Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

36 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

None of those were listing Sunday / Monday.  The only way you could get any room was to book 4 nights when I was looking and I was looking hard.

Got to act fast, people book them fast..........People are continuing to list places even now. Prices are all over the place.

https://www.airbnb.com/s/French-Quarter--New-Orleans--Louisiana--United-States/homes?flexible_trip_lengths[]=weekend_trip&date_picker_type=calendar&query=French Quarter%2C New Orleans%2C Louisiana%2C United States&place_id=ChIJf5407BGmIIYROiKyvb07vZg&refinement_paths[]=%2Fhomes&tab_id=home_tab&checkin=2022-04-01&checkout=2022-04-05&source=structured_search_input_header&search_type=autocomplete_click

Think you would want(need) to book 4 nights, Fly in on Friday(Enjoy Bourbon Street),  Semifinals Saturday Night.........off day Sunday, ..Monday Night Championship game, fly home next morning Tuesday.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Wonderland is turning into a favorite of mine.  Did they have a madhatter roaming around the room. Symphony was the first time we tried it and there was a Madhatter.   There was no Madhatter on Harmony. 

Yes, Madhatter was roaming the room and we have seen him roaming around ship too!   

We both enjoyed many different appetizers, Cheshire Cat cosmo,  branzino, halibut and of course we had to get the world for desert as well as the mushroom garden thingy.  

Delicious and fun unique atmosphere.  We really enjoyed and Eric was very happy too!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent!!   I hope the 4 of you have a wonderful cruise with smooth sailing and beautiful weather.🥰

We have been very fortunate with such nice weather these past 2 weeks.   We have 2 sea days back to bayonne.  Tomorrow will be our last warm sunny day.   

Yes, it is difficult to watch people fuss over the stupid stuff.   Especially when there are much better options.   

We continue to be spoiled by the Head Waiter.   He told us to expect another surprise Friday night..   We did discreetly give him a nice tip last weekend.    

We ate at Wonderland for Eric's Birthday today.   We both really enjoyed the food and the presentation.   Lots of fun!

Didn't happen in less we see pictures, where are the pictures!!!

50 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are having some bad news going.  My SIL (Kenzie's dad) was admitted to a hospital yesterday for double pneumonia.   She has been in and out of ICU.  A couple of hours ago she was put back into the ICU and considering putting her on  ventilator.   They are asking for prayers. 

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this.   She along with the rest of your family are in my prayers and thoughts.🙏

I sure hope your power outages won't last long.😪  maybe time to check out a generator since we all keep having crazy storms.   It is nice to have.   

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So sorry you are having to deal with that. Hopefully power will be restored soon.

We actually got to have a lovely McDonald's dinner under cellphone light.  Still no lights.  Sharon found a portable charger for the iPad and I still have about 40% on the phone.

15 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I will keep positive thoughts for her for and a full recovery. I am thinking of you and your family.

Thanks. Really appreciate it.   We keep getting updates.   She is on oxygen and given steroids.  She had gone to Urgent Care on Tuesday and had x rays and they thought it might be bronchitis.   Crazy how quickly things can happen. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I couldn't edit.  It's his sister. Kenzie's dad's sister.  She is about 36.

Prayers are going to her for a full recovery🙏

@Sunshine3601Debbie, so nice to read that Eric's birthday dinner was a special one.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

@Luckynana Maryann, it won't be long now for the 4 of you!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are having some bad news going.  My SIL (Kenzie's dad) was admitted to a hospital yesterday for double pneumonia.   She has been in and out of ICU.  A couple of hours ago she was put back into the ICU and considering putting her on  ventilator.   They are asking for prayers. 

Sending prayers for her recovery from this.  36 is too young.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anybody know where I can find that picture and recipe , I think it was last week with Chicken Breast, Ricotta Cheese, Spinach, Green Peppers etc. I have a few questions about it, but need to look at recipe again.???

Not sure who posted it.......

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Anybody know where I can find that picture and recipe , I think it was last week with Chicken Breast, Ricotta Cheese, Spinach, Green Peppers etc. I have a few questions about it, but need to look at recipe again.???

It was @Lionesss I believe. :classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sending you our Prayers 🙏 @Ozark_Kid for your SIL.

G&P.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well we've braved our first overseas trip since 2019 ! 

We were back and forth about going, partly because our covid rates here are highest ever and partly worrying the  war in Ukraine could escalate. We were also using my free retirement airline tickets, and though they were bookable (not standby) all flights were full.  When I got these tickets issued in November we had planned to go to Japan but its still closed for tourists so decided on Dubai only. These type of tickets are totally flexible/refundable so no problems with that. 

Dubai was chosen as all my airlines network goes through Dubai, we've been there loads of times so know it well but mainly because  the delayed Expo 2020 was closing on 31st March  We had heard it was amazing and wanted to catch it before it ended.

My lovely former colleagues helped with loads and got us into the excellent Emirates lounge at Heathrow

20220327_190526.thumb.jpg.5562e0ddd2f6ce04b5c8fd1c9f3e8533.jpg

20220327_193432.thumb.jpg.99f197025b171782a69b66199371cc71.jpg

20220327_191642.thumb.jpg.60cd3c6ba4747bd1eee426920fd2784b.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 21

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We actually got to have a lovely McDonald's dinner under cellphone light.  Still no lights.  Sharon found a portable charger for the iPad and I still have about 40% on the phone.

Thanks. Really appreciate it.   We keep getting updates.   She is on oxygen and given steroids.  She had gone to Urgent Care on Tuesday and had x rays and they thought it might be bronchitis.   Crazy how quickly things can happen. 

Sending prayers your way 🙏

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you for sharing your Vicar's beautiful Sermon, Graham!❤️

I'm pleased you liked it Maryann.

Father David did our Sarah's first wedding service and both Pauline and my mam's and dad's funeral services.

He WhatsApps us the recorded sermon early every Sunday morning.

Graham.

• Like 5

The flight was overnight and I never sleep on flights so we were pretty tired by the time we got to our hotel in Al Rigga area of Dubai, fairly near the creek. We choose this hotel as it was only five minutes walk to the metro which goes straight to the Expo site

We got to the hotel at 9.30 and hung by the pool until our room was ready at 11.30. 

We didn't do much that day except a little exploring and enjoying the sun by the pool.

Next two days were spent at Expo. It is an amazing site/sight. Long hot days in 30c. 

The popular pavilions had long queues and we probably didn't even see a quarter of the pavilions.  The best one by far of the ones we saw was the Australia pavilion. 🇦🇺  

20220329_113439.thumb.jpg.911e72d563b49ee3c8210f3ce793a994.jpg

20220329_115328.thumb.jpg.f15865fc37b272df9d9701e0a5d0e9f5.jpg

Inside the very good American pavilion 

20220329_161842.thumb.jpg.c78693b68419e74291d23cd7608a8457.jpg

Outside they had a stage set up. I didn't get his name but I think he was a finalist on American Idol. The group was excellent 

20220329_170301.thumb.jpg.0380cbc28de6635960a1dfea8c72bcd7.jpg

This was the queue for the Saudi Arabia pavilion  you can see the queue mirrored in the ceiling . It actually moved quite fast and we only queued for about 40 mins

20220329_150734.jpg

20220329_160300_resized.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sgmn said:

The flight was overnight and I never sleep on flights so we were pretty tired by the time we got to our hotel in Al Rigga area of Dubai, fairly near the creek. We choose this hotel as it was only five minutes walk to the metro which goes straight to the Expo site

We got to the hotel at 9.30 and hung by the pool until our room was ready at 11.30. 

We didn't do much that day except a little exploring and enjoying the sun by the pool.

Next two days were spent at Expo. It is an amazing site/sight. Long hot days in 30c. 

The popular pavilions had long queues and we probably didn't even see a quarter of the pavilions.  The best one by far of the ones we saw was the Australia pavilion. 🇦🇺  

20220329_113439.thumb.jpg.911e72d563b49ee3c8210f3ce793a994.jpg

20220329_115328.thumb.jpg.f15865fc37b272df9d9701e0a5d0e9f5.jpg

Inside the very good American pavilion 

20220329_161842.thumb.jpg.c78693b68419e74291d23cd7608a8457.jpg

Outside they had a stage set up. I didn't get his name but I think he was a finalist on American Idol. The group was excellent 

20220329_170301.thumb.jpg.0380cbc28de6635960a1dfea8c72bcd7.jpg

20220329_150734.jpg

20220329_160300_resized.jpg

I hope you have a fantastic holiday Sue.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the evening we went to the Irish Village which has been in Dubai for over 20 years. It's right opposite Emirates Airlines learning centre where I went for courses, and I have fond memories of good times there.  They often have live music on

IMG-20220329-WA0009.thumb.jpg.10c08cf2ee933ae407aeb5d965e8462b.jpg

20220329_210957.thumb.jpg.399eb7852c963e2fa5d314a076470542.jpg

• Like 17

On our second day the highlight was the Australian pavilion. Unfortunately I don't have any photos of the inside but they did have great food stands and music  set up outside 

20220330_140909.thumb.jpg.7a30bad25db72f2cd0e9813cd991a25b.jpg

20220330_142207.thumb.jpg.11ebbf1d9f759e697477bc558662c1ee.jpg

Pic of the Burg Al Arab skyline taken from the metro

20220330_101757.thumb.jpg.9e5d6eba1b4b4188359df15e0058ae89.jpg

20220330_144003.thumb.jpg.9fc84c159fd0326da611dd4e0266cd00.jpg

• Like 14

Came back from 30c to 1c last night and flurries of snow. Winter has returned !!

We had a great time and I'm glad we went. I did a new personal best of 22,560 steps on the first day at Expo 

• Like 14

@sgmn I was worried you were absent from this forum because you were in Sydney (you mentioned it as a possibility recently ) and i thought gosh you would be having the worst weather for your trip.  So glad you were in Dubai instead enjoying a taste of Australia & Ireland. Lovely photos.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@sgmn I was worried you were absent from this forum because you were in Sydney (you mentioned it as a possibility recently ) and i thought gosh you would be having the worst weather for your trip.  So glad you were in Dubai instead enjoying a taste of Australia & Ireland. Lovely photos.

We decided that for this first trip in two years and all that's happening in the world we would just make it a one flight trip . We still hope to go in our Autumn though with a new grand baba arriving in Sept, nothing is planned. 

Sorry to hear the weather is still bad for you. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I’m the guilty one. 

After this picture was taken I just added the mozzarella cheese. Turned oven off for 15 min to set than serve. 

3 pounds boneless chicken (6) pieces 

A7E6CAE5-23E8-4D8E-995A-E7D0B98455A9.jpeg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Got to act fast, people book them fast..........People are continuing to list places even now. Prices are all over the place.

https://www.airbnb.com/s/French-Quarter--New-Orleans--Louisiana--United-States/homes?flexible_trip_lengths[]=weekend_trip&date_picker_type=calendar&query=French Quarter%2C New Orleans%2C Louisiana%2C United States&place_id=ChIJf5407BGmIIYROiKyvb07vZg&refinement_paths[]=%2Fhomes&tab_id=home_tab&checkin=2022-04-01&checkout=2022-04-05&source=structured_search_input_header&search_type=autocomplete_click

Think you would want(need) to book 4 nights, Fly in on Friday(Enjoy Bourbon Street),  Semifinals Saturday Night.........off day Sunday, ..Monday Night Championship game, fly home next morning Tuesday.

I like your confidence we would beat Duke on Saturday night and I would want to stay where I can’t get into any good restaurants even at lunch time.  I lacked your confidence hence why I am not in NOLA.  We have Bill Engvall tickets for Saturday night.  We first saw him at a comedy club in Raleigh, NC.  One of our first comedy clubs, I have never laughed so hard in my life, that was probably around 1985.  

• Like 3