Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’re busing getting ready for a big family trip to Disney coming up, preceded by a short cruise out of Port Canaveral.  This is pretty involved so I’ll try to keep it to the Cliff notes version.  
Andy and I are taking our two oldest grandsons (12 & 10) on a 3 night cruise on Independence of the Seas.  He and I fly to Orlando next Wednesday evening (was supposed to be Thursday morning but JetBlue stopped the early morning flights out of PVD and moved us to Weds).  Meeting up with our daughter & the boys Thursday morning at the airport.  We head to PC, staying at the Hampton Inn and board the ship Friday (she and the youngest are staying in Orlando visiting friends).  After disembarking Monday, we head to WDW where Andy & I have three quiet nights at the Polynesian while the boys are back with their Mom.  By Thursday, the rest of the family will have arrived and the 12 of us check into the Old Key West villa for a week.
The boys are very excited for their first cruise and we’re excited to experience it with them. 

Love OKW with the larger rooms then the newer resorts where the rooms seemed to have got smaller and smaller. 🙂

Loved the tv placement on the back side of the island where the whole room has a good view of the tv.

Last time there we had a villa that backed up to the canal where you could see the boats go by to drop off people at Disney Springs.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’re busing getting ready for a big family trip to Disney coming up, preceded by a short cruise out of Port Canaveral.  This is pretty involved so I’ll try to keep it to the Cliff notes version.  
Andy and I are taking our two oldest grandsons (12 & 10) on a 3 night cruise on Independence of the Seas.  He and I fly to Orlando next Wednesday evening (was supposed to be Thursday morning but JetBlue stopped the early morning flights out of PVD and moved us to Weds).  Meeting up with our daughter & the boys Thursday morning at the airport.  We head to PC, staying at the Hampton Inn and board the ship Friday (she and the youngest are staying in Orlando visiting friends).  After disembarking Monday, we head to WDW where Andy & I have three quiet nights at the Polynesian while the boys are back with their Mom.  By Thursday, the rest of the family will have arrived and the 12 of us check into the Old Key West villa for a week.
The boys are very excited for their first cruise and we’re excited to experience it with them. 

I am so excited for you all and can't wait to hear all about it!!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Don't look at me. I'm a lightweight in the alcohol department. 😆  🍹  But I like to try different drinks.  I will bring @John&LaLa's Drink List with me.  Can't wait to see you guys!  

Helen might say she's a lightweight in alcohol but she out drank me!  Ken @Ourusualbeach can verify!

She can also out dance anyone!

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

IMG_0433.thumb.jpeg.eed1555c629fa56ea7b551c008f1a8d6.jpeg

we are just landing in Istanbul

an hour early! I messaged our driver on What’s App and he said he’s already here. 😅 

IMG_0434.jpeg

Thanks for posting!  Looking forward to more pics!  I hope you and Nate have a safe and fun adventure!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That’s right, we fly to Orlando today to spend the week at Universal Studios Florida and the Islands of Adventure. 

It was 2002 when we were there.  The Royal Pacific Resort had just opened.  Staying there gave us passes to go to the front of the line on each ride.  We loved the park and hotel. A lot has changed since then.  I bet y'all will love it.  Have a great time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Tomorrow, Susan and I will celebrate our 43rd wedding anniversary.  

Since our grandson has been here the last few years, during our anniversary, we haven’t done anything special.  

This year, Susan told me she had something special planned.  She started dropping hints.  About sweating; about making me exhausted; about showing me something new!

That’s right, we fly to Orlando today to spend the week at Universal Studios Florida and the Islands of Adventure. 

Sweating ✔️

Exhausted ✔️

Something new ✔️

I mean, it has been almost 30 years since we were at USF, so there is plenty new.  That is also why we have been gearing up the last few days for the Harry Potter experience.  

Our grandson is excited, and has already been writing about it in his journal for the summer. 

At first I thought Susan's gift to you was membership in a health club but this trip is so much better!

@Momof3gurlzDeb, have a wonderful vacation with family as well as alone time with Andy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Really,  y'all are going to Disney?  😆 Hope you have a great time.  Do you plan to go on Tron?  It looks cool 😎

When we had annual passes we liked to cruise out of PC and spend a couple days at Disney. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Tomorrow, Susan and I will celebrate our 43rd wedding anniversary.  

Since our grandson has been here the last few years, during our anniversary, we haven’t done anything special.  

This year, Susan told me she had something special planned.  She started dropping hints.  About sweating; about making me exhausted; about showing me something new!

Sweating ✔️

Exhausted ✔️

Something new ✔️

I mean, it has been almost 30 years since we were at USF, so there is plenty new.  That is also why we have been gearing up the last few days for the Harry Potter experience.  

Our grandson is excited, and has already been writing about it in his journal for the summer. 

Wishing you both a happy 43rd wedding anniversary tomorrow Mark and Susan.

anniversary-wishes.gif

• Like 3

@h20skibum

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. 

August is a great month to have been married and celebrate all those yearly milestones. 

Congratulations!!!

Do not know why it won’t post your screen name. 

After I posted that it did. 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Helen might say she's a lightweight in alcohol but she out drank me!  Ken @Ourusualbeach can verify!

She can also out dance anyone!

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

She will absolutely out dance anyone

Oh, girl just wanna have fun!  🎶 🎵 🎶

As for the drinks though…I am a true lightweight.  I ask for little, little alcohol or make it a virgin.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, singinalot said:

IMG_0433.thumb.jpeg.eed1555c629fa56ea7b551c008f1a8d6.jpeg

we are just landing in Istanbul

an hour early! I messaged our driver on What’s App and he said he’s already here. 😅 

IMG_0434.jpeg

Wishing you and Nate a fantastic time on your trip.  Looking forward to your pictures!!!!

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

At first I thought Susan's gift to you was membership in a health club but this trip is so much better.

I guess unlike you , my mind must have went in the gutter on the 3 hints I saw. 😲

Sweating ✔️

Exhausted ✔️

Something new ✔️

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

This will be our hotel for the week. (Photo from Condè Nast Traveler)

IMG_6231.thumb.webp.8dde164837c4c9b679f5a7f0bc04f551.webp

Have a great time!  Happy 43rd  Anniversary to you and Susan, Mark!  Here's to so many more!!!!!  Enjoy!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Wow Deb!!  You and Andy are sure going to have a whirlwind, happy time with your family and your plans.  I can only imagine the giddiness your grandsons must be feeling (or is it a surprise?) about their first cruise!  Having the entire family together for a week at the Old Key West villa will be the topping on the cake!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I guess unlike you , my mind must have went in the gutter on the 3 hints I saw. 😲

Sweating ✔️

Exhausted ✔️

Something new ✔️

I know mine did. But I'm sure that was the intent so I don't feel bad or guilty. 😇😆

• Haha 7