Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

23 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

You mentioned a daughter who worked for a radio station.My oldest daughter worked for a cable tv show back in the 90’s.

We seem to have a lot in common, Lenny!

22 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Speaking of close accidents… June 2019 we were in Kentucky on our way to a wedding in Ohio.  Don’t remember the highway(I think I-71) but after topping a hill we were heading down a long hill when suddenly everyone in front of us started hitting their breaks.  My wife was driving.  I remember her looking in the rear view mirror and saying we are going to get hit. Being in the right lane she swerved onto the right shoulder with others.  The SUV directly in front of us and the semi truck behind us served to the left.  The only thing the wife saw when looking in the rear view mirror was the grill of the truck. 

IF I am able to post the picture, we were between the SUV and truck before we went to the right.

IMG_1963.JPG

IMG_1938.JPG

There but for the grace of God go I.....the angels were watching over you that day.

21 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Wave pool.  And the Diamond Lounge was open tonight.  Cosmos for me!!,

Sounds like an awesome cruise!!!!

21 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Nowadays, the service fee for the privilege of buying a ticket is easily twice that.

Ain't that the truth!  Unfortunately.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Well worth the long drive.

Also here Maine Coons are in short supply.

I've posted this pic a few months ago, and I'm constantly going back to it.... This friend has a Dog de Bordeaux and a Big Dane.... a whole "menagerie" in a big house.

Just yesterday my friend posted a pic of his youngest daughter with her 2 Maine Coons. He has 10 cats and 3 dogs....

Maine Coon.jpg

Such a cute picture.  I love the look on the one to the right.  This will give us 5 cats and 2 dogs.  When we moved here we had 7 cats but 3 are gone now.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, George C said:

Long drive to get a kitten, but extremely cute , so much fun having kittens in the house 

When we lived in Texas it was a 12 hour drive to visit my son so this does not seem that far.  I actually like to drive and this will be a route I have not taken before so new scenery.  Kittens are fun.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Yes.  She won't be ready until September 11th and the earliest I can get there is the 17th.  The kitten is in Texas and we are in Florida.  It is about a 9 hour drive so I will drive over on the 16th and pick her up on the 17th.  She is super cute and I have been trying to get a Maine Coon for quite awhile.  Like houses they are in short supply.

I once owned a Main Coon, named Jasmine, he was such a sweet boy.   I got him as a kitty about 8 or 10 weeks old and had him for about 16 yrs.     Loved his beautiful markings and his tail.     He loved to show it off too.     

Cannot wait to see more pictures of this cutie.😺

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Well worth the long drive.

Also here Maine Coons are in short supply.

I've posted this pic a few months ago, and I'm constantly going back to it.... This friend has a Dog de Bordeaux and a Big Dane.... a whole "menagerie" in a big house.

Just yesterday my friend posted a pic of his youngest daughter with her 2 Maine Coons. He has 10 cats and 3 dogs....

Maine Coon.jpg

Beautiful girl and cats!

10 cats and 2 dogs - that is way too much poop to scoop for me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, island lady said:

Nice job Momma!  Your raised a smart and savy girl!!  Congrats!  🙂 

Thank you, Pat!

9 hours ago, island lady said:

Bucky's ex lives in Corning.  Beware that area of low flying brooms.  😄  We avoid at all costs.  😉 

I don't blame you!  lol!

7 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Further wrinkle is he was not told until

after the test the time of his surgery.  So as he’s on his way home from Athens he calls to tell me he needs to be at the surgical center at 5:45 am Tuesday morning.  😡😴😳  Hmm.  We’d have to get up at 3 am or so to be there on time.  What kind of doctor can even perform surgery at that hour?!?!

All went well…but glad this was his last cataract surgery!!

Sounds like a Royal PIA!!  Thankfully all went well!  

I was thrilled to no longer have to wear glasses after my cataract surgeries..

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We seem to have a lot in common, Lenny!

There but for the grace of God go I.....the angels were watching over you that day.

Sounds like an awesome cruise!!!!

Ain't that the truth!  Unfortunately.....

The more I “talk” to people on CC the more I find that we have in common.

There is a guy who posts on CC who has the same first name as me.We both live in LI.Through the course of conversation I found out that we both lived in the same part of Brooklyn after getting married.Through further communication I found out that we know several of the same people.

Just from the people who post on this thread,Bonnie went to a Staten Island Day camp for 10 years and I worked at the camp during one of those years.My wife and I met for the first time at Clove Lake Park where you and Marietta went .

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

What is that small boat trying to do by those rocks?

Not sure. I assume fishing?  I wasn’t focused on the guys in the boats

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Your travels and photos remind me of when my wife and I did a cross country trip stopping in 43 US cities and a cross country trip in Canada .

Impressive. That’s a lot of driving.  Between the kids school schedule and my wife & I having to work, we are limited on how long we can be gone. The most we have ever driven is from CA to South Dakota to see Mt. Rushmore and Badlands.

Maybe someday when I retire we will make a cross country road trip to the East coast.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, harryfat1 said:

Not sure. I assume fishing?  I wasn’t focused on the guys in the boats

Impressive. That’s a lot of driving.  Between the kids school schedule and my wife & I having to work, we are limited on how long we can be gone. The most we have ever driven is from CA to South Dakota to see Mt. Rushmore and Badlands.

Maybe someday when I retire we will make a cross country road trip to the East coast.

Our US cross country was with Greyhound when we were relatively young.Our Canada cross country was over a course of 4 weeks with our then 2 year old daughter.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sgmn said:

@harryfat1your pictures and the scenery are stunning. America has so many beautiful areas, I can't wait till we can visit again

Thanks for the compliment.  These are sample pictures from many years of travel.  Pre Covid, annually we would typically do one road trip driving to various parts of western US.  Then pair that with either a cruise or a Disney (land or World) trip.  So throughout the years, we have visited many big name sites.

I still have some South Dakota and Wyoming photos I didn’t post.  Too many pictures from all these years.

My wife has preference for rocks over trees but I would be remiss if I didn’t at least post some tree pictures that California is known for in the upper northwest part of the state.

IMG_2996_hq.thumb.JPG.7231e7a757f9de38e4c85eb7a5a20abb.JPG

IMG_3212_hq.thumb.jpg.2928188a1f0d31e1b6adb31053fae9c2.jpg

There's a stretch of the road called "Avenue of the Giants" where you see tall red woods along side of the road.  Just pull over anywhere and venture into the woods to explore

IMG_3107_hq.thumb.jpg.fe98a74c7ae633be9bba6824d49b2498.jpg

Numerous hiking trails

IMG_3047_hq.thumb.jpg.bfc0c845c61c73c94592d6f27a04397d.jpg

Tree fell over and this is the roots after many year on the side

IMG_3945_hq.thumb.JPG.6eb0b123fb05664cf90971965ae821ff.JPG

Here's the side view - can't even see the other end

P1080842_hq.thumb.JPG.b162cc5f79faefd9e12f80513891dd7c.JPG

They estimate this tree to be around 1,000 years old

IMG_3857_hq.thumb.JPG.8d4aef6605653bb86baf733edbff67c7.JPG

California Coast near Oregon border

743039405_IMG_3206(2)_hq.thumb.JPG.e72f32f6c41d2e8cb7b64038c54637a5.JPG

IMG_3777_hq.thumb.JPG.9e86ea2ce9e2da31d0a7d867b1d2ec7b.JPG

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

She is the one I was referring to....

Beside, my cousin in Germany had a black lab, and he went grey around his nose and mouth when he grew older. He lived to 16.

I like gray faces on dogs