Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

I’m using that as my justification to be on another cruise😹.  Currently in Vancouver and boarding Serenade OTS tomorrow.

It’s a totally good reason to cruise.  Hope you have a great time.  Would love to see some cruise pics.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Finally back home after traveling for most of the day. We got to the Miami airport at 9:30am for a 2:10pm flight. Had to wait to check bags and of course there were no chairs. Then the flight got delayed. Luckily we had a over two hour layover in St. Louis. With the delay we only waiting in St Louis for an hour. The pups were very happy to see us as you can imagine.

tomorrow I will start my review. I have lots of competition with Benny Bruns live review. It’s interesting as his take on some things are a complete opposite of mine. Bottom line everything is subjective.

I’m looking forward to your review. We’ve only done one specialty restaurant on this cruise…Izumi sushi (no hibachi on this ship). Not very good, both food and setting. We usually like Izumi a lot. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I’m looking forward to your review. We’ve only done one specialty restaurant on this cruise…Izumi sushi (no hibachi on this ship). Not very good, both food and setting. We usually like Izumi a lot. 

We weren't impressed with Izumi on Ovation.  Smaller menu and then prepared a few of the things we liked quite differently from what we had on Symphony. 

• Like 1

Hopefully this will be the last update for tonight.  

Literally in less than 10 minutes since I talked to Vikki things changed again and she's on her way back to her parents place.

The CT scan came back.  What they initially thought was bone protrusion was nothing more than cuts and scrapes from her fall.  Sending her home and told her to see the fracture clinic at home on Monday.  No major break and no surgery required....good news. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No major break and no surgery required....good news. 

Ken, so glad of those good news, wishing Vikki a speedy and full recovery 🌷

My step cat just sent me a "Happy New Year" ---

image.thumb.jpeg.12a74c81b6c976cc622f48b72e4bbd86.jpeg

Wishing a Happy Jewish New Year to all those who celebrate

• Like 25

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My friend Frank Tepedino played for the Yankees in the 60’s alongside Mantle in the outfield.My friends Jim and Johnny graduated Manual Training HS with Pepitone .I heard a lot about Joe’s time as a Yankee.

More misinformation he only played in 9 games during Mantle’s time all in 1967 and at that time Mickey was playing first base. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Finally back home after traveling for most of the day. We got to the Miami airport at 9:30am for a 2:10pm flight. Had to wait to check bags and of course there were no chairs. Then the flight got delayed. Luckily we had a over two hour layover in St. Louis. With the delay we only waiting in St Louis for an hour. The pups were very happy to see us as you can imagine.

tomorrow I will start my review. I have lots of competition with Benny Bruns live review. It’s interesting as his take on some things are a complete opposite of mine. Bottom line everything is subjective.

I'm looking forward to reading your review Greg.

Graham 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Ken, so glad of those good news, wishing Vikki a speedy and full recovery 🌷

My step cat just sent me a "Happy New Year" ---

image.thumb.jpeg.12a74c81b6c976cc622f48b72e4bbd86.jpeg

Wishing a Happy Jewish New Year to all those who celebrate

Shanah Tovah.

Best wishes Dani.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 1, I see that Molly enjoys the Cornish holiday as well @sgmn

+ 1,  reminds me of Keukenhoff gardens @aussielozzie18

Yeap she's enjoying herself. Long walks and lots of dog biscuits.  Most of the beaches and pubs are dog friendly, though during school holidays some beaches have a ban 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, HBE4 said:

The pictures remind me of the setting of the British TV show BroadChurch, with the dramatic cliffs making for a spectacular backdrop.  I think the name of the actual town where it was filmed is Dorset. Is that anywhere near?

Dorset is more south west and Cornwall is the furthest west you can go. Dorset beaches are about an hour and half from us and we often go to the coast there for day trips .

DH was born in Dorset though left the UK at six months old when his dad joined the Canadian Armed Forces.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Ok, so when I saw this post, I thought I may have missed a photo that would surely get banned here.

046AB478-EAFF-4909-9B42-311F8BAED967.thumb.jpeg.2d984a537e2430e7fb4519efa1b57f70.jpeg

Where I am from, pasties have a totally different meaning than what was probably being referenced. 😳😏

Cornish Pasties , yum 😋 

Traditional made with beef, swede, potato, onion and salt n pepper. Cooked in  shortcrust pastry. As it cooks it makes a delicious gravy 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Good news is this is not my ankle.  Bad news is it's Vikki's.  We were at her brothers new house a couple hours away for dinner and I had left to come home and let Merlin out when my daughter let me know that this happened.  With so many cars in the driveway Vikki went to get something out of her car and stepped off the edge of the driveway into a ditch.

Her brother took her to the hospital and apparently it's broken and dislocated.  They were only there 45 minutes and apparently they are now on their way home (to her parents place that's close to her brothers).  Just waiting to find out the full extent of her injury and what the treatment plan is.  Looks like she will be off work for at least the next little while.  

Screenshot_20220924_222552.jpg

Sorry to hear. Hope she's not in too much pain and is taking it easy.  Wishing her a speedy recovery

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

Our mini break is over, traveling back today. We should be able to do it in four hours but we always stop for molly the dog so it usually ends up being closer to 5 hours.

Had a great time. Yesterday we went to Perranport on the North Atlantic coast where all our family holidays as children were spent. It was sunny but chilly at 15c with a cold wind 

Had a great walk along the beach.  There were some brave souls surfing 🏄‍♀️ 🌊 

In the evening we walked down to the village pub for dinner. Home made Fish pie for me and home made curry for DH 

20220924_132942.thumb.jpg.e01ff2522c29f632a5627c39aa7253ad.jpg

20220924_132925.thumb.jpg.633d3f81fcca506f810e36ac09975508.jpg

20220924_132955.thumb.jpg.9757c1449971c7f7368dbc87aafd5aaa.jpg

IMG-20220924-WA0008.thumb.jpg.479d61a6d1e9c800bc3d13218d14dda4.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 19

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Hopefully this will be the last update for tonight.  

Literally in less than 10 minutes since I talked to Vikki things changed again and she's on her way back to her parents place.

The CT scan came back.  What they initially thought was bone protrusion was nothing more than cuts and scrapes from her fall.  Sending her home and told her to see the fracture clinic at home on Monday.  No major break and no surgery required....good news. 

Sorry she fractured her ankle but glad you got this good news about no need for surgery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Our mini break is over, traveling back today. We should be able to do it in four hours but we always stop for molly the dog so it usually ends up being closer to 5 hours.

Had a great time. Yesterday we went to Perranport on the North Atlantic coast where all our family holidays as children were spent. It was sunny but chilly at 15c with a cold wind 

Had a great walk along the beach.  There were some brave souls surfing 🏄‍♀️ 🌊 

In the evening we walked down to the village pub for dinner. Home made Fish pie for me and home made curry for DH 

20220924_132942.thumb.jpg.e01ff2522c29f632a5627c39aa7253ad.jpg

20220924_132925.thumb.jpg.633d3f81fcca506f810e36ac09975508.jpg

20220924_132955.thumb.jpg.9757c1449971c7f7368dbc87aafd5aaa.jpg

IMG-20220924-WA0008.thumb.jpg.479d61a6d1e9c800bc3d13218d14dda4.jpg

Looks like a lovely spot for a walk and family holidays 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Looks like will be stepping into my new role as cabin attendant and waiter once she gets home.

Beware, she might remove the grats if she'll not be satisfied with your service 😉

@Luckynana

Maryann, Wishing you negative results and positive times and weather on your cruise 😘

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

The latest prediction on Ian has it tracking farther to the west, which has been the trend. Here in south Florida, we are now out of the cone of uncertainty. PC is still on the edge, but  if it continues the trend, it could become clear also.

It looks like any western cruise routes may be affected.

• Like 2