Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Tomorrow, Susan and I will celebrate our 43rd wedding anniversary.  

Since our grandson has been here the last few years, during our anniversary, we haven’t done anything special.  

This year, Susan told me she had something special planned.  She started dropping hints.  About sweating; about making me exhausted; about showing me something new!

That’s right, we fly to Orlando today to spend the week at Universal Studios Florida and the Islands of Adventure. 

Sweating ✔️

Exhausted ✔️

Something new ✔️

I mean, it has been almost 30 years since we were at USF, so there is plenty new.  That is also why we have been gearing up the last few days for the Harry Potter experience.  

Our grandson is excited, and has already been writing about it in his journal for the summer. 

Congratulations to you both. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Sounds like a great time! I like that you put in some relaxation time at the Polynesian. Much needed!😄 Have a wonderful cruise and hope your boys love it!

We board the Wonder this Sunday. We are on the Independence in September, so I am interested to read your Cliff notes.

Have a great cruise! What is the itinerary?

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just catching up on Below Deck down under. Liking it better than Gary on the sailing version. 

This Laura reminds me a lot of the Laura from Italy that was on another season and ended up quitting. The voices even sound similar. 

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

There is no age limit in the U.S. either. Decisions here are made by the physician and patient as well as family or other designated person if the patient is incapable of participating and has a legal medical directive. We don't have panels deciding your fate.

I spoke with her and her Daughter last night and they told her Doctors that she wants the open heart surgery done as she refuses to just simply go home and die.   She said, If she dies on the table, so be it but she won't be told she is too old for a procedure and be sent home to die.   Good to hear she still has fight left in her.    

She said it is more likely the Doctor doesn't want to tarnish his excellent record and have someone die on the operating table.    I tend to agree with her.   They are scheduling the surgery for tomorrow.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sgmn said:

Sorry to hear Debbie. Its tough when people you've known such a long time start getting ill.  Though living to your 90s is a good age.  And it seems as though she has had a good old age if she was living alone. 

Two of my neighbours who were both in their 90s passed away this last year.  

We have had more neighbours funerals this year than in the 20 years total previously 

Sorry to hear of the loss of your neighbors.   Yes, I agree 90 something is a good old age.   Her Husband passed away 4 or 5 yrs ago.    He had Alzheimer's disease for several years and eventually had a heart attack in his late 80's.    She was his primary care giver at home and I know it took a big toll on her mentally and physically but she would have it no other way.    

After he passed away she has both knees replaced along with her hips.   She needed it for many years but couldn't do it since she wanted/needed to care for her Husband.    Amazing woman!

• Like 6

19 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Careful, I've seen the list. It's not to be trifled with.  It's quite extensive & while I know you have a 28+ day B2B coming up, there will be some days you'll need to consume 3 drinks. Choose wisely as some can pack quite a punch. 😇😉

Just 3? 🤔 🤣 🤣 🤣  Not sure if you recall, but I get 6 free per day. 😮

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

This will be our hotel for the week. (Photo from Condè Nast Traveler)

IMG_6231.thumb.webp.8dde164837c4c9b679f5a7f0bc04f551.webp

Have fun and Happy Anniversary.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’re busing getting ready for a big family trip to Disney coming up, preceded by a short cruise out of Port Canaveral.  This is pretty involved so I’ll try to keep it to the Cliff notes version.  
Andy and I are taking our two oldest grandsons (12 & 10) on a 3 night cruise on Independence of the Seas.  He and I fly to Orlando next Wednesday evening (was supposed to be Thursday morning but JetBlue stopped the early morning flights out of PVD and moved us to Weds).  Meeting up with our daughter & the boys Thursday morning at the airport.  We head to PC, staying at the Hampton Inn and board the ship Friday (she and the youngest are staying in Orlando visiting friends).  After disembarking Monday, we head to WDW where Andy & I have three quiet nights at the Polynesian while the boys are back with their Mom.  By Thursday, the rest of the family will have arrived and the 12 of us check into the Old Key West villa for a week.
The boys are very excited for their first cruise and we’re excited to experience it with them. 

Sounds like a perfect family trip with some quiet time in the middle.    It is so fun to experience a cruise with first timers.   Children probably more so than adults.   

Safe travels and hope you have some nice weather too!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Tomorrow, Susan and I will celebrate our 43rd wedding anniversary.  

Since our grandson has been here the last few years, during our anniversary, we haven’t done anything special.  

This year, Susan told me she had something special planned.  She started dropping hints.  About sweating; about making me exhausted; about showing me something new!

That’s right, we fly to Orlando today to spend the week at Universal Studios Florida and the Islands of Adventure. 

Sweating ✔️

Exhausted ✔️

Something new ✔️

I mean, it has been almost 30 years since we were at USF, so there is plenty new.  That is also why we have been gearing up the last few days for the Harry Potter experience.  

Our grandson is excited, and has already been writing about it in his journal for the summer. 

Happy 43rd Anniversary. 💐 Cheers🍸🍸  What a nice surprise😃   The last time we were at USF was 2018 and I am sure a lot has changed in the last 5 yrs.    Have Fun!!   

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Sounds like a great time! I like that you put in some relaxation time at the Polynesian. Much needed!😄 Have a wonderful cruise and hope your boys love it!

We board the Wonder this Sunday. We are on the Independence in September, so I am interested to read your Cliff notes.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise with perfect weather😍

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I spoke with her and her Daughter last night and they told her Doctors that she wants the open heart surgery done as she refuses to just simply go home and die.   She said, If she dies on the table, so be it but she won't be told she is too old for a procedure and be sent home to die.   Good to hear she still has fight left in her.    

She said it is more likely the Doctor doesn't want to tarnish his excellent record and have someone die on the operating table.    I tend to agree with her.   They are scheduling the surgery for tomorrow.

Feisty lady, your friend is.  Good for her!  Hoping all goes well with her operation tomorrow, and for a speedy recovery.  God Bless her!🙏

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sgmn said:

Have a great time. Will be interesting to hear about it. Last time we went on a theme park holiday was Disney World twenty years ago when the kids were kids !

Thanks.  It will be interesting doing it with one of the grandkids.  Last time we were here, our kids were his age. 

11 hours ago, Keksie said:

I love Universal.  It will be hot so take advantage of the pools and waterpark.  We like to get macarons after dinner at the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium.  Cowfish has good sushi and burgers.  The Harry Potter area is so much fun.  

We plan to take a daily pool break, then go back to the parks.  We have dinner reserved at the Chocolate Emporium one of our nights. 

11 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Safe travels today and Happy 43rd Anniversary tomorrow!  
We stayed at Portofino Bay several years ago.  It’s a bit removed from all the hub-bub and activity and had a nice relaxing vibe.  The little boat ride to/from the parks is great too, especially at the end of a long day.  
Have a great time. 

Thanks for the anniversary wishes.  Portofino Bay is nice. 

11 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

Happy Anniversary and cheers to many more!!🍾

Thanks for the anniversary wishes. 

11 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Welcome to the Orlando area! Happy Anniversary! Looking forward to pictures.

Thank you.  I hope to have a few pictures 

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Happy Anniversary wished to you tomorrow. I hope you guys have a grand celebration.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes. 

9 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Enjoy Universal and your anniversary 🎉

We have early access to IOA, so we will be up early.  Thanks for the anniversary wishes. 

@Ozark_Kid we have unlimited express passes to both parks for our stay. Hope it helps some. 

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It was 2002 when we were there.  The Royal Pacific Resort had just opened.  Staying there gave us passes to go to the front of the line on each ride.  We loved the park and hotel. A lot has changed since then.  I bet y'all will love it.  Have a great time.

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

At first I thought Susan's gift to you was membership in a health club but this trip is so much better!

@Momof3gurlzDeb, have a wonderful vacation with family as well as alone time with Andy.

I think this trip will be a nice wind down to our Summer of Fun 3. 

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Wishing you both a happy 43rd wedding anniversary tomorrow Mark and Susan.

anniversary-wishes.gif

Thank you for the anniversary wishes. 

7 hours ago, Lionesss said:

@h20skibum

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. 

August is a great month to have been married and celebrate all those yearly milestones. 

Congratulations!!!

Do not know why it won’t post your screen name. 

After I posted that it did. 

Thank you for the anniversary wishes. I hope you are keeping notes on what to do with your granddaughter. 

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Have a great time!  Happy 43rd  Anniversary to you and Susan, Mark!  Here's to so many more!!!!!  Enjoy!

Thank you for the wishes.  I hope we see many more. 

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Congratulations to you both. 

Thank you, Andrew. 

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Just 3? 🤔 🤣 🤣 🤣  Not sure if you recall, but I get 6 free per day. 😮

Have fun and Happy Anniversary.

Oh, we will be overloaded with fun on this anniversary. 

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy 43rd Anniversary. 💐 Cheers🍸🍸  What a nice surprise😃   The last time we were at USF was 2018 and I am sure a lot has changed in the last 5 yrs.    Have Fun!!   

Thank you.  I think the only thing left from our last time is ET and the Jaws shark. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Debbie, I will post this story again.  My friend's mother-in-law was 101, fell and broke her hip.  Doctor advised against surgery due to her advanced age.  Her 2 sons did not want their mother to live her remaining life stuck in a wheelchair in constant pain. Their mother was in complete agreement. Up until her fall she walked unaided; no cane, no rolator. So, against Doctor advisement she had the surgery.  After successful surgery, she went to rehab, then back to her Assisted Living facility where she lived happily, participating in activities until she passed away at the ripe old age of 107.  I wish your friend the same outcome.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1