Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The last time I saw Pirates they were selling 🌽 corn.  They sold it for a buccaneer.   I told the corn how good it looks and the corn replied,  Ah shucks!

Some of your dad jokes (or are they pop-corn jokes?)  are a bit on the corny side but I still think you are an a-maize-ing person! And I'm not trying to butter you up
😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 17

2 hours ago, George C said:

Our kitties 

image.thumb.jpeg.bb582cf5f68dc7f6979e706c70db4080.jpeg

Totally adorable.

Have you picked out names yet? I think Simon and Garfunkel would be appropriate for a music lover like you.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The California Lighthouse!

As you are a fan of lighthouses and sunrise pictures, why not combine the two? Note: one of the few times I woke up to watch a sunrise. Usually if I see a sunrise, it's when I'm heading to bed. 😁

LH1.thumb.jpg.d861672edad0f29cf11eae71a2ab2d76.jpg

LH2.thumb.jpg.dc26c39d8d4e151d64b9bcfa7d084d84.jpg

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 21

42 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Totally adorable.

Have you picked out names yet? I think Simon and Garfunkel would be appropriate for a music lover like you.

I am leaning towards Bob and Dylan but we haven’t made us our minds . So much fun , this is our first time to have two males kittens , previously we had a male and a female . Also these definitely seem to be from same litter. 

• Like 12

We had one full day in Amsterdam before the cruise.  So we took a trip to the Zaanse Schans, which is a unique part of the Netherlands.  It is a residential area that depicts life from the 18th & 19th centuries.  There are still people that live here.  There are museums, mills, barns, the Verkade Chocolate Experience, Weaver’s House, workshops where people practice traditional crafts, shops and restaurants.  You can easily spend the whole day here.

IMG_4859.thumb.jpeg.44639b384a4796f01154772fbce9806b.jpeg

IMG_4865.thumb.jpeg.1a183f18c58eee900496d21e9270a7a8.jpeg

Cheese Factory

IMG_4871.thumb.jpeg.734073359fffda70971a5752aa8a4ba0.jpeg

IMG_4874.thumb.jpeg.187c85d3e084f44c6294b5373733bff3.jpeg

Pigment Mill

IMG_4882.thumb.jpeg.fc6d917fbf2d075f5fb4f4a1c7140310.jpeg

IMG_4890.thumb.jpeg.22ef1c9e93129c16d4d65aa5f3bd1045.jpeg

Oil Mill- Flaxseed in the barrel

IMG_4896.thumb.jpeg.df98bd9a347625e058590969c00eafb3.jpeg

IMG_4903.thumb.jpeg.f190916df5b3f5a5d447d77a9fe317cd.jpeg

Saw Mill

IMG_4905.thumb.jpeg.17a5b986667ec0f94ebceb8ae246ee3c.jpeg

IMG_4910.thumb.jpeg.a9c32d811a12315ca3974cf45e2c05eb.jpeg

IMG_4914.thumb.jpeg.3735166a658579446d57e3b51b429c86.jpeg

IMG_4924.thumb.jpeg.340a58f7e43f08845695070af45edc83.jpeg

IMG_4946.thumb.jpeg.074612cb4d72c194cd50866000910a05.jpeg

IMG_4952.thumb.jpeg.7af29cd7465258f109e58e3d388d979a.jpeg

IMG_4962.thumb.jpeg.fe992b80699c6e16345570852cc42dea.jpeg

IMG_4963.thumb.jpeg.02535a7de8005e9366c9a0297feaecdf.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

@FromSea2ShiningSea  Helen, was this a tour you did on your own, or through a company?  I'll be in Amsterdam for three days next month. 

Pat, we went on our own.  Will you be taking public transportation while you are there?  We took the metro and then the city bus.  Google Maps or your hotel concierge can help you with your route.  Amsterdam is such a great place to visit.  Are you going on a cruise?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Pat, we went on our own.  Will you be taking public transportation while you are there?  We took the metro and then the city bus.  Google Maps or your hotel concierge can help you with your route.  Amsterdam is such a great place to visit.  Are you going on a cruise?

Thanks.  Yes, I'm boarding the Serenade OTS for the final leg of their World Cruise.  I was on a leg at the beginning (Buenos Aires to Los Angeles) and know some people that have been on for the entire cruise.  It will be fun to catch up.

• Like 14

19 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks,Debbie but it is not likely.He is starting PT this afternoon.He is unable to urinate because he can not move his hind legs.My daughter and her husband will likely have someone come to their home to work with him.

I imagine he has to be re-trained on all daily activities and how to go potty without lifting up a leg.  

Someone I used to work with had a dog with a wheelchair.  It didn't stop him from living life.  He was full of energy and ran around all the time playing fetch, etc.   

That is Great that everyone is going to work with. 

Is your GS dog a small or large dog?

• Like 4

14 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Wow!  A whale breached off of Rye Beach, New Hampshire this morning and capsized a boat!  No one hurt but the video is crazy.

https://www.wmtw.com/article/incredible-video-breaching-whale-lands-boat-new-hampshire/61679090

Wow!  Glad to hear noone was hurting including the whale.  

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

As you are a fan of lighthouses and sunrise pictures, why not combine the two? Note: one of the few times I woke up to watch a sunrise. Usually if I see a sunrise, it's when I'm heading to bed. 😁

LH1.thumb.jpg.d861672edad0f29cf11eae71a2ab2d76.jpg

LH2.thumb.jpg.dc26c39d8d4e151d64b9bcfa7d084d84.jpg

Very nice! As far as sunrises when on cruises, if I were not out of bed and up on deck before the sun came up I would be so angry with myself.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Very nice! As far as sunrises when on cruises, if I were not out of bed and up on deck before the sun came up I would be so angry with myself.

Same here.  When at sea or at the beach I get upset if I miss sunrise.  Eric more of a sunset guy.  I love both.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Thanks.  Yes, I'm boarding the Serenade OTS for the final leg of their World Cruise.  I was on a leg at the beginning (Buenos Aires to Los Angeles) and know some people that have been on for the entire cruise.  It will be fun to catch up.

The beginning and end legs would have been my pick too.  Enjoy😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Did you climb to the top? The view is amazing.

No had just enough time to look around a bit before we were off to our next stop.  Saw a lot of the island day, fun way to get around.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Some of us prefer sunsets 😁😁😁

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

In all seriousness, while I am a night owl & sleep in-ish kinda guy, it's been years since I've stayed up late enough to see the sunrise.  And I really don't sleep in as much as I used to as I figure I've spent big bucks on vacation, I'm not going to sleep it away.

There may be a night or two where life in the fast lane catches up to me & I'll crash early.  The following day is when I usually might catch a glimpse of the sunrise, all bleary-eye in my PJ's from my balcony.🫣

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I imagine he has to be re-trained on all daily activities and how to go potty without lifting up a leg.  

Someone I used to work with had a dog with a wheelchair.  It didn't stop him from living life.  He was full of energy and ran around all the time playing fetch, etc.   

That is Great that everyone is going to work with. 

Is your GS dog a small or large dog?

My granddog is a very small dog .He has to do something called Express Pea.That requires someone to physically assist him .Tonight he is having Laser treatment on his paralyzed legs.My daughter has a serious cardiac condition and was in the local ER all night.She also somehow developed Covid .I was just talking to her by phone .I could barely talk because I am so worried about her.

• Like 5

9 days!!! How did that happen??

Not great planning on my part to spend the next 5 days in a mountain cabin with NO cell or internet service.  Looks like I'm going to have a very busy 4 days in between doing last minute stuff.

EDIT: 3 days running around & 1 travel day.

upcomimgcruise.thumb.jpg.eef95cf7de350cd1ebf97a3b2eb61a47.jpg

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 12

Today is my birthday.I am 81 years old.I have been receiving phone calls,texts and e-mails from friends and neighbors all morning .Most do not know about Beuk (my granddog) .I told my family that I do not want to celebrate till Beuk gets better.

My family asked me to thank all those who offered good wishes and or prayers.

Lenny

• Like 22