PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

Yep we are expecting 90's here in the northeast all i can say is happy I took the central air when I put in a new furnace and hot water heater 🙂Owner gave me a deal I could not refuse lol Everyone stay cool!

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 1:35 PM, Ombud said:

I'm beginning to wonder if my Pacific Northwest Cruise next April will happen because it goes to Astoria & Seattle (USA), Victoria & Vancouver (Canada)

I think chances are good the borders will be open by then. I also have a coastal that ends in Vancouver in April

• Like 1

6 hours ago, memoak said:

Yes it is blazing here in Portland. It is already over 90 now and the hottest time of the day is after 4. Expecting well over 100 through Monday. We don’t expect any days under 90 for at least a week and probably longer

I was thinking of you too! One daughter is in Happy Valley and the other in Hillsboro. (Do you think they could be farther apart? LOL)

10:30 PM.  It's still 93­°.  Supposed to get down to 74° sometime tonight.  Forecast calls for it to be slightly cooler the next few days.

image.png.ac7b6ecccb6ace91946eb5bf9b95d729.png

70 miles north in Redding the forecast looks much worse:

image.png.1fc4b8234bec0b2dcf4c965028c865d5.png

I have to wonder how things are in Arizona and places where it really gets hot!

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,

I can’t tell you how nice it is right now on The Rowboat. Margie and my two granddaughters are sound asleep. I’m just sitting outside looking at all the stars in the sky. I wish you could all be here with us.

Tony

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2021 at 11:27 PM, LoriPhil said:

We’re awaiting the 2023 Alaska itineraries and will book for us plus an extra cabin for either family or our cruising pals.  We tried to book our favorite VRBO - Big Island house for next fall, but their October is completely booked, and then prices crank up for tourist season.  Considering September, but it’s still part of the rainy season, so we’ll see.  Need a trip to anticipate!  

We’re also awaiting Alaska itineraries for 2023, as there’s every chance we’ll probably postpone our Alaska 2022 cruise till 2023. Just with the uncertainty with international travel from Australia. Will make a decision once I know when the itineraries and bookings are open.

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

10:30 PM.  It's still 93­°.  Supposed to get down to 74° sometime tonight.  Forecast calls for it to be slightly cooler the next few days.

image.png.ac7b6ecccb6ace91946eb5bf9b95d729.png

70 miles north in Redding the forecast looks much worse:

image.png.1fc4b8234bec0b2dcf4c965028c865d5.png

I have to wonder how things are in Arizona and places where it really gets hot!

We are heating up here in the Northeast started yesterday may hit a 100 degrees  this week! 

Edited by Reader0108598

6 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,

I can’t tell you how nice it is right now on The Rowboat. Margie and my two granddaughters are sound asleep. I’m just sitting outside looking at all the stars in the sky. I wish you could all be here with us.

Tony

Tony stay out there we are in for a nice little heat wave 🙂Enjoy!

Edited by Reader0108598

13 hours ago, memoak said:

It’s not far apart

Well, when wanting to see both of them, we are lucky if we can get from one house to the other's in 45 minutes one way. Traffic is crazy (as you know). They used to live about 2 miles from each other, then one sold their house and moved. Oh well... as long as they are happy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nini said:

Well, when wanting to see both of them, we are lucky if we can get from one house to the other's in 45 minutes one way. Traffic is crazy (as you know). They used to live about 2 miles from each other, then one sold their house and moved. Oh well... as long as they are happy.

Yes the drive from Hillsboro can be very slow. We are looking at somewhere between 112 and 116 today and 111 tomorrow. Then it will cool down to the mid 90’s. Tonight’s low is supposed to be 80. We are not used to all this heat

7 minutes ago, memoak said:

Yes the drive from Hillsboro can be very slow. We are looking at somewhere between 112 and 116 today and 111 tomorrow. Then it will cool down to the mid 90’s. Tonight’s low is supposed to be 80. We are not used to all this heat

So....................... now we are at 98 degrees on the beach in Washington! Yikes! And humidity is low for us at 40%

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nini said:

So....................... now we are at 98 degrees on the beach in Washington! Yikes! And humidity is low for us at 40%

GAH! We get heat but don't get much in the way of humidity. Of course that makes for fires...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nini said:

I wish mine were only 45 minutes apart. I have one in NC and one in CA, and one grandchild with each. Consider yourself lucky.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, memoak said:

My son DIL and Grands live the next town over because my son is a sergeant with our State Troopers I could not take a chance to pick up covid. Been hospitalized three times recently looking forward to seeing more of them at my place I am now fully vaccinated! Enjoy your family!

Gigi

Edited by Reader0108598

4 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

I wish mine were only 45 minutes apart. I have one in NC and one in CA, and one grandchild with each. Consider yourself lucky.

I do, for sure. It is just kind of funny that they used to be only a couple miles apart and now way across town. So true, many people have their kids and grandkids spread far and wide.

• Like 1

Now Into our 2nd heat wave this month, with high humidity.  Will probably end up with the hottest June on record in MA.

Thank goodness we had family/friend cookout on Sat. before it got bad.  Celebrated Christmas in June with decorations, lots of food and fun....nice to all be together again.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

Now Into our 2nd heat wave this month, with high humidity.  Will probably end up with the hottest June on record in MA.

Thank goodness we had family/friend cookout on Sat. before it got bad.  Celebrated Christmas in June with decorations, lots of food and fun....nice to all be together again.

What a great idea to have Christmas in June this year! After all.... was not happening in December 2020 😰

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

In Ma also we are in for a heat wave lol Stay cool! Yippeee for central air ! Happy you had fun with your family! 🙂

Gigi

Edited by Reader0108598

Yes, our Christmas in June was a big hit.  Had scads of food and Christmas lights out by our firepit and on the tool shed and other decorations scattered around.  Even put mini ornaments on our little table-top sized lighted palm tree.  Everyone had fun playing corn hole and other games and the youngest ones played under the sprinkler.   It made up for the isolated holiday 2020 season we all experienced.  Where there's a will, there's a way...

Meanwhile, looking forward to our next cruise (this coming Nov.) and a better holiday season in 2021 for us all!🤞

• Like 4

When I went back to school I had a grad student teaching one of my classes. She was from the San Francisco area and her husband had stayed behind while she got settled in and did her first semester of teaching. When he was going to move up here they needed a new car and she said they had a big argument because she wanted air conditioning in the car and he said it was a huge waste of money. (Since I've always lived in this part of the state it never occurred to me that they sell cars without AC these days.) She said that after he moved to this area he apologized profusely. He had no idea about the heat.

I feel sorry for the folks in Seattle and Portland and places like that who have no AC and are now experiencing record breaking temperatures.

• Like 2

It’s 80F here in Kailua-Kona, on the Big Island of Hawaii. We spent three days on the Hilo side and had a magnificent time. We checked in here yesterday afternoon, and enjoyed a lovely dinner while watching the sun set. 
I’m sipping my chocolate chai tea on the lanai and catching up with the threads here. We picked up the tea at a chocolate farm we toured on the other side. 
Below are my current views from my seat. A little bird came to visit me a few minutes ago. I also added last night’s sunset. 
It’s wonderful to be here with all three young adult offspring. We came to Oahu and Maui ten years ago, for our 20th anniversary, then sent the kids and Grandma home. PapaFej and I had an additional week on Kauai. This time, we are celebrating the youngest’s HS graduation (2020), the middle’s college graduation, and our 30th anniversary. We’ve all got two weeks on this island, and a week together on Kauai, all in condos, then we will send the kids back to CA, and have another week on Kauai at a romantic resort. The oldest will head back to Montana shortly after Hubby and I return home. 
I am grateful and happy to be here. I’m also grateful and happy that I booked this trip long enough ago to have avoided the crazy price hikes that have happened the last few months! 

DBB602EE-F870-496C-B853-16CF192B064A.jpeg

AE4024D0-902D-4E7D-81FB-B2A38FFD576D.jpeg

A9CBCC3D-ECBB-46BA-9E2A-F5329F9DF4EC.jpeg

DA9F2270-2B6B-4097-9CB2-CF859AF099A4.jpeg

• Like 10