Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

34 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Wow! You are only 8 years older than I am, and I still have a 14 year-old at home. 😂 (We got a late start.)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting!

A close friend of mines children are younger than my Grandchildren.   I get that a lot. 🙂 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’ve been trying to catch up, I’m so far behind. It’s almost 11:30pm in Amsterdam and we board the Jewel tomorrow. Ugh, can’t sleep!

Have a great time!

On 8/3/2024 at 9:10 AM, Arzeena said:

So cute!

I remember those Royal logo towels!

Furniture is only a couple of years old, but we keep towels on them. When we come inside and are sweaty I prefer to be sitting on fabric than on leather. The towels work great.

On 8/3/2024 at 9:50 AM, Sea Dog said:

I love the Santa purse.

I thought you might. Linda needs one. They have a cute Christmas tree and a snowman.

https://www.maryfrances.com/products/festive-fir-crossbody-handbag

https://www.maryfrances.com/products/ice-breaker-crossbody-handbag

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’ve been trying to catch up, I’m so far behind. It’s almost 11:30pm in Amsterdam and we board the Jewel tomorrow. Ugh, can’t sleep!

How exciting. Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I hope you have an amazing cruise starting tomorrow on Jewel of the seas Renee.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I've been off the thread for a bit.  Life has intruded on pleasure for a couple of months now but I'm all caught up now.

Happy birthday to @FromSea2ShiningSea Helen.  

There has been very big news in the Tree_skier household...  

I am going to be a great grand father...   That's right, at the ripe old age of 59 I will see the 4th generation of my lineage enter the world.

They said they were gong to wait but here we are...  Everyone is ecstatic.  I've started calling my daughter grandma. 🤣

74459605257__0659DC78-E720-4F15-8EE7-3CA847C575C7.jpeg

That is exciting news, Dave!  Congratulations to you and the family!  This little one will be a great addition to your beautiful family.  I am so happy for you all.  Marty couldn’t help but notice the “Kaiser Fresno OB GYN” on the ultrasound photo.  👍 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

@Ozark_Kid John, I’m so sorry to hear about the passing of your dr. How have you been lately? Hugs, Renee

Thanks for asking and thanks for the hugs!

I have good days and bad. Today was good!  I am hoping to have more good than bad so we make it to Utopia September 30th. 

I heard yesterday that a new doctor is coming to town and my old doctor's nurse will be his nurse.  The nurse is my PT's MIL.  That, along with other avenues, will give me a good idea if I would try to get the new doctor as my new family doctor!

I hope the Utopia cruise goes well.  It will give us a little more idea if we will be able to do Bella 2.  I have learned a lot can change in a few months. 

• Like 17

On 8/8/2024 at 11:55 AM, Sea Dog said:

They do look fun but not at that expense. A good Tiki Bar is better. The renovated Mai Kai in Fort Lauderdale is set to open back up this fall. The Mai Kai was on of the most famous tiki bars in the country.

We’ve been waiting a couple of years for it to reopen. They keep pushing back the opening date. I hope this is the last time. At one of the rum festivals that we help our friends out, Beach Bum Berry was doing a seminar there. We got to help batch the drinks in the kitchen. This was before he wrote his book. Fun times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

We’ve been waiting a couple of years for it to reopen. They keep pushing back the opening date. I hope this is the last time. At one of the rum festivals that we help our friends out, Beach Bum Berry was doing a seminar there. We got to help batch the drinks in the kitchen. This was before he wrote his book. Fun times.

Wow! I am a huge Beach Bum Berry fan. I am actually drinking his Zombie recipe right now.

Cheers!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Have a great time!

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

How exciting. Have a great cruise!

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I hope you have an amazing cruise starting tomorrow on Jewel of the seas Renee.

6 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@ReneeFLL Bon Voyage to you and Mike!

Thanks everyone. I’m so ready to get back on a cruise. I’m finally caught up and it’s 2:30am. The alarm goes off in about 6 hours. Guess I should try to get some sleep. 🤣

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

@Sea Dog sorry you missed a week’s worth of outings due to illness.  We only get to watch a hour or two of the Olympics each evening after work so our viewing has been limited.  What events have you enjoyed watching the most?

The kayaking & the high jump have been my favourites so far.  I missed the swimming, gymnastics and pole vault - which are usually my favourite events to watch.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have good days and bad. Today was good!  I am hoping to have more good than bad so we make it to Utopia September 30th. 

I heard yesterday that a new doctor is coming to town and my old doctor's nurse will be his nurse.  The nurse is my PT's MIL.  That, along with other avenues, will give me a good idea if I would try to get the new doctor as my new family doctor!

I hope the Utopia cruise goes well.  It will give us a little more idea if we will be able to do Bella 2.  I have learned a lot can change in a few months. 

Wishing you many more good days ahead. Hoping you get the dr you are wanting.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks everyone. I’m so ready to get back on a cruise. I’m finally caught up and it’s 2:30am. The alarm goes off in about 6 hours. Guess I should try to get some sleep. 🤣

Bon Voyage!

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Perfect vacation timing.

I remember a couple years ago my hubby had a tear and they put a protective cover into his eye similar to a contact lense.  That really helped as they said the tear would have gotten larger with every blink.   

Best wishes to your wife for a quick recovery and a great vacation.🍹🍹

TY!  She has a bandage lense on that goes until Sunday.  She has a backup bandage lense to use as well.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Made it to my daughter’s house in Cincinnati safely. Had a few rough miles thru the Debby rain in South Carolina Wednesday afternoon but otherwise non-eventful. I forgot what it’s like being in a house with a kitten. Everything is a toy, including bare feet. No matter you go or what you do, Merlin is there. You can practically hear him saying, “whatcha doin?”  Every morning is wrestle time with my daughter’s other 4 year old cat Onyxia (aka Stinky, aka The Stink). Stinky always runs out of gas first. 

We crossed paths!  Just went past cincinnati earlier on the way to Nashville.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Have a great cruise!  Looking forward to some pics!

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am glad to hear about the good days. I really hope you will join us on Bella 2. I will have you in my thoughts.

22 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sea Dog sorry you missed a week’s worth of outings due to illness.  We only get to watch a hour or two of the Olympics each evening after work so our viewing has been limited.  What events have you enjoyed watching the most?

The kayaking & the high jump have been my favourites so far.  I missed the swimming, gymnastics and pole vault - which are usually my favourite events to watch.

I like watching everything. Today I watched basketball, beach volleyball, track, synchronized swimming and even some wrestling. I ran track in high school as a sprinter so I love watching the speedsters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Ella’s Restaurant drinks & apps.  Margarita pizza, meatballs and steak fries.  Trace old fashioned and Nelson Bros for me.

We intended to hit a honky tonk bar or something tonight but DW’s eye is not up to it.  We drove down broadway street to catch the vibe instead. Wow!  It’s wild down here.  Didn’t realize there’s a Titans preseason game here tomorrow either.

Stopped into CorkDorks beer, wine liquor.  Wow it’s like an adult candy store!  Bought 3 bottles and wanted many more.

IMG_3488.thumb.jpeg.7b8d4fb293976e7287f39c0e6e7bbab5.jpeg

• Like 9