PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

Sounds like so much fun!  How did you find out and arrange that tour?  We might like to do that when we're there next year.  

I booked it through AirBnB Experiences. I have Pilipo’s card back at the condo. I’ll post a picture of it so you can book directly with him, and he can get the full amount, without having to forgo the commission. 

We had a scavenger hunt today in Hanalei. It was the first disappointment of the trip. It was the biggest disappointment in all our decades of traveling. We expected something fun, interesting, challenging, where we would need to learn/solve something to get the next clue. We got a list of chores. What is the state bird? The state flower? An important crop? Uh, I learned that in 5th grade, and if I hadn’t remembered, I’d have learned it from the in-flight magazine. The other team was equally frustrated. This was after several rude WhatsApp messages from Tara, the proprietor. We finally decided to blow it off and go to happy hour. We did do one of the things on the list: an act of kindness for a local. We left a $31 tip on a $29 bill. 

Do NOT do business with Creative Soul Scavenger Hunts, unless you want to throw away your money, be treated like a naughty child,  and be bored out of your mind. That may sound harsh, but it’s true. I’ve told you about some of our experiences. We’ve had some amazing ones. I have many things to enthusiastically recommend. This was NOT one of them. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MamaFej said:

I booked it through AirBnB Experiences. I have Pilipo’s card back at the condo. I’ll post a picture of it so you can book directly with him, and he can get the full amount, without having to forgo the commission. 

We had a scavenger hunt today in Hanalei. It was the first disappointment of the trip. It was the biggest disappointment in all our decades of traveling. We expected something fun, interesting, challenging, where we would need to learn/solve something to get the next clue. We got a list of chores. What is the state bird? The state flower? An important crop? Uh, I learned that in 5th grade, and if I hadn’t remembered, I’d have learned it from the in-flight magazine. The other team was equally frustrated. This was after several rude WhatsApp messages from Tara, the proprietor. We finally decided to blow it off and go to happy hour. We did do one of the things on the list: an act of kindness for a local. We left a $31 tip on a $29 bill. 

Do NOT do business with Creative Soul Scavenger Hunts, unless you want to throw away your money, be treated like a naughty child,  and be bored out of your mind. That may sound harsh, but it’s true. I’ve told you about some of our experiences. We’ve had some amazing ones. I have many things to enthusiastically recommend. This was NOT one of them. 

"blowing it off and go to happy hour".....you sound like our kind of people!  LOL!
Thanks for the tips!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, suzyed said:

Thank you!!

We just did an EPIC sunset Na’Pali dinner cruise. Ah-May-Zing!!!! It was with Holo Holo Boat Tours and I would absolutely do it again! We got far closer to the cliffs than I imagined, even entering sea caves. The captain steered the port forward end of the catamaran into a waterfall, and I allowed myself to be “blessed” (drenched). It was only after that choice that he told us that this particular waterfall blessing was for fertility. 😂

Yeah, dude, I’m 54, here with my 26, 22, and 19 year-old kids, celebrating my 30th anniversary. Fertility is NOT the goal. 
 The food and drinks were very good. The service was amazing! 10/10 would definitely recommend! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MamaFej said:

We just did an EPIC sunset Na’Pali dinner cruise. Ah-May-Zing!!!! It was with Holo Holo Boat Tours and I would absolutely do it again! We got far closer to the cliffs than I imagined, even entering sea caves. The captain steered the port forward end of the catamaran into a waterfall, and I allowed myself to be “blessed” (drenched). It was only after that choice that he told us that this particular waterfall blessing was for fertility. 😂

Yeah, dude, I’m 54, here with my 26, 22, and 19 year-old kids, celebrating my 30th anniversary. Fertility is NOT the goal. 
 The food and drinks were very good. The service was amazing! 10/10 would definitely recommend! 

Fertility for your kids! 😜

And an ABUNDANCE of travel for you!

Actually got a reply to one of my vaccination inquiries. I never did manage to get a link to the electronic version - the QR Code - but the one that asked for a copy of my ID and vaccination card kicked down with something quite unexpected. They provided a PDF of my Yellow Card. Not what I was after but better than nothing. Of course it's not correct... It does show the first of my HEP A injections and shows the projected date for the second one but doesn't show that I ever got that second injection. It does, however, show both COVID injections. Now I have a second "paper type" verification but I was actually after the electronic version.

I'm actually grateful to have gotten anything at all - even though it is obviously flawed - but still want the "modern version" of verification that I've had my COVID 19 vaccinations. I'm not sure where to go from here though. The normal channel of inquiry seems to be unhelpful and the "go here for extra help" links took me to the Yellow Card copy route.

On 7/11/2021 at 11:40 PM, MamaFej said:

Having just spent 3 days with a 3three and a half year old I can say with conviction that "doing it all over again" would definitely be "an experience" but not one I would be likely to survive. How did we do it? It takes so much energy! I guess this is why rearing children is (ideally anyway) left to the young. It boggles me that my grandparents had, at one time, a compliment of: me, my younger brother, my older sister, and my twin cousins (1 year older than me) all living with them in a small 2 bedroom/1 bath house. Later they had me and my brother and then, later still, just me living with them when I returned for a stint at 17-18 years old. Saints. Definitely saints.

I hope I don't offend when I say, "I hope your fertility blessing fails!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Thrak said:

Having just spent 3 days with a 3three and a half year old I can say with conviction that "doing it all over again" would definitely be "an experience" but not one I would be likely to survive. How did we do it? It takes so much energy! I guess this is why rearing children is (ideally anyway) left to the young. It boggles me that my grandparents had, at one time, a compliment of: me, my younger brother, my older sister, and my twin cousins (1 year older than me) all living with them in a small 2 bedroom/1 bath house. Later they had me and my brother and then, later still, just me living with them when I returned for a stint at 17-18 years old. Saints. Definitely saints.

I hope I don't offend when I say, "I hope your fertility blessing fails!"

They are a test for  sure have two Grands that are a handful ! Could never do it now  🙂 Although they are more into slapping the crap out of each other! Called my son from the backyard one day alarmed ! He said Mom they do this every day lol Although they choose to stay in the same bedroom but could have their own rooms. Nothing like a sibling lol 🙂 6 and 8

Edited by Reader0108598

Our weather has not been traditional July weather--cooler and definitely wetter than usual.  The Boston TV weathercasters have said we are at the 3rd highest amount of rainfall in July ever recorded, and the month is not even 1/2 over yet!  It's crazy on the East Coast with all the rain and flooding, when the poor folks out West have endured such awful heat with droughts and fires in many spots.

Sure hoping the weather improves as we're taking a mini-cruise, of sorts, the end of this week on a schooner out of Maine.  We'll be sailing out of Rockland, ME and roughing it in a tiny cabin, but looking forward to being out on the water for 4 days.  The ship only holds about 22 people and very casual -- NO dress code, which makes DH very happy.    Meals included, with wine & cheese in the evening.  Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

Our weather has not been traditional July weather--cooler and definitely wetter than usual.  The Boston TV weathercasters have said we are at the 3rd highest amount of rainfall in July ever recorded, and the month is not even 1/2 over yet!  It's crazy on the East Coast with all the rain and flooding, when the poor folks out West have endured such awful heat with droughts and fires in many spots.

Sure hoping the weather improves as we're taking a mini-cruise, of sorts, the end of this week on a schooner out of Maine.  We'll be sailing out of Rockland, ME and roughing it in a tiny cabin, but looking forward to being out on the water for 4 days.  The ship only holds about 22 people and very casual -- NO dress code, which makes DH very happy.    Meals included, with wine & cheese in the evening.  Looking forward to it.

Also in Mass but in a part Boston Politicians do not know! Just waving Hello 🙂 I worked for the state, campus police officer 24 years had more than one tell me we were in the boondocks no wonder we get nothing here! lol Have a great time on your trip!  Masshole lol

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

Also in Mass but in a part Boston Politicians do not know! Just waving Hello 🙂 I worked for the state, campus police officer 24 years had more than one tell me we were in the boondocks no wonder we get nothing here! lol Have a great time on your trip!  Masshole lol

lol...thanks! 👍

• Like 1

Meant to have left on our road tip today but this thing called work well for hubby has needed us to postpone. Well at least it should be a little warmer during the nights. 

We’ll head off from Brisbane head down towards the NSW boarder visiting places like Nindigully and St George travel across to Birdsville up to Mt Isa and hook it across Qld to the coast, then make our way down the coast back to Brisbane. We’ll be camping and visiting lots of places throughout outback Qld ...... can’t wait to explore and see this beautiful country we call home. Can see so much without leaving our State 😀.

• Like 3

On 7/15/2021 at 6:10 AM, Loki S said:

Meant to have left on our road tip today but this thing called work well for hubby has needed us to postpone. Well at least it should be a little warmer during the nights. 

We’ll head off from Brisbane head down towards the NSW boarder visiting places like Nindigully and St George travel across to Birdsville up to Mt Isa and hook it across Qld to the coast, then make our way down the coast back to Brisbane. We’ll be camping and visiting lots of places throughout outback Qld ...... can’t wait to explore and see this beautiful country we call home. Can see so much without leaving our State 😀.

I have always had your country on my bucket list since my younger days when I was in London on vacation and got associated with a group of your fellow countrymen and women. Someday maybe.

Good news is today was my halfway mark in my radiation treatments for prostate cancer. So far the only side effects are tiredness and having to go to the loo often. 

This weekend is going to be grandkids weekend, we will have up to 5 of them staying up to a couple of overnights. I enjoy the overnights as I get waffles for breakfast! 

It is as hot as Satan's undershorts here in South Jersey but nothing as bad as on the West Coast,

Everyone have a great weekend!!!!!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

I have always had your country on my bucket list since my younger days when I was in London on vacation and got associated with a group of your fellow countrymen and women. Someday maybe.

Good news is today was my halfway mark in my radiation treatments for prostate cancer. So far the only side effects are tiredness and having to go to the loo often. 

This weekend is going to be grandkids weekend, we will have up to 5 of them staying up to a couple of overnights. I enjoy the overnights as I get waffles for breakfast! 

It is as hot as Satan's undershorts here in South Jersey but nothing as bad as on the West Coast,

Have fun we are in Mass and have the heat also so the AC is already on 🙂

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

God Speed and God Bless. Be well soon

• Like 2

Got a house/kitty sitter name from my hair stylist and will have her over to the house tomorrow for a meet and greet.  No travel plans yet but if she works out we can drive to New Mexico for a few days to see Phil’s family, which would make a nice test run with her.   Yayyyyy!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LoriPhil said:

Got a house/kitty sitter name from my hair stylist and will have her over to the house tomorrow for a meet and greet.  No travel plans yet but if she works out we can drive to New Mexico for a few days to see Phil’s family, which would make a nice test run with her.   Yayyyyy!  

This is hard to believe - we just had a meet and greet with a new house/cat sitter here in Oregon.  She works at the salon my wife gets her hair done at. What a coincidence

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

This is hard to believe - we just had a meet and greet with a new house/cat sitter here in Oregon.  She works at the salon my wife gets her hair done at. What a coincidence

Insert Twilight Zone theme....🎵😂

• Haha 1

A little funny! so reading a post from my town I thought it said celeberty  will be ready tomorrow! All excited until I reread it he said Celery we have a Farmers Market on Thursday 🙂 Still cracking myself up but need to be quiet already woke hubby once lol Hey I am retired got to have some fun 🙂

Gigi!

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, it’s our last night in Hawaii. We enjoyed two wonderful weeks with the young adult offspring on the Big Island, as well as a week here on Kauai. That was the adventurous part of the trip. We sent the offspring back to California last Thursday, then had a week on our own, truly relaxing. 
We had dinner at Gaylord’s tonight, and it was amazing! 
We just topped off the tank in the rental car, and are headed back to the resort. I’m glad we are already mostly packed. We have pre-ordered breakfast, and asked the valet to have our car nearby. I think we are as prepared as we can be. 
I’m not quite ready to return to the real world, but return we must. 
I have a very busy week as soon as I get back, and moderately busy weeks after that. 

Aloha, Princess Friends! 

• Like 2

Wow Memoak - I hope our session is as good as yours!  It will be weird having a new person in the house.   I’m guessing our fuzzy scaredy-cat will be hiding after hearing a strange voice but hey, we have the cat box, her feeding station and loads of fur around the house to prove we really have a cat that will need care.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LoriPhil said:

Wow Memoak - I hope our session is as good as yours!  It will be weird having a new person in the house.   I’m guessing our fuzzy scaredy-cat will be hiding after hearing a strange voice but hey, we have the cat box, her feeding station and loads of fur around the house to prove we really have a cat that will need care.  Fingers crossed!

My cat has had at least 3 different house/cat sitters in the past and has always adapted well.  Of course that may have something to do with the ***** pill he gets everyday.  When we are gone for 2-3 weeks at a time he will usually ignore us for a day or two after to punish us

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, memoak said:

My cat has had at least 3 different house/cat sitters in the past and has always adapted well.  Of course that may have something to do with the ***** pill he gets everyday.  When we are gone for 2-3 weeks at a time he will usually ignore us for a day or two after to punish us

Hufflepug is like that. She acts really happy to see us at first, then blows us off for a couple of days. Gryffindog is just happy we are home, and enjoys getting laps all to herself while Huffy is in her mood. 
Since we were in the RV for six weeks, then only home for around ten days before leaving for another four weeks, it’s anyone’s guess how much Huffy will think we need to be punished. 

• Haha 1

If you go to Explore.org and click the Bears/Brooks Falls Brown Bears tab, it’s  livestreaming bears in Katmai National Park snagging salmon in the river.   The camera is rotated periodically showing the fisher-bears a bit farther down river.  Wonderful!  Now I’m hungry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2