Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are being hit with bad news today.  First, Charlie’s sister died after a long battle with Alzheimer’s.  Now my friend from Michigan called to let us know her husband is in the hospital with liver and esophagus problems.  They inserted a feeding tube and did biopsies.  We are praying for all.

I’m so sorry to read this bad news.

We pray for the best outcome for your friend in Michigan and send hugs to you and Charlie.  Alzheimer’s is a devastating illness, for those that have it and their family members.

• Like 6

Thank you Andrew.  It really is a sad disease.  Our Michigan friends we met in Atlantic City over fifteen years ago and became close right away.  They were there for me when my mom was killed and we saw them often as they flew in every two months to AC.  We are constantly FaceTiming and messaging.  I know this is how life is but I don’t have to like it.😢

• Like 9

We are being hit with bad news today.  First, Charlie’s sister died after a long battle with Alzheimer’s.  Now my friend from Michigan called to let us know her husband is in the hospital with liver and esophagus problems.  They inserted a feeding tube and did biopsies.  We are praying for all.

Sorry that your family is going through some more hard times.😔

• Like 2

Just now, Jimbo said:

If they go with option#1 , that means May 9th, May 27, June 7th cruises are all canceled.

How  are the refunds for those people handled, Cruise fare, Flights and Hotels?

Oops Jimbo, this is the daily thread not world cruise one. 

• Like 2

So sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. My mother had a long battle with Alzheimer's too. Awful disease , I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

So sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. My mother had a long battle with Alzheimer's too. Awful disease , I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

So did one of my grandfathers. It was just awful what the disease turned him in to.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

I think one of the saddest things is in the beginning they know what’s happening to them.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just keep your eye on them. We all want @Tree_skier back safe and sound.

Looks like they are heading in the right direction so far.................😉 going to need to pick up the speed though...........

•  Year of built2001
  •  Length (LOA)311 m / 1020 ft
  •  Passengers4058
  •  DestinationLAB
  •  ETAFebruary 18, 07:00
  •  Speed8 kn / 15 km/h
min: 60 °F (15 °C) / max: 79 °F (26 °C)72°F
22°C
Wind: 150°/ 6.4 m/s  Gust: 8.1 m/sWind: 150°/ 6.4 m/s  Gust: 8.1 m/sMod. breeze
6.4 m/s
Waves height: 0.6 mCalm
0.6 m

image.thumb.png.2fbe95bc9448aedaf0ad0d72a6357682.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Oppenheimer is now streaming on peacock, really good movie.

Thanks! I missed the Barbenheimer craze last summer. I finally caught the Barbie movie on MAX this past January & now I'll watch Oppenheimer this weekend. Then I'll finally be caught up on my summer viewing.  Just finished "Who is Erin Carter?" as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Nothing better than an Old Fashioned in a Schooner Bar!  Was this your first drink?  I usually start with a Miami Vice and the Old Fashioneds don't happen until before dinner.

No, third. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

wrong thread

I hate when that happens. 🤣

22 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Oops Jimbo, this is the daily thread not world cruise one. 

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe he has become the Navigation officer on Adventure for this week.

19 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

@Jimbo I think you need a rest!

Is there any drama over on the WC thread? I haven't check in on it since they went around the cape. Started to get a little........mundane, for lack of a better word.

Edit: Strictly my opinion, of course. I'm sure its not mundane for those on the cruise or avid WC followers.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Thanks! I missed the Barbenheimer craze last summer. I finally caught the Barbie movie on MAX this past January & now I'll watch Oppenheimer this weekend. Then I'll finally be caught up on my summer viewing.  Just finished "Who is Erin Carter?" as well

My wife saw Barbie in the movies, I am a big fan of the cast but could only watch about ten minutes of the movie , not meant for. 70 plus year old man 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, George C said:

My wife saw Barbie in the movies, I am a big fan of the cast but could only watch about ten minutes of the movie , not meant for. 70 plus year old man 😁

I found it enjoyable but glad I didn't spend movie theater money on it. 🙂   Felt the same as you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

My condolences to you and your family for the passing of Charlie’s sister.  Also adding prayers for your good friend.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1