Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Still celebrating Christmas with the 12 days of Christmas running till January 5th which is the Epiphany or 3 Kings da

I didn't post it here at the time but I had a mild bout with Covid right before Christmas. Nothing major, runny nose, sinus congestion, extreme tiredness.  Normally I would have written it off as a head cold but because I was around several others that later tested positive, I checked & sure enough I tested positive as well.  Self-isolated for 5 days and on the 6th day (Christmas Eve) I tested negative. Still, that was cutting it close & several member of my family are in the vulnerable high risk group  so I cancelled my Christmas Eve & Day plans. 

I'm perfectly fine now but trying to catch up with all those I missed, mostly on an individual basis since everyone has their own plans. Basically, I'm having a bunch of mini-Christmas right up thru MLK weekend, which is the next time my niece from PA will be up here. 

I'll keep the outside lights on thru Jan 6th and the inside fully decorated at least thru MLK weekend, maybe longer.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Well, my tree is down and most of the outside lights are away.  It always seems to go so fast and then it’s over.  I know it’s not officially over until the 6th but when I am done I am done🤪

Boo to you! 🙂

I'm slow to embrace the holiday season but slow to let it go. LOL. Often times, I don't put my trees up until 2 weeks before Christmas but will keep it up thru mid- or even end of January. Helps with the post-holiday blues, plus the house seems so empty & cold after undecorating. The way I see it, I'd rather have the tree up 4 weeks after the holidays than 4 weeks before. There is plenty of cheer before Christmas but need something afterwards during the dark gloomy days of Jan.

I know, its weird & I'm pretty sure I'm in the extreme minority.  Plus, I procrastinate. 🙂

• Like 11

33 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

don't put my trees up until 2 weeks before Christmas but will keep it up thru mid- or even end of January

Since we decorate very heavy with over 7 decorated trees I have everything set up by Thanksgiving. This year because of my knee replacement on November 3rd I had it all up by Halloween. It’s a lot of work so I take my time tearing it all down. I’ll start January 6th and it will take me at least a week to put everything away. I have to be careful this time with my hernia. Don’t want to rip it more open. 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Well so far 2924 sucks! Dishwasher just went out. It was 12 years old but never run hard. We always pre washed. The fridge went out last year. Don’t make things like they used to.

And I thought the song, "In the Year 2525" by Zager and Evans was way out there. 🤣

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

When the kids were little I used to put the tree up around December 20th, and left it up into January.  Now they make me put it up at the end of November, Sigh.

I have neighbors who have Christmas decorations on their windows every day of the year.

• Like 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Closer....

I’m a idiot. My mind is not with it today as I’m hurting. Going to be one of those days I think. I should go back to bed. Just got out of therapy and I’m exhausted and sore.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m a idiot. My mind is not with it today as I’m hurting. Going to be one of those days I think. I should go back to bed. Just got out of therapy and I’m exhausted and sore.

Lol, hardly an idiot. My fingers and this phone keyboard are often at odds with each other. Throw autocorrect into the mix and I am often surprised to see what I have posted.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Well so far 2924 sucks! Dishwasher just went out. It was 12 years old but never run hard. We always pre washed. The fridge went out last year. Don’t make things like they used to.

I bought my Maytag washer & dryer in 2016. Basic models, with large dials to twist for various settings & temperatures.  I only use 3 of the 12 settings & still trying to figure out the difference between the "Cold" and "Tap Cold" temp settings.  But I really had no need for the more advanced models with push buttons & menus to scroll thru.

But I digress, the salesman told me that if they last longer than 10 years, I'm ahead of the game. I asked if I buy one of the higher end units, would they last longer?  He was honest & answered nope. All you are doing is buying extra features, not extra longevity. 

We are 8 years in. I'll let you know in 2-3 years if the are sill running. 🙂

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

When the kids were little I used to put the tree up around December 20th, and left it up into January.  Now they make me put it up at the end of November, Sigh.

When I was real little, there were a few years where my parents didn't put up the tree until Dec 24th. Us kids would help, then go to bed only to be woken up in the middle of the night to find presents under the tree & we "just missed" seeing Santa. I was told this was an old German tradition (Mom was from Germany) but I'm pretty sure Dad just procrastinated & didn't buy the tree until the 23rd. Probably looking for a deal.😆

However, It was fun staying up all night opening presents & playing until we crashed just before sunrise. Going to church the next day was not fun.

Little did my parents realize they were creating a family of procrastinators & night owls. Or maybe they did. 😀

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Not to worry. Between autocorrect and my finger I have more than my share of flubs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Lol, hardly an idiot. My fingers and this phone keyboard are often at odds with each other. Throw autocorrect into the mix and I am often surprised to see what I have posted.

Not to make any more excuses but I also wasn’t wearing my glasses when I did those two posts.

Still I need to proofread.

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I bought my Maytag washer & dryer in 2016. Basic models, with large dials to twist for various settings & temperatures.  I only use 3 of the 12 settings & still trying to figure out the difference between the "Cold" and "Tap Cold" temp settings.  But I really had no need for the more advanced models with push buttons & menus to scroll thru.

But I digress, the salesman told me that if they last longer than 10 years, I'm ahead of the game. I asked if I buy one of the higher end units, would they last longer?  He was honest & answered nope. All you are doing is buying extra features, not extra longevity. 

We are 8 years in. I'll let you know in 2-3 years if the are sill running. 🙂

Appliances used to last a long time not any more. I’ve been told to not expect more than t10 years on major appliances. My parents refrigerator lasted over 25 years.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

When I was real little, there were a few years where my parents didn't put up the tree until Dec 24th. Us kids would help, then go to bed only to be woken up in the middle of the night to find presents under the tree & we "just missed" seeing Santa. I was told this was an old German tradition (Mom was from Germany) but I'm pretty sure Dad just procrastinated & didn't buy the tree until the 23rd. Probably looking for a deal.😆

However, It was fun staying up all night opening presents & playing until we crashed just before sunrise. Going to church the next day was not fun.

Little did my parents realize they were creating a family of procrastinators & night owls. Or maybe they did. 😀

That’s how my German Uncle’s house always did it. Santa brought the tree and the gifts after dinner. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I know how that is.  I did not sleep well last night, went to therapy this morning and I to am exhausted.   I could hardly make it back to the car!  And now I have an eye appointment in an hour.   I am seeing double out of my right eye..... and no drinking!

• Like 4

My May cruise goes to Cocoa Cay.  What I was thinking for that day is to go to the Chill Island section.  We just want a chair in the shade, access to food, drink, bathrooms and maybe some snorkeling.  Does this sound like the right area for that?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Not to worry. Between autocorrect and my finger I have more than my share of flubs. 

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Not to make any more excuses but I also wasn’t wearing my glasses when I did those two posts.

Still I need to proofread.

I probably have the most typo's & grammar errors of anyone. No excuse, just lazy, don't proofread & sometimes don't even pay attention if I have the TV on or get interrupted mid-post.

Sometimes I'm embarrassed when I see my own mistakes long after it's too late to correct. Then again, sometimes it's fun to see if people can figure out what I meant.

I subscribe to the "It was hard to write so it should be hard to read" theory.

😃

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My brain or lack of is always thinking a lot faster than my two fingers can type. 

6 minutes ago, Keksie said:

My May cruise goes to Cocoa Cay.  What I was thinking for that day is to go to the Chill Island section.  We just want a chair in the shade, access to food, drink, bathrooms and maybe some snorkeling.  Does this sound like the right area for that?

You could always get a cabana at the Coco Beach Club. They are listed in my cruise planner for Odyssey in February for $2899.... as if that is going to happen. 

• Haha 11

14 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That is my New Year's resolution, to stop procrastinating.  I am starting it next week. You should join me.

I'll let you know....later. 😉

My New Year Resolution was to stop making New Years Resolutions, which I guess I broke right away.   I wonder if that'll get me into the Guinness Book of World Records for fastest breaking of NY Resolutions.

• Haha 5