Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening it is 23.09pm.

We have been at 2 hospitals today with our Sarah for over 11 hours.

Her diagnosis is a slipped disc in her spine pressing on a nerve with fluid leaking.

She had an x-ray at one hospital and the doctor sent us to the regional Major hospital where she had a CT scan and MRI scan.

So sorry to hear about Sarah. My thoughts and best wishes will be for her and a speedy recover free of pain. Graham you are in my thoughts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Tree_skier That slide near Fresno is pretty amazing! I'm sorry. I am getting so tired of this constant rain. I never thought I had SAD, but this is getting kind of depressing. I had to go into neighboring town of Castro Valley today for an appointment, and I forgot the f*** road was washed out and closed. I hate being late. 

Dungeness crab season finally opened on Dec. 31st and we can buy them directly on the dock in Half Moon Bay. I told Bill I wanted to go over and get some. Today he asked when I wanted go, because Hwy 35 is closed. I said where is 35?  (Only I used the f word again) He said, the road that goes over the pass to HFB. I only know roads in my own county. 

So, I am starting to get a little tense and annoyed by the weather situation, even though we haven't had the horrible flooding and damage that others have experienced. I know that others are always worse off than we are. 

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I'm sorry. I am getting so tired of this constant rain. I never thought I had SAD, but this is getting kind of depressing. 

So, I am starting to get a little tense and annoyed by the weather situation, even though we haven't had the horrible flooding and damage that others have experienced. I know that others are always worse off than we are. 

I feel for you and get you.  We’ve been through this, including rock slides that closed a roadways for weeks on end.  The constant rain is frustrating and depressing and you do feel really guilty complaining when others are so much worse off.  Hope the weather and conditions improve soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

They’ve only been building our pool for 2 days and it’s already coming along nicely. They’re supposed to pour the concrete tomorrow.

D18054A8-1362-40C4-A910-4AC1A296F66A.thumb.jpeg.cd4ba859b40ed35698ce2ce2ff292382.jpeg

5D1338EC-CACE-4300-8234-0C526566AFD2.thumb.jpeg.586d83f14de2fb49ad110b4fcdb53aa2.jpeg

6FF62528-1D1D-49E7-9D6A-519C03701714.thumb.jpeg.ed51653e57fdbf53df8a87c051ff1899.jpeg

and here’s a quick check in from Sam because…well, Sam 🥰

2FBE9E0D-7F4D-40E8-A680-046BFE66636B.thumb.jpeg.b4134052c46bacf41c3723be5e19fa27.jpeg

Oh gosh, Sam looks so comfortable.  Living the life.

Nice easy access for the pool builders.

Building is soooo delayed here.  Your pool will probably be finished before the private pool near us, even starts being built. Can I ask how long it took after you accepted the quote/signed the contract to when they started?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening it is 23.09pm.

We have been at 2 hospitals today with our Sarah for over 11 hours.

Her diagnosis is a slipped disc in her spine pressing on a nerve with fluid leaking.

She had an x-ray at one hospital and the doctor sent us to the regional Major hospital where she had a CT scan and MRI scan.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear she is in pain. I know you will take care if her.  Praying for fast healing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, singinalot said:

They’ve only been building our pool for 2 days and it’s already coming along nicely. They’re supposed to pour the concrete tomorrow.

D18054A8-1362-40C4-A910-4AC1A296F66A.thumb.jpeg.cd4ba859b40ed35698ce2ce2ff292382.jpeg

5D1338EC-CACE-4300-8234-0C526566AFD2.thumb.jpeg.586d83f14de2fb49ad110b4fcdb53aa2.jpeg

6FF62528-1D1D-49E7-9D6A-519C03701714.thumb.jpeg.ed51653e57fdbf53df8a87c051ff1899.jpeg

and here’s a quick check in from Sam because…well, Sam 🥰

2FBE9E0D-7F4D-40E8-A680-046BFE66636B.thumb.jpeg.b4134052c46bacf41c3723be5e19fa27.jpeg

Well, someone needs to supervise the pool work. Best done from the sofa.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

I'm hoping someone can help with this.

My aunt died a few weeks ago (90 yo) and left a house full of traveling treasures. I don't know how many HAL world cruises they were on but there were several.

My 2 cousins are executors (glad it's not me) and are going through the house before it goes up for sale.

I've been trying to help as I can with items that have antique value, but this has me puzzled. I think she bought it in the Middle East by the inscriptions. Can anyone help? 

thumbnail.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Oy, Graham, so sorry. How did it happen? Wishing Sarah a swift and complete recovery.

xx

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

That's too bad. Poor Sarah, that is a rotten and painful injury to have. I hope her sciatica isn't too bad if it is in her lower back. I did have very successful surgery for mine. But it was sure a painful wait getting to that point. 

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Graham, wishing the best for your Sarah.  Those types of back issues can be very painful.  I hope she has a speedy treatment and recovery. 

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Graham, I am so sorry to hear this about Sarah.  Back pain and injuries are so awfully painful.  I wish her well.  She is one lucky lady to have you and Pauline by her side.

8 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope she recovers quickly.

8 hours ago, NHProud said:

I’m so sorry to learn Sarah is hurting. Wishing her a speedy recovery. She is lucky to have you and Pauline looking after her .  

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Graham, sorry you all are going through this.  I pray that Sarah has a quick recovery. 

8 hours ago, Keksie said:

@grapau27 I am so sorry for Sarah, hopefully they can help her feel better quickly.  Long day for you and Pauline too.  Take care all of you.

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I was so sorry to read this about your Sarah.  Wishing her a quick recovery with minimal pain.

8 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Graham, the three of you will be in my prayers.  Hope Sarah gets well quickly,🤞🙏

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I hope that Sarah gets better soon.

7 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

@grapau27So sorry Graham about your lovely Sarah!  I pray she can get some relief soon 🙏.

7 hours ago, akcruz said:

Sorry to hear about Sarah and your long day at the hospitals.  Prayers for a speedy recovery.

7 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

@grapau27 Hope Sarah is better soon.

7 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@grapau27 So sorry that your Sarah is going through this.  So painful for Sarah and worrying for you and Pauline.

7 hours ago, singinalot said:

🙏🙏🙏

6 hours ago, derorim said:

Hoping for good news for your sweet Sarah.

6 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

Graham, Wishing the best for Sarah.

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

@grapau27 Prayers for your dear Sarah. Make sure you take care of your self & Pauline too. 🙏

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So sorry to hear about Sarah. My thoughts and best wishes will be for her and a speedy recover free of pain. Graham you are in my thoughts.

3 hours ago, taznremmy said:

@grapau27Prayers for Sarah.  I can  empathize with what she is going through, having ruptured a disk and having a pinched sciatica nerve about 50 years ago.  Best wishes to you and Pauline. 

1 hour ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Oh I'm so sorry to hear she is in pain. I know you will take care if her.  Praying for fast healing. 

Thank you so much everyone for all of your good wishes and kindness shown to Sarah.

• Like 11

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Dani.

Sarah has Epilepsy which has caused a few injuries in her back when she has fallen during a fit.

Graham x.

Wishing Sarah a  resolution to her back problems.  I had never realised that epilepsy could have that sort of complication. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

My aunt died a few weeks ago (90 yo) and left a house full of traveling treasures. I don't know how many HAL world cruises they were on but there were several.

My 2 cousins are executors (glad it's not me) and are going through the house before it goes up for sale.

I've been trying to help as I can with items that have antique value, but this has me puzzled. I think she bought it in the Middle East by the inscriptions. Can anyone help? 

thumbnail.jpeg

Not sure where it would come from but I like it.  Assuming that it is washable it would be useful on a dining table with dips, olives or something similar.  

I am on a quest to get rid of all of this sort of ‘stuff’ in my home.   I am fed up of cleaning around junk.  It is such a slow process though because we have lived in the same flat since 1988.  Moving house is the best motivation.  

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Not sure where it would come from but I like it.  Assuming that it is washable it would be useful on a dining table with dips, olives or something similar.  

I am on a quest to get rid of all of this sort of ‘stuff’ in my home.   I am fed up of cleaning around junk.  It is such a slow process though because we have lived in the same flat since 1988.  Moving house is the best motivation.  

Same quest here. Let's find an emoji. ☺️☺️😄

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Wishing Sarah a  resolution to her back problems.  I had never realised that epilepsy could have that sort of complication. 

Thank you.

When she had a fit in her office she fell against a desk and chair.

Hospital are going to admit her for an operation and she is waiting for a phone call from the hospital to say a bed is ready for her.

Graham.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you so much everyone for all of your good wishes and kindness shown to Sarah.

Graham, Rory also asked me to rely his best wishes for your Sarah xxx

2 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

@grapau27

Same here...

Epilepsy is so bad as it is, without the "adds on". So sorry, and hoping for the best 🙏.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Graham, Rory also asked me to rely his best wishes for your Sarah xxx

@grapau27

Same here...

Epilepsy is so bad as it is, without the "adds on". So sorry, and hoping for the best 🙏.

Thank you Dani.

Please thank Rory too and send him my best wishes.

She has just seen the surgeon on the hospital ward and he has explained the high risk operation or injections and rest.

She is worried about the operation so is seeing about the injections.

Graham.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

thumbnail.jpeg

Dani would know better but if purchased in the Middle East, it looks like a Passover seder plate to be filled with traditional items and displayed on the dinner table during Passover.. 6th item is usually salt water.

Seder plate

Arrange five items on the plate: a hard-boiled egg; a roasted shank bone; a spring vegetable such as parsley, called karpas; a mixture of fruit, wine, and nuts, called charoset; and either prepared or fresh horseradish, called maror.

Learn About the 6 Elements of a Traditional Seder Plate | Kitchn

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Graham- I am sending healing wishes to your Sarah.

If it were me, I would opt for the injections and rest . I can empathize with Sarah as I have had intermittent back issues for years. I avoided surgery by getting physical therapy  a few times.

Hoping each day gets better for her,you and Pauline.💐

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Graham- I am sending healing wishes to your Sarah.

If it were me, I would opt for the injections and rest . I can empathize with Sarah as I have had intermittent back issues for years. I avoided surgery by getting physical therapy  a few times.

Hoping each day gets better for her,you and Pauline.💐

MJ🙋🏻

Thank you so much MJ  for your kind concerns and good wishes.

I'm sorry you have had back issues for years.

She has been to a chiropractor several times.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

thumbnail.jpeg

13 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dani would know better but if purchased in the Middle East, it looks like a Passover seder plate to be filled with traditional items. 6th item is usually salt water.

Seder plate

Arrange five items on the plate: a hard-boiled egg; a roasted shank bone; a spring vegetable such as parsley, called karpas; a mixture of fruit, wine, and nuts, called charoset; and either prepared or fresh horseradish, called maror.

That it looks like a "Seder" plate was my initial thinking too, but then, it usually says in the middle: "Passover" --   "פסח", which gave me "second thoughts". 

But then my DH "took over", magnified it, and you can definitely see IT IS a "Seder" plate -- we can definitely identify "Karpas" (כרפס), "Charoset" (חרוסת), "Beytza" (ביצה) and "Maror" (מרור)....

Here's a plate I've found on google....

Karpas at the Pesach Seder | Ohr Torah Stone

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

thumbnail.jpeg

22 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dani would know better but if purchased in the Middle East, it looks like a Passover seder plate to be filled with traditional items and displayed on the dinner table during Passover.. 6th item is usually salt water.

Seder plate

That is what I am finding, a Seder plate.  Here is a link that shows a very simular one on Pinterest. 

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/10625749095278461/?source=samsung_camera&oe=1

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

That it looks like a "Seder" plate was my initial thinking too, but then, it usually says in the middle: "Passover" --   "פסח", which gave me "second thoughts". 

But then my DH "took over", magnified it, and you can definitely see IT IS a "Seder" plate -- we can definitely identify "Karpas" (כרפס), "Charoset" (חרוסת), "Beytza" (ביצה) and "Maror" (מרור)....

Here's a plate I've found on google....

Karpas at the Pesach Seder | Ohr Torah Stone

I have an app that tries to find stuff by searching for similar pics.  I found the following.  I tried to find it on the Walmart website but it is not there anymore. 

1537195744_Screenshot_20230112_083006_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1e5adf25e51ba83ced203328d4a7ab69.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you,Graham.

Besides PT sessions, I have made a habit of walking  for thirty minutes a day on our treadmill. I used to take aerobic classes at our local library for seniors (ahem,!) until Covid concerns shut down that activity.

When I first had an issue with herniated discs, the orthopedist and PT recommended daily walking. So far,I think it has helped me get to 70 (almost) without surgery.

Just a thought once Sarah is feeling much better.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Coralc You have my empathy for dealing with all the storms your area has been getting.

We have been watching the weather in the SF area as friends of ours are visiting their son,DIL and Branson in Pacifica since Dec 21. 

She is getting weary of the rain,and while they are happy to be with their grandson and his parents, she is now counting the days until they get home next week.

Our weather here on Long Island has been cloudy and rainy since the beginning of Jan. However, it is nothing like.what is happening in CA.

Hoping the sun returns soon for you and all dealing with the storms.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1