Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

@Sunshine3601

Debbie,

I wonder if you noticed that our Jan 9 sailing of the Anthem has been pulled out from Royal's website. I noticed it two days ago. It had been showing Balconies and OVs sold out for a couple of weeks.
Jan 20 also pulled out.

Wonder if they really reached capacity or are raising prices for a Black Friday sale.🤔

No I did not notice.   I'm going to guess they reached capacity since they added a bunch of cabins for sale in october and they sold pretty quick.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Not sure how often I will be able to check in with these trips we have planned, and seems if I miss a day or two...I am already behind on 10 pages or more! 😮

Will still try to pop in when I can though.  🙂  

I know it's going to be tough for me, also, once we're in Florida for the Winter;  busy, busy.  In a good way!😉

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Toby lived on Lee and Rodney till she was 12 when her parents decided to move to Coney Island birthplace of Arlo Guthrie.

We've always played Arlo Guthrie's song, "Alice's Restaurant" on Thanksgiving, ever since our daughters were babies.  It's been a tradition since forever for our daughters and grandchildren.❤️

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I tried to get appointments in our neighborhood pharmacy and was unsuccessful.  I then tried to make an appointment for my Shingrix shot and couldn't even access that on the CVS site.  So frustrating!!!  I just might wait until I get to Florida for both shots.

That sounds frustrating.  Here in Pa no appointments needed just walk into whatever pharmacy you want for any of the vaccines.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We've always played Arlo Guthrie's song, "Alice's Restaurant" on Thanksgiving, ever since our daughters were babies.  It's been a tradition since forever for our daughters and grandchildren.

I had the pleasure of attending an Arlo Guthrie concert at Akron Blossom Music Center.  At the time I wasn’t familiar with him but a drummer friend of mine talked me in to going.  Wasn’t hard to talk me into going to a concert.  It was a fun concert and a great place to see one.  It has a large outside pavilion to sit under and a hill behind it to sit under the stars.  We also attend a Pink Floyd concert there.  Totally different experiences, both a lot of fun.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Most of us are not on lockdown any longer..

Unless it is the Social Security Office.  I can’t believe they are still only open for telephone appointments.  And if you can actually get through to them, they are scheduling those for mid-January now.  

First 3 calls today, their system says everyone is busy, call back later.  Fourth time, I made it in the queue, but after 20 minutes it says everyone is busy, and it hangs up. Fifth time I actually get to speak to someone, and they say all appointments are filled, call back tomorrow. 

If anyone ran a business this way, they would no longer be in business.  

Ok, rant over for the day, and I just poured my second glass of wine.  And while looking online for something good, I found this. 

58591ED4-2052-4F79-B15D-B3A43BEFE862.thumb.jpeg.eb2a89f85f3235fff09e12dd6ed318f8.jpeg

Just my luck, they are sold out!!!  Oh well, I didn’t need the 7600 calories. 😂😂

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Unless it is the Social Security Office.  I can’t believe they are still only open for telephone appointments.  And if you can actually get through to them, they are scheduling those for mid-January now.  

First 3 calls today, their system says everyone is busy, call back later.  Fourth time, I made it in the queue, but after 20 minutes it says everyone is busy, and it hangs up. Fifth time I actually get to speak to someone, and they say all appointments are filled, call back tomorrow. 

If anyone ran a business this way, they would no longer be in business.  

Ok, rant over for the day, and I just poured my second glass of wine.  And while looking online for something good, I found this. 

58591ED4-2052-4F79-B15D-B3A43BEFE862.thumb.jpeg.eb2a89f85f3235fff09e12dd6ed318f8.jpeg

Just my luck, they are sold out!!!  Oh well, I didn’t need the 7600 calories. 😂😂

My son was just commenting on this just this morning.  He couldn't believe they only make 3K of them.  If I were them I would do another 10K.  

Imagine trying to cut it?  48 slices.  I can barely get the first piece of a normal slice of pie out in one piece.  This would be a hot mess. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That sounds frustrating.  Here in Pa no appointments needed just walk into whatever pharmacy you want for any of the vaccines.

It really is frustrating, Debbie!  CVS (here) insists the appointment has to be made online when I stopped in the store to ask.

49 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It has a large outside pavilion to sit under and a hill behind it to sit under the stars.  We also attend a Pink Floyd concert there.  Totally different experiences, both a lot of fun.

Here in New Jersey, we have a similar venue called the PNC Arts Center.  It used to be the Garden State Arts Center.  We saw Joe Cocker year ago, with seats under the pavilion near the stage, and another time we saw Rod Stewart while sitting on a blanket on the hill.  The skies opened up with lightening and pouring rain.  The show stopped until the lightening was over.  Then Rod took to the stage to continue.  His shows are amazing!  We've also seen him at Madison Square Garden.

46 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

A Mediterranean sunset from the beach 😁

_DSC4367.jpg

Wow, Dani!  Stunning picture!

39 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

That looks amazing!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

I just started thinking about our very popular long running thread...once again thank you Dani.  🙂 

But now realize the title probably does not apply much any longer.  

Most of us are not on lockdown any longer...which is a good thing...and happy to see that so many of us are out and about now.   Many of us either on a cruise or waiting to get on one.  Along with various other land trips.  

We are leaving again this weekend for a week near Orlando to spend with my sister and Bro in law for the Thanksgiving week.  Then have one day home to unpack and repack for our 2 week cruise on Harmony on the 28th.  As long as all goes well, we really ramp up the cruise time from then on.  

Not sure how often I will be able to check in with these trips we have planned, and seems if I miss a day or two...I am already behind on 10 pages or more! 😮

Will still try to pop in when I can though.  🙂  

Hope you have a fun and safe trip.  It’s always extra special to hang with family.  Please drop in even if to say hi.  Nice to know all is well.

• Like 4

In San Juan this afternoon,  on Allure. cruise is going great. Passenger count is approximately 3200. Most people are following guidelines but there are exceptions as always. Food has been good. Had dinner at 150 it was excellent. Will try to catch up with thread later this week.

Cruising is back!!

IMG_20211116_135735499.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

but there are exceptions as always.

And does the cruise line address this in any way?  This is what concerns me going forward with whatever vestiges of the pandemic wil remain. Money talks. After 9/11, airport security was probably super tight anywhere you went. Then, gradually, it slacked off. I can foresee that happening with cruising. Passengers see a few people without masking where they're supposed to and so feel, ok. I'll take mine off as well. Ultimately, what can the cruise lines do? Similar to not following a recommended formal night protocol, they can't throw someone over the side. At least (I assume anyway) that everyone on the ship is vaccinated - so that's a good thing. 

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

It really is frustrating, Debbie!  CVS (here) insists the appointment has to be made online when I stopped in the store to ask.

Here in New Jersey, we have a similar venue called the PNC Arts Center.  It used to be the Garden State Arts Center.  We saw Joe Cocker year ago, with seats under the pavilion near the stage, and another time we saw Rod Stewart while sitting on a blanket on the hill.  The skies opened up with lightening and pouring rain.  The show stopped until the lightening was over.  Then Rod took to the stage to continue.  His shows are amazing!  We've also seen him at Madison Square Garden.

Wow, Dani!  Stunning picture!

That looks amazing!!!!!

Saw Tim McGraw and Jason Aldean  at the Arts Center.  Great venue.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I know it's going to be tough for me, also, once we're in Florida for the Winter;  busy, busy.  In a good way!😉

We've always played Arlo Guthrie's song, "Alice's Restaurant" on Thanksgiving, ever since our daughters were babies.  It's been a tradition since forever for our daughters and grandchildren.❤️

I love that film.I have a VHS copy.

• Like 2

So a covid test / cruise-related question. In March (assuming covid testing will still be required), we are going out of Baltimore. If RCL requires a test two days before the cruise, how exactly is that accomplished if we're not home? We will be staying at the Inner harbor a few days before the cruise. I just hate the idea of all this hassle - was just reading someone's post on the Celebrity forum about preparing for an international cruise and trying to manage all the covid protocols for the various countries they will be visiting. I'm completely turned off by all of that. 

Can RCL mail a test to be done at home (or in a hotel) prior to the cruise? 

Edited by OnTheJourney

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

we would try and get tickets

Referring earlier to Joni, she's not in real good shape anymore following her brain aneurysm a few years ago. Love that video of her doing "Both Sides Now"...she was really pretty as well as talented. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I had the pleasure of attending an Arlo Guthrie concert at Akron Blossom Music Center.  At the time I wasn’t familiar with him but a drummer friend of mine talked me in to going.  Wasn’t hard to talk me into going to a concert.  It was a fun concert and a great place to see one.  It has a large outside pavilion to sit under and a hill behind it to sit under the stars.  We also attend a Pink Floyd concert there.  Totally different experiences, both a lot of fun.

Arlo was appearing at a concert in NY a few years ago for a $10 admission.In 2019 he was at a Woodstock 50th.reunion concert and was on stage with my friend Elliot .It is on you tube.

• Like 1