Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Which Samsung phone did you have and what did you not like about it?

It's been a while since I had my Samsung phone...I don't know which it was, but terrible pictures, for starters.  My Samsung pad gave me grief when I would type on it.  It's been sitting in a drawer for quite some time now.  I'm much happier with my Chrome book.

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Snow coming on Sunday. I'm not happy.

Starting here Saturday night. 5-8 inches are expected. If I just move 30-45 minutes south, to the other side of the rain/snow line (nearer to the coast), it would only be a slushy coating to 2 inches.

I guess I should knock the cobwebs off the snow blower, chase away any mice that might be living inside it & add some fresh gas to the year old stale gas and spend the next 1-2 hour trying to start it while black smoke bellows out.  All the while cursing my life's choices and insisting that next year I'll do things the right way. 😄 

Having an electric start does make it easier as long as I don't burn it out.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Snow coming on Sunday. I'm not happy.

We've been watching the East Coast weather from here in Michigan.  We fly into Baltimore tomorrow and get on our ship on Saturday.  No idea if I should pack a winter coat or a rain coat???  😄

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Their Flat Screen Tv's are great, appliances is another story.

Opposite for me. 3 of 4 Samsung flat screen TV's failed to make it past 3 years.  However, the 4th one a Plasma model is still going strong after 10 years with the exception of some blotchiness along the edges that seems to be slowly spreading especially with bright colors, Pixels are probably failing.  I should've asked Santa for a new TV hopefully there will be some good Super Bowl sales & I can replace it with an LG model.

My Samsung refrigerator is also going on 10 years old, never had an issue, except for the ice maker/water dispenser is not strong enough to pull from water line under the sink. A non-issue for me.  Basic model with no electronics.

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Speaking of flights…..

Our daughter and her family did not have the best end to their vacation.  I dropped them off for their direct flight on SW to Pittsburgh last night.  So I go to the flight aware website later, to check on their progress home, and the flight had disappeared from the screen.  

I did some more searching, and found that their flight had been diverted to Nashville.  That is not exactly on a direct line between Ft. Lauderdale and Pittsburgh.  

The official explanation for diverting the flight was that Pittsburgh was experiencing icing, and the engine anti-icing system was not working.  Who schedules a plane going to Pittsburgh in January, with a non working system?

They did get on another SW plane, but didn’t get home till 2am.  So now, grandkids are back to school this morning, probably falling asleep.  Daughter had to get up early, and is already in Cleveland for her second cancer vaccine shot. And, Susan and I are tired from being awake most of the night and early this morning, checking to see if they made it everywhere they needed to be.  

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Apparently...Southwest.

I've never flown Southwest.  After seeing several things posted here about them, I don't think I really want to.  I'll stay with Delta, even if it means paying a little more.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Every Samsung product I’ve ever owned was horrible and never lasted. I know others who love Samsung but I will never own any of their products. 

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I like their phones and ear buds a lot. I don't care for their TVs or other appliances 

38 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Their Flat Screen Tv's are great, appliances is another story.

I'm with Jimbo on this one.  We have several of their TVs and have had good luck with them.  Refrigerators are a completely different story.  Never again.  Add us to the list of Maytag users when it comes to washers and dryers.

Edit: I wish more Meile appliances were more broadly available in the US.  Love our Meile vacuum cleaner. 

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've never flown Southwest.  After seeing several things posted here about them, I don't think I really want to.  I'll stay with Delta, even if it means paying a little more.

Southwest used to be pretty great from Providence with plenty of non-stop flights to various destinations, especially to Florida. However, now they are using Baltimore (BWI) as a hub and most everything is connecting through there. I really dislike it. It also seems to me like BWI is prone to weather issues. They get a problem and you are screwed even if FLL and PVD are perfectly clear.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

It's been a while since I had my Samsung phone...I don't know which it was, but terrible pictures, for starters.  My Samsung pad gave me grief when I would type on it.  It's been sitting in a drawer for quite some time now.  I'm much happier with my Chrome book.

I have had the opposite experience on my Samsung phone, so I am with OB on this. I love my S21. Excellent pictures and no regrets. Absolutely no desire to move to Apple.

And, I have been meaning to say this: Welcome back to Florida. I read that you did not have a great drive down, but now you are here and toasting while NJ is freezing.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

We've been watching the East Coast weather from here in Michigan.  We fly into Baltimore tomorrow and get on our ship on Saturday.  No idea if I should pack a winter coat or a rain coat???  😄

Have a safe flight and a wonderful cruise. We leave on Sunday on the Wonder.  I wonder if our ships are in any port on the same day!

Wear your winter coat, that way you don't have to pack it. Baltimore is cold.

Where is your cruise?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Your trip to Ft. Myers sounds exciting.  How big is the boat you will be staying on?  Will we be seeing you on a Below Deck episode?  (Lol..jk😁). I've never heard of Gasparillo Island, but Jim said that he has, but knows nothing about it.  I'll have to Google it.

Actually, anywhere in and around Florida is beautiful.iMO.

Will you be getting the snow that's being forecast?  My grandchildren would love to have a snowstorm, but I don't believe our part of Jersey will be getting any, but it's anyone's guess.

I am little unsure/nervous about staying at my Boss's house and boat - we have known each for years and we all get along great but it will be a bit odd or different to stay with them.   This is in lieu of our 11 night Anthem sailing that we had booked for 1/18 but cancelled due to Yeshiva week.   

I do not recall the exact size of their boat - it is a Catamaran style boat somewhere around 45 to 50' long with 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, full kitchen, living room, outdoor hot tub, etc.   He purchased a new one last year after the hurricane hit that area and previous boat needed lots of repairs and updating.

Hopefully the 4 of us do not end up with drama like below deck😁

Their boat does have Starlink but we don't have to pay a daily fee for Voom.  🤣

I will make sure to take photos and upload here.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am little unsure/nervous about staying at my Boss's house and boat - we have known each for years and we all get along great but it will be a bit odd or different to stay with them.   This is in lieu of our 11 night Anthem sailing that we had booked for 1/18 but cancelled due to Yeshiva week.   

I do not recall the exact size of their boat - it is a Catamaran style boat somewhere around 45 to 50' long with 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, full kitchen, living room, outdoor hot tub, etc.   He purchased a new one last year after the hurricane hit that area and previous boat needed lots of repairs and updating.

Hopefully the 4 of us do not end up with drama like below deck😁

Their boat does have Starlink but we don't have to pay a daily fee for Voom.  🤣

I will make sure to take photos and upload here.

Yes, we want pictures.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have an LG OLED television. I can't remember how old it is now but I really like it and no regrets about the purchase.

Just my opinion (as yours) based on a crappy set of LG washer and dryer that we no longer own. Yeah! At least I'll agree with you on Samsung phones. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Pack a winter coat that is waterproof.   Never know what the weather will be when you disembark (sorry I said that word before you even embarked).

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Have a safe flight and a wonderful cruise. We leave on Sunday on the Wonder.  I wonder if our ships are in any port on the same day!

Wear your winter coat, that way you don't have to pack it. Baltimore is cold.

Where is your cruise?

it's a 13 night on Vision.  We visit San Juan, St. Croix, Martinique (first time there), Barbados, St. Lucia & St. Kitts.  Have a great time on Wonder.  Safe travels.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Finally getting around to it to let y’all know.

IMG_3456.thumb.jpeg.1095b7e8bf7eb7bf2b2539685e2664b2.jpeg

DS1 is expecting their first 3/15/2024

IMG_6756.thumb.jpeg.e0e4e8441a96b9be2bf1c82a1c5316eb.jpeg DS2 is expecting their first also, 4/8/2024. They surprised us with this little onesie in the mail when we got back from our British Isles, Greenland/Iceland cruise in August.

DS1 is expecting a boy

DS2 is expecting a girl

• Like 28

Saw the movie "The Iron Claw" last night. A true story about the Von Erich wrestling family - Dad & 4 sons, set in 1980's Texas.  I've never heard of them but apparently they are very famous in the wrestling world. It's not really a wrestling sport movie but more of a story of how the 4 brothers interact with each other & their Dad. My friend told me not to look anything up about the family before watching the movie & I'm glad I didn't as it would spoil the full impact.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, ValerieJo said:

it's a 13 night on Vision.  We visit San Juan, St. Croix, Martinique (first time there), Barbados, St. Lucia & St. Kitts.  Have a great time on Wonder.  Safe travels.

Nice itinerary.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Finally getting around to it to let y’all know.

IMG_3456.thumb.jpeg.1095b7e8bf7eb7bf2b2539685e2664b2.jpeg

DS1 is expecting their first 3/15/2024

IMG_6756.thumb.jpeg.e0e4e8441a96b9be2bf1c82a1c5316eb.jpeg DS2 is expecting their first also, 4/8/2024. They surprised us with this little onesie in the mail when we got back from our British Isles, Greenland/Iceland cruise in August.

DS1 is expecting a boy

DS2 is expecting a girl

Congratulations Helen and Marty.  Love the pictures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1