your health, then that is your business.  But if you want to endanger my health because your irresponsible behavior, then it becomes my problem.

I think your questions could better be answered by those experts mentioned above rather than here in a cruise forum.  All you'll get here are opinions and very few actual facts .

You have a good and healthy day.

Not sure how I am endangering my health...but ok! Yes you have a  sunshiny day also !

🙂

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

Today was even better than yesterday on The Rowboat. My son and I both had 2 🥃 drinks from Thrak’s bottle of JW Blue.😁

I like to say hi to my friend Mr. Steelers. He knows what’s coming now see photo.

776D949D-63CE-4320-A6FD-22CF460BE332.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Today was even better than yesterday on The Rowboat. My son and I both had 2 🥃 drinks from Thrak’s bottle of JW Blue.😁

I like to say hi to my friend Mr. Steelers. He knows what’s coming now see photo.

776D949D-63CE-4320-A6FD-22CF460BE332.jpeg

Tony,

As a fellow captain and sailor, I would like to invite you aboard my rowboat for a cruise and cocktails.  I would certainly hope that out of courtesy and respect for a fellow sailor, you would be willing to reciprocate.

Please advise.

15 hours ago, 1980dory said:

Tony,

As a fellow captain and sailor, I would like to invite you aboard my rowboat for a cruise and cocktails.  I would certainly hope that out of courtesy and respect for a fellow sailor, you would be willing to reciprocate.

Please advise.

Hi 1980dory,

I’m on my way 😁. BTW Friday it’s going to be about 75 so I’m going out on The Rowboat with a few friends. 
Thrak’s bottle of WJ Blue will be gone 😳  I have to get him another one. 

B01CA186-A4A0-44DB-8C9A-142ABE35919A.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi 1980dory,

I’m on my way 😁. BTW Friday it’s going to be about 75 so I’m going out on The Rowboat with a few friends. 
Thrak’s bottle of WJ Blue will be gone 😳  I have to get him another one. 

I'll settle for Talisker. Much less expensive. Far more "expressive".

My wife and I are definitely not happy today. Our daughter asked if we would watch the kidlet so they could go out fishing yesterday evening. A nice socially distanced activity. Of course we said yes. They finally dragged in at 1:15 AM. Apparently after fishing they decided to go to her "favorite bar" and shoot pool, etc. Not only was it rude and inconsiderate of them to just drop off the face of the earth and leave us with kid duty (she's 20 months old) for a much longer than expected time, we have now, of course, been exposed to a bunch of other random people. Butte county had 4 new confirmed cases so we are now a 30 and several of those are in the hospital.

24 minutes ago, Thrak said:

My wife and I are definitely not happy today. Our daughter asked if we would watch the kidlet so they could go out fishing yesterday evening. A nice socially distanced activity. Of course we said yes. They finally dragged in at 1:15 AM. Apparently after fishing they decided to go to her "favorite bar" and shoot pool, etc. Not only was it rude and inconsiderate of them to just drop off the face of the earth and leave us with kid duty (she's 20 months old) for a much longer than expected time, we have now, of course, been exposed to a bunch of other random people. Butte county had 4 new confirmed cases so we are now a 30 and several of those are in the hospital.

Don't blame you for being upset! I would have a chat with them at a later date as it sounds like they may not be in a mood to hear it today. I do agree it was rude and inconsiderate! I mean they have the baby too what were they thinking!!

Edited by Reader0108598

On 5/20/2020 at 10:56 AM, Reader0108598 said:

Not sure what you mean ..my attitude? Why are people allowed to go to church but not other places that are more important to them ? In my area did not hear about cars or parking lots at church! We have business going under not being allowed to open. What would it hurt a hairdresser and one client! I don't own a business I just hate the  way they are picking and choosing who can open and who cannot! 

1 hairdresser and 1client inches from each others faces = possible tons of possible new infections. Praying will not end the pandemic. Keep distancing and bring down the deaths. Remember we are on pace for 100,000 deaths now around Memorial Day

5 minutes ago, memoak said:

1 hairdresser and 1client inches from each others faces = possible tons of possible new infections. Praying will not end the pandemic. Keep distancing and bring down the deaths. Remember we are on pace for 100,000 deaths now around Memorial Day

Well as long as they are wearing these wonderful masks they should be ok right! That is what the goverment says and wash  everything down. Look I don't think I know everything I just don't like how they are picking and choosing who gets to open! They say we all have to wear masks yet they let criminals out of jail because they are not protected?? They say one thing and do another. I really don't go out that much in fact hardly at all just sorry for the person who spent his or her last dime to start a business now it is gone!

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:

Well as long as they are wearing these wonderful masks they should be ok right! That is what the goverment says and wash  everything down. Look I don't think I know everything I just don't like how they are picking and choosing who gets to open!

Masks reduce but do not eliminate  droplets