Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That's horrible. I feel for everyone.

My friend Mike died last night.We did not sleep ,we were crying nearly non stop.

The funeral is tomorrow .Toby will go but I cannot physically go to the cemetary

My Parkinsons is really draining me Thank you for your words.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My friend Mike died last night.We did not sleep ,we were crying nearly non stop.

The funeral is tomorrow .Toby will go but I cannot physically go to the cemetary

So very sorry for your loss . 

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@dani negreanu loved your Carnivale costume photos from Venice.  Sorry the trip has been extremely stressful (airline) and disappointing (weather).  Hopefully Morocco is better experience for you.

@lenquixote66 hope your dear friend pulls through.

Unfortunately he passed away last night.His wife just recovered from a Stroke .He was a very good friend to me .

• Like 3

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

So many, Free in 1970 at college, Pink Floyd, Rod Stewart, 

Regrets who I never got to see live are David Bowie and Freddie Mercury 

When I was in college Classic Rock as we refer to that music now was just beginning.Everyone was into DooWop.I lived on the same street as Richie Havens and went to see him at clubs .I never saw Bowie live I won tickets to Live Aid but could not go .

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It's too hard to answer my #1 concert.    I have seen Grateful Dead over 100 shows, Led Zeppelin a couple of times, Pink Floyd, The Who, Rolling Stones, CSN&Y, Meatloaf, Tom Petty, several others will probably pop into my mind later tonight but I guess one of favorite shows was Billy Joel and Elton John.    I have seen both of them individually but when they performed together it was outstanding.

Posting on CC and reading all the posts is helping me deal with the sorrow I am feeling.I saw the Greatful Dead 53 years ago .I have a picture of myself standing outside the venue.That was the only time I ever saw them live.I saw The Who in 1968 .CSN is one of my all time favorites .A guy who I worked with in the 1980’s was a singer with a CSN Tribute band called The Bohemians .

Bobby,the guy I knew later on became Editor and Publisher of 21st.Century Rock ,a Quarterly magazine that circulated all over the world.He gave me a free subscription.In 1972 a co worker told me one day that her best friend was a singer was performing in a few days and knowing my love of music she invited Toby and I to join her to hear her friend.Since then my family and I have been to about 50 of his concerts.His name is Billy Joel.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I'm a big Beach Boys fan even though their peak years were a few years "before my time". I can probably credit my older siblings who played their albums when i was a mere pre-school child, But their music is still the "quintessential" summer music. I saw them several times in the late 1980's and while the first concert was pretty good, let's just say they..and their voices.... did not age very well in the later concerts.

Speaking of bands before my times, one of my first concerts was a 1986 20th anniversary tour featuring The Monkees, Gary Puckett & the Union Gap, Herman's Hermits and the Grass Roots. I became a fan of The Monkees while watching reruns of their silly sitcoms in the mid-1970's, long after they broken up. I expected all the fans to be at least twice my age and was pleasantly surprised when a good majority were around my age. Apparently they all watched the show in their childhood as well. 

The Monkeys and Herman's Hermits were the bands of my time. The sitcom was not to be missed.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I'm so sorry Lenny.

Our condolences to Toby and yourself and to everyone who loved your friend Mike.

Graham 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

As teenagers in the early 80's we used to go on road trips to Dead shows.   We had camped out at places such as Red Rocks, CO.  Had lots of fun visiting many places across the country.   Met lots of interesting people.    When they came to a venue they use to have 2 or 3 shows and we would go to each show, never did the same show twice.   So to reach a 100+ shows was rather easy.    

I have a friend named David who is the biggest DeadHead on the planet.His wife who grew up in Utah knew nothing about the Dead when she met David in 1981 .Now she is a huge fan.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You would put Karen Carpenter above the likes of Stevie Nicks or Carly Simon? 

Always tough because of course it's completely subjective, and my tastes change day to day.  But yeah, I'd put KC at the top just purely for voice...probably followed in some order by Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone, Christina Aguilera, Ann Wilson.  

I love Stevie Nicks (our dog is named after her!).  I had my share of boyhood crushes growing up, but I was madly in love with Linda Ronstadt.

Of course, as I type those out I'm thinking of 10 others who could be in my top 5 LOL

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Keksie said:

The Monkeys and Herman's Hermits were the bands of my time. The sitcom was not to be missed.

I loved Herman’s Hermits. I wore out my 45rpm of this great song.

2 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Always tough because of course it's completely subjective, and my tastes change day to day.  But yeah, I'd put KC at the top just purely for voice...probably followed in some order by Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone, Christina Aguilera, Ann Wilson.  

I love Stevie Nicks (our dog is named after her!).  I had my share of boyhood crushes growing up, but I was madly in love with Linda Ronstadt.

Of course, as I type those out I'm thinking of 10 others who could be in my top 5 LOL

I loved Karen Carpenter’s voice. Her Christmas album is one of my favorites. She also was a really good drummer.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, George C said:

First time I ever went to the Fillmore East back in 1968 when I was 18 or so people started passing this funny cigarettes around, first time I experience that . 

You and I may have been at some of the same shows at the Fillmore .I was a little older when the Fillmore opened.I was married and went after work to the shows One night I went to see The Byrds. A guy working for the band was taking pictures of the people who came to see the show.Years later somebody that I knew was watching a video of the concert and I was in the crowd picture,possibly you too if you were there.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Rollings Stones

Pearl Jam

Metallica

Would have loved to see the dead (substituted Phish)  👍🏻

Petty died before I saw live  

My younger daughter who lived in the UK in the late 90’s met Mick Jagger at a club one night and asked if she could get a picture with him.I don’t know how many were taken but when she came back to NY she had 12 pictures.

• Like 2

One more band I saw several times and forgot to mention Toto.

They came to KC and played at our Worlds of Fun Park Amphitheater. I was a house sound engineer at the time during the summer. I got to help the roadies unload a semi tractor trailer of equipment. And worked with their sound engineers on our system. They even had my stay in the sound booth while they played. Got to meet the band which was incredible because drummer Jeff Porcaro was a inspiration for me. Great guys and monster musicians.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

We took LSD in the 70's and had my parents take my girlfriend and me over to Winterland, to see Ten Years After, while they went out to dinner in San Francisco. We bought tickets at the door. (No computers back then) Fortunately, we were feeling much better and normal, by the time they came and picked us up after the concert. I wouldn't say that was a best concert, but it was interesting. 

I was at a party in 1964 and inadvertently had an LSD trip .I was told that I tried to leave the party through an 8th.floor window,I have no recollection of that but when I woke up I was on a pile of garbage on a NYC subway station 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4