Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

55 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Making the drive to Florida to a house we have rented.  It looks like we are part of a mass migration, with all the NY, PA, and OH plates.  At least it is a beautiful day for a drive. 

B275B84F-EEB2-430E-BDFA-56AA602AD0CD.thumb.jpeg.3477e737a4ff3b7b13dc077c068ca324.jpeg

Looks like we still have a ways to go.  

Went to Publix today for a couple of last minute items. Many out of state license plates around, even saw 2 from Quebec. Definitely lots of people have travelled to South Florida for the holidays.

5 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I don’t mean to belittle anyone, but the idea of Denny’s and good food is kind of strange to me.  

I know but my Brit relatives can't wait to go when they visit. Even buy the coffee mugs!!!

Edited by Sea Viewer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Went to Publix today for a couple of last minute items. Many out of state license plates around, even saw 2 from Quebec. Definitely lots of people have travelled to South Florida for the holidays.

And now watch our Covid numbers go up.  😮😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I don’t mean to belittle anyone, but the idea of Denny’s and good food is kind of strange to me.  

We only went to Denny's for breakfast.

I always get the philysteak omelette and Pauline got the 

Fit Fare Veggie Skillet.

Longhorn steakhouse was always our night time eating venue.

The Porterhouse steak was my favourite.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I'm settling in with Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware. Can't turn the pages fast enough.

As an avid reader, I'm always "on the market" for new authors/titles (especially thrillers and mysteries), so I've immediately check this new one (for me) out, and it gets rave reviews on Amazon. Thanks.

I've made a note. Right now I'm "binging" in  David Baldacci's series "Will Robie" 😁

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

I know but my Brit relatives can't wait to go when they visit. Even buy the coffee mugs!!!

With the luggage allowance on the plane back to England Pauline buys around 10 dresses from Dress Barn or Ross plus we both buy lots of Ralph Lauren gear in the outlets so no room for a Denny's coffee mug.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

How did Quebec get past the border?

I thought the same also.  We have Canadians (next door neighbors as well) that have seasonal homes here.  They are unable to come down for the season due to not being able to cross the border, since they indeed drive down.  

Their house is starting to get in disarray...we are doing our best to keep the weeds trimmed.  

Maybe the car they saw never left from last year?  

Edited by island lady

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

With the luggage allowance on the plane back to England Pauline buys around 10 dresses from Dress Barn or Ross plus we both buy lots of Ralph Lauren gear in the outlets so no room for a Denny's coffee mug.

Graham.

Last year we were on a TA to Amsterdam. We met 2 gals from Amsterdam who said that ever year they come to south Florida to buy clothes since they are so much cheaper here, and take a cruise home so the don't have to worry about excess luggage weight..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

.... and I imagine the price is not 150-200$ per pound... I've just seen on TV a Kobe steak priced at 1500$ (ONE steak...).

I would never pay 1500$ for any steak.     I have had a Kobe steak as well as a couple of Kobe burgers and quite honestly I wasn't impressed.     I have had better meat, IMO.     

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

As an avid reader, I'm always "on the market" for new authors/titles (especially thrillers and mysteries), so I've immediately check this new one (for me) out, and it gets rave reviews on Amazon. Thanks.

I've made a note. Right now I'm "binging" in  David Baldacci's series "Will Robie" 😁

Love Will Robie. Well, anything Baldacci. Hope you like the Key. 

7 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Last year we were on a TA to Amsterdam. We met 2 gals from Amsterdam who said that ever year they come to south Florida to buy clothes since they are so much cheaper here, and take a cruise home so the don't have to worry about excess luggage weight..

Good idea.

They are much cheaper in Orlando than the UK plus certain items are not available in the UK.

40 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

How did Quebec get past the border?

I don't know, but I've seen several on the roads this week. I've been driving my husband to doctor appointments so I've been out more than usual and noticed the plates. My next door neighbor  is a partial year resident from Quebec (originally from Israel) and is now selling. They flew down last month to set up the condo for sale and were driving their car (that had FL tags and was here year round) back. They said they were going to quarantine when they got to Canada. I will miss them as they were great neighbors.

Edited by Sea Viewer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Today is a pajammies day all day. Started nice, turned to rain. Temps dropped, started to sleet. Sideways snow now, and temps anticipated to be below zero soon. I'm settling in with Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware. Can't turn the pages fast enough.

I love when I can do pajamies all day.    I definitely will do that New Years Day!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

They bring me 2 bottles of rhubarb ginger gin so they do have some "free" weight to use!!

43 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We only went to Denny's for breakfast.

I always get the philysteak omelette and Pauline got the 

Fit Fare Veggie Skillet.

Longhorn steakhouse was always our night time eating venue.

The Porterhouse steak was my favourite.

Longhorn is one of our favorites too.    Haven't been there all year, used to meet my Brother there a couple times a year.   

I'm excited to see him and his Wife on Saturday for our Garage Christmas!    I am decorating the garage this week with a table top Christmas tree, blow up Santa and lighted reindeer with some lighted garland and we will space out chairs and exchange presents and finally get to visit,   I haven't seen them since February.    She has to work the ICU on Christmas Day.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

They bring me 2 bottles of rhubarb ginger gin so they do have some "free" weight to use!!

That's nice of them.

We don't drink spirits or smoke so we have more room for clothes and shoes etc which we have bought.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Longhorn is one of our favorites too.    Haven't been there all year, used to meet my Brother there a couple times a year.   

I'm excited to see him and his Wife on Saturday for our Garage Christmas!    I am decorating the garage this week with a table top Christmas tree, blow up Santa and lighted reindeer with some lighted garland and we will space out chairs and exchange presents and finally get to visit,   I haven't seen them since February.    She has to work the ICU on Christmas Day.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a lovely garage Christmas with your brother and his wife on Saturday.

Graham.

18 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Love Will Robie. Well, anything Baldacci. Hope you like the Key. 

I, too, will have to check out Turn the Key - sounds very intriguing.    

I finished the Will Robie series on my last cruise this year and this summer I started the Amos Decker series.      Reading the last book of the series now,  The Redemption.     I asked for several James Patterson books for Christmas.      We'll see what Santa brings.

• Like 1