From disappointment back to excitement!

So our May 10th Oasis cruise was obviously cancelled just now and we rebooked Sept. 6th on Oasis. Talk about going from disappointment back to excitement. Out TA really did an incredible job. I emailed him what we wanted to do and in minutes he said he looked and there was only one cabin left so he booked it for us. Like it was within minutes. We wanted to try a Central Park balcony even though people have mixed feelings about them. We just wanted to try it and we got an insane price. Very happy again, something to look forward to. Please Lord no hurricanes!

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

Nice...... im just not there yet. Waiting to see what happens.

I hear ya, but I think cruises will resume in mid May or early June. Slowly at first. The Caribbean will open first.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bowler15547 said:

Took our 4/13 on Serenade and turned it into the 6/7 Oasis and 7/29 Adventure. Basically two for the price of one. Turned disappointment into excitement as well.

Awesome! Always a bright side right. Now lets get cruises going in mid May or early June.

Our Oasis cruise was cancelled (April 12) and have been looking at other cruises and found one for May 30th. Those of you that don't think cruising will start up again any time in May or June, if we booked that May 30th cruise, wouldn't they just extend another 125% certificate and you'd rebook again? Just wondering. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mitsugirly said:

Our Oasis cruise was cancelled (April 12) and have been looking at other cruises and found one for May 30th. Those of you that don't think cruising will start up again any time in May or June, if we booked that May 30th cruise, wouldn't they just extend another 125% certificate and you'd rebook again? Just wondering. 

I did the same thing....only I went from the NCL Escape that was supposed to sail this weekend (and they won’t refund for 90 days) to the Oasis sailing 5/31, which I feel really good about given Royal’s announcement to resume sailings in the Caribbean/Bahamas in mid-May.

2 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

They wouldn’t take the first 125% certificate and add another 25% on that...they’d simply take the 125% certificate and maybe extend the expiration date at best.

In my case, I used a “Hurricane Dorian” FCC to purchase a portion of a cruise RCCL cancelled in the first round of cancellations....it’s been 10 days since I filed the refund request from the cancellation notification and I still haven’t heard a peep out of RCCL on the status of my requested cash refund or extension of my old FCC.

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

I did the same thing....only I went from the NCL Escape that was supposed to sail this weekend (and they won’t refund for 90 days) to the Oasis sailing 5/31, which I feel really good about given Royal’s announcement to resume sailings in the Caribbean/Bahamas in mid-May.

We were looking at that cruise too and another one. I hope you get to take your cruise graphicguy! Fingers crossed for the both of us. 

9 minutes ago, Boatsie said:

They wouldn’t take the first 125% certificate and add another 25% on that...they’d simply take the 125% certificate and maybe extend the expiration date at best.

In my case, I used a “Hurricane Dorian” FCC to purchase a portion of a cruise RCCL cancelled in the first round of cancellations....it’s been 10 days since I filed the refund request from the cancellation notification and I still haven’t heard a peep out of RCCL on the status of my requested cash refund or extension of my old FCC.

I didn't say anything about adding another 25% ??  I'm asking if we used the 125% certificate to pay for a different cruise, since ours was cancelled by RC, and then if they extended the time again (which is now mid-May at this point but IF they extend that date again and cancelled the cruise booked to replace our April 12th cruise) to a later date, then would they just reissue another 125% certificate?

• Like 1

I just booked Harmony for 5/31 out of our local port.  We had to cancel much planned for 3 week trip to Hawaii mid May to June, with plenty of cancellation frees paid.  This cruise is a replacement.  

Of course I know this cruise could also be canceled...but with no hotels or flights needing to be booked, and refund if canceled...figured what the heck.  Good choice or bad?....still nice to be excited again and trying to stay positive hoping our cruising lives can begin again.  😉 

• Like 1

So our May 10th Oasis cruise was obviously cancelled just now and we rebooked Sept. 6th on Oasis. Talk about going from disappointment back to excitement. Out TA really did an incredible job. I emailed him what we wanted to do and in minutes he said he looked and there was only one cabin left so he booked it for us. Like it was within minutes. We wanted to try a Central Park balcony even though people have mixed feelings about them. We just wanted to try it and we got an insane price. Very happy again, something to look forward to. Please Lord no hurricanes!

Congratulations!! So happy for you !! We had our Mariner of the Seas cancelled and rebooked for next September. We currently have an August cruise to Alaska . Praying that one doesn’t get cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kuddles14 said:

Congratulations!! So happy for you !! We had our Mariner of the Seas cancelled and rebooked for next September. We currently have an August cruise to Alaska . Praying that one doesn’t get cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you, I think your cruise will go off without a problem. I say by June cruises are gonna be up and running. 

How can you be sure that the cruise wont be cancelled? They may be postponing it every month and doing with your money whatever they like. Next day they go bankrupt and you are left with nothing but a virtual credit. Why taking a risk? Get your money back and plan your next trip wherever you like. Or wait till next cruise and just purchase it again

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

How can you be sure that the cruise wont be cancelled? They may be postponing it every month and doing with your money whatever they like. Next day they go bankrupt and you are left with nothing but a virtual credit. Why taking a risk? Get your money back and plan your next trip wherever you like. Or wait till next cruise and just purchase it again

Why be so negative?? The cruises are going to come back.  I have 18 booked, just booked 2 more yesterday.  Not worried in the least - but I am a positive person and always look at the glass 1/2 full!!  Cannot wait to get on another cruise ship and resume our cruising life!!

• Like 3

Just now, karena1 said:

Why be so negative?? The cruises are going to come back.  I have 18 booked, just booked 2 more yesterday.  Not worried in the least - but I am a positive person and always look at the glass 1/2 full!!  Cannot wait to get on another cruise ship and resume our cruising life!!

😘

3 hours ago, karena1 said:

Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hobby3333 said:

Just read where Carnival CEO gave the impression that Carnival will not sail for rest of the year

Rather harsh, even if they decided that they would continue to do the month to month thing or would have 9 months of refunds and rescheduling to handle all at once.

On 3/25/2020 at 3:38 PM, mitsugirly said:

I didn't say anything about adding another 25% ??  I'm asking if we used the 125% certificate to pay for a different cruise, since ours was cancelled by RC, and then if they extended the time again (which is now mid-May at this point but IF they extend that date again and cancelled the cruise booked to replace our April 12th cruise) to a later date, then would they just reissue another 125% certificate?

I think that’s the way it is supposed to work...i’ve done that (using an FCC towards purchase of my present cancelled cruise) and still waiting on reissue of that FCC with an extended expiration date.  I have $2200 in FCC hanging in limbo at the moment—people considering taking them up on the FCCs they’re offering shouldn’t assume they are as good as the cash amount shown on the certificate.

I’ve heard there is currently some confusion at RCCL of handling these FCCs to book new cruises (depending on who at RCCL you call), they’re making you put a cash deposit down on new cruise before applying the 125% FCC, even though they rolled your original cash deposit into the 125% FCC.  It’s screwed up and confusing for those wanting new trips.  However, I don’t think it’s an issue if you use your FCC to pay off a future cruise you’ve already got booked.

Add to that the issue that they’re supposed to refund the cash value of taxes & port fees from the cancelled cruise to your credit card fairly quickly (before calculating the 125% FCC)....i’m still waiting to see that come back to my card too.

As they continue to slowly drag this thing out and cancel cruises bit-by-bit, and more cruises are cancelled, the FCC situation will get more & more complicated as they issue, reissue & re-reissue these things.  FCCs might be a good idea for people applying them to an already-booked cruise with a time horizon in mid-to-late 2021, otherwise, it’s like playing a game of whack-a-mole picking cruises that may or may not be sailing.

Edited by Boatsie

14 hours ago, island lady said:

I just booked Harmony for 5/31 out of our local port.  We had to cancel much planned for 3 week trip to Hawaii mid May to June, with plenty of cancellation frees paid.  This cruise is a replacement.  

Of course I know this cruise could also be canceled...but with no hotels or flights needing to be booked, and refund if canceled...figured what the heck.  Good choice or bad?....still nice to be excited again and trying to stay positive hoping our cruising lives can begin again.  😉 

We booked same cruise! Crazy good prices. Cancelled our 5/29 UK sailing and booked this in hopes that the Caribbean will reopen first, as someone above also posted. 

9 hours ago, SarahD112 said:

We booked same cruise! Crazy good prices. Cancelled our 5/29 UK sailing and booked this in hopes that the Caribbean will reopen first, as someone above also posted. 

I didn't find the pricing to be all that low...but booked anyway.  Hoping we can finally get back to cruising life!  And hoping to "sea" you on board.  🙂 

• Haha 1