20% Off Deal

JamieLogical

For those of us who received FCC for canceled cruises, they are running a "deal" for 20% off on sailings July 2020 through December 2022 "when you use your future cruise credit." Does anyone know if you actually have to APPLY your future cruise credit towards payment at the time of booking or if you can just book with a normal deposit or CruiseNext and can hold off on actually applying the FCC until final payment?

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

For those of us who received FCC for canceled cruises, they are running a "deal" for 20% off on sailings July 2020 through December 2022 "when you use your future cruise credit." Does anyone know if you actually have to APPLY your future cruise credit towards payment at the time of booking or if you can just book with a normal deposit or CruiseNext and can hold off on actually applying the FCC until final payment?

Hopefully they will still be in business since the cruise industry isn't included in the Stimulus Package.

I rec'd the same offer this morning.  I have a few questions about it as well.  I doubt that this horrid virus will be completely eradicated before my 2  cruises next April, (I'd need an exception made since my final date to use it March 16th 2021) nor do I believe they will have developed and manufactured a vaccine for this horrid virus, so, how can I be comfortable enough to book and pay for a cruise before middle of next year? I hope I'm wrong but....

So, what happens if we do use the FCC and that cruise gets cancelled as well? Do we keep the FCC or lose it?

I know, talk about negative nellie but, this is a serious illness and seems to be getting worse all the time.  

14 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

So, what happens if we do use the FCC and that cruise gets cancelled as well? Do we keep the FCC or lose it?

Well, I had used some previously received FCC to book the cruise I was supposed to be on this week. I still have not seen *that* FCC credited back to my account after the cancellation. I first emailed my PCC about it last week and then I called her and talked to her on the phone about it Monday. She allegedly sent it up the chain, but I still haven't heard back. So now you know exactly why I am reluctant to apply this new FCC to any cruise that still might get canceled!

• Like 1

Yeah, exactly. I also think, limiting the use of the FCC to only 1 year is an insult and could easily have been extended to the end of 2021, at the very least.  I think I'll probably be "eating" the 3K that I rec'd in the form of an FCC since I cancelled the cruise before NCL did.  My bad, oh well, live n learn. 

4 minutes ago, adam_s_allen said:

So I just did a mock booking logged into my account and one not logged into my account. The 20% off only applies to guest 1 and it's only off of the base fare. What a crap deal.

It will apply to the other guests if those guests also have FCC on their accounts. I got to the point where I added my SO's latitude's info and after that screen, it showed the 20% off for him as well.

• Like 3

Yesterday I booked the Breakaway out of NOLA for March 2021using FCC.  It worked well.  They took the original cruise fare (before any current promotions) and first deducted the extra 25% FCC for both my wife and I (wife's was slightly less), then subtotaled and deducted the current 30% promotion they are running for anyone, along with the additional 20% discount that cancelled cruisers get if they book before April 10, subtotal, then add any taxes, fees, promo gratuities, and that becomes the gross fare.  Then subtract the 100% portion of the FCC.  We had a little less than $500 of FCC left over.  I used some to prepay gratuities, and for the unlimited streaming internet.  Still have plenty leftover.  We booked the exact same cruise, the same week, but next year.  Same Spa Mini-suite (actually got the exact same cabin #, but it is on the Breakaway instead of the Getaway.

The deal isn't perfect, but its reasonably close to fair.  Stuff happens, and you have to roll with it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Yeah, exactly. I also think, limiting the use of the FCC to only 1 year is an insult and could easily have been extended to the end of 2021, at the very least.  I think I'll probably be "eating" the 3K that I rec'd in the form of an FCC since I cancelled the cruise before NCL did.  My bad, oh well, live n learn. 

Please correct me but the FCC itself must be used before Dec 2022 you just need to make the reservation before the end of 2021..

• Like 3

Just now, phillyguy31 said:

Please correct me but the FCC itself must be used before Dec 2022 you just need to make the reservation before the end of 2021..

My FCC on my account states I must use it prior to 1year from  the date I cancelled, so, Mar. 16th 2021, not Dec. 2022. 

I think you are looking at when the booking needs to be made......

"Peace of Mind is the company’s new temporary policy that allows new and existing individual and group bookings in non-chartered sailings embarking from March 10, 2020 through and including September 30, 2020 to cancel their booking up until 48 hours from the start of their vacation date and receive a 100% future cruise credit (FCC) for the payments that are already received by Norwegian Cruise Line. The FCC may be used for sailings that embark on or before December 31, 2022. The new booking must be made within one year of the cancellation date."

My Future Cruise Credit states this: Your Peace of Mind Future Cruise Credit
3/16/2020 - 3/16/2021

I posted this yesterday: There is a pop up next to this title:  Coupons can be applied to new reservations by selecting My Coupons and Credits as your payment type on the Cruise payment page. Coupons must be used in full and cannot be redeemed for less than their full value. 

So, it appears I won't be able to use the coupon to pay for my B2B already booked for Apr. 2021... sucks.  Need to rethink  this whole thing now. 

I actually tried to apply the FCC to a new booking next april and it wouldn't allow it. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

It will apply to the other guests if those guests also have FCC on their accounts. I got to the point where I added my SO's latitude's info and after that screen, it showed the 20% off for him as well.

I’m trying to add another person who has FCC in their account but when I add them as a second guest it doesn’t add their FCC. What am I doing wrong?

19 minutes ago, dumpnchase said:

I’m trying to add another person who has FCC in their account but when I add them as a second guest it doesn’t add their FCC. What am I doing wrong?

I'm not sure. Do you have their Latitudes number?

20 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Keep in mind that you can use that 20% bonus that expires next month over and over. I have now applied it to 5 cruises. 😲

Steve

18 hours ago, hamrag said:

Presumably you mean to the extent that FCC is used on these 5 sailings e.g. you get 10,000 FCC and you have 5 cruises at 2,000 each....or 4 at 2,499 each, therefore the 5th one with only 4 FCC left still gets the 20% on full cost of that cruise, is that what you mean?

17 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

No,

I used 85% of FCC on 3 cruises B2B2B. It was paid off then.

Last night I put 2 cruises on hold and today called and they repriced the 2 cruises B2B with the 20% off and I did NOT use my remaining FCC on it. I am saving that for another one I will book when they start sailing again.

There was no requirement to use my FCC on it. I just put the standard deposit on it.

Steve

Posting these quotes from the rollcall of our cancelled cruise, due to sail last week 22nd March.

Not sure if it adds much to this thread, but may be of interest to some!

4 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Posting these quotes from the rollcall of our cancelled cruise, due to sail last week 22nd March.

Not sure if it adds much to this thread, but may be of interest to some!

Thanks! That last post seems to answer my question. I didn't want to pay more than a deposit for a January sailing I am looking at booking, but do want to get the 20% off.

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Forgive my ignorance, but where during the booking flow do you actually enter the Latitudes numbers for other guests?  

12 minutes ago, CazualCruzer said:

Forgive my ignorance, but where during the booking flow do you actually enter the Latitudes numbers for other guests?  

Hmm, I just did it and it didn't give me the option... I already have my SO in there as a "past guest" so i had added him that way and it picked up his FCC. You may have to call in if it's not giving you the option online.

's 

I called and used $125 of my $1600 in FCC for the deposit of a newly booked cruise. I also canceled and rebooked 2 cruises to receive the 20% discount without using any FCC. My original deposit for those was just carried over. But the 20% discount shows on every cruise I’ve done a mock booking on. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Hmm, I just did it and it didn't give me the option... I already have my SO in there as a "past guest" so i had added him that way and it picked up his FCC. You may have to call in if it's not giving you the option online.

's 

Thank you!  My SO and kids are in my profile as past guests, too, but their credit just isn’t picking up. I will call in.  Thanks again. 

I just went back to see about the 20% - and it seems to be applied today on a mock booking which would lead me to believe that you can apply it to anything you book prior to April 10 (maybe only March 31 for some?), since it is the price that you see long before you get to the checkout.

But I did notice that it is calculating 20% off of the 30% discounted price, not 20% off of the base price, which is what I was led to believe.  Makes a significant difference.

• Like 1