Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And if by some chance the card suppliers do lose money on people like me then I guess I have to thank the folks who subsidize my economic management style.

That's how I feel about people who spend extra money on bigger rooms on cruises... they're subsidizing my tiny cheap inside room!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Even if you pay off your credit card balance in full every month (I certainly do!), the credit card companies are not losing money from your account.  They make money from transaction fees paid by the merchants/companies you’ve made charges with.  That’s why some businesses offer a 3% (or whatever) discount if you pay in cash…or tack on a 3% fee to use a credit card…so they are not having to pay the transaction fees.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

So very sorry to hear your news John.  Charlie’s health woes have kept us from cruising and it looks like Atlantic City will be done with soon.  He has trouble walking among other things, so can sort of know how you feel.  Your wonderful wife and family are a great blessing❤️

Same here for us , also.  The walking is getting to be too much for my husband .  No more cruising for us either. Unfortunately, we are supposed to be on a ship right now and that cruise obviously was paid in full when we canceled. I doubt the insurance company will reimburse us for it and the nonrefundable deposits on two other cruises.  

Dani , I would have let you know by e-mail about Wonder 2/2 but I know you are in Amsterdam with limited e-mail access . 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

John, I am so sorry that you and Sharon had to make the decision that this was to be your last cruise.  I love Ken's suggestion of us getting together to FaceTime with you, our dear friend!❤️

@Ozark_Kid

John, echoing the many words of sympathy from others, that's making me very very SAD 😢 😢

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Ozark_Kid I echo everyone else's sentiments on this thread.  

My mom and dad cruised almost 40 times, about 35 of them on Royal, so I saw them enjoying the sea quite often (as an aside, one running joke was that because my birthday is December 11th, and that was usually a time for prime deals, more often than not my birthday greeting was from a Royal ship phone and consisted of "Hey Lar, this call is costing us $15 a minute, happy birthday, we love you...click" 🤣).

Anyway, after my dad had some carotid blockages in 2007 and then slowly his health got a little worse, cruising wasn't the same for them.  He rarely got off the ship anymore, and it was harder and harder to have an enjoyable cruise.  His last cruise was to Alaska we all took together in 2009, and then he made the same difficult choice.  My heart goes out to you and I hope this decision allows you to have some extra beautiful time with your entire family!!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Very sad that 1 yr later this is still going on.  Sounds like a great idea for DS1 to stay at your place.   Hopefully you can stay in Amsterdam for longer then planned.  😊

@Sunshine3601

Thank you, Debbie. I wish I could, but in all fairness we have to leave our temporary "abode" here to make room for our DIL's, who are arriving immediately after we leave.... They also do no have a shelter in their old house, and are really looking forward to a respite from the air raids.

Beside, Israel is in a kind of aerial "siege" -- all the foreign airlines have cancelled their flights, at least until the end of October. Only the Israelis ones are flying and tickets are scarce. We're lucky that we all bought our tickets a long time ago.

44 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Same here for us , also.  The walking is getting to be too much for my husband .  No more cruising for us either. 

Dani , I would have let you know by e-mail about Wonder 2/2 but I know you are in Amsterdam with limited e-mail access . 

@NHProud

Judy, I'm so very sorry that you had to cancel your present cruise and the subsequent ones, including our much anticipated Bella 2.

I was so looking forward to finally meet you and Steve in person and not just emailing....

Just before flying out I've "taken the plunge" and made final payment for the Bella cruise.

Hope to make it, and very sad that John @Ozark_Kid and you had to cancel for health reasons 😢

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Adorable❤️. What is her name?

Her name is Halo.  She came from a family of 11 kids. She is a Golden Doodle. Finnley's dog, Millie, gets along well with her.  Millie is a Standard Poodle 🐩 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

+ 1 @Ozark_Kid &  I was wondering if you had anything you would like us to post photos of for you?  OB gets lighthouses and Greg gets the ship lines, liquor and Christmas….Is there anything specific that we can share that can brighten your day? or you would like us to post photos of that you can share with your gorgeous grandkids?

Thanks for asking.  I love just about all cruise pics.  I love seeing how people are enjoying life.  On the Bella cruise I am sure I will love seeing the group gatherings. 

A great friend helped me think of what pics I love the most.  Pics of God's beautiful creation.  I learned this on a cruise I thought I would like the least but ended up my favorite.   The Alaska cruise.  I can't handle cold and wondered how I would enjoy Alaska.  I'm on our deck right now, it's 69⁰, and I'm cold!  After experiencing the snow capped mountainous views and other sites I loved it.

Hawaii became a close second. When you see the beauty of nature it strengthen your faith. 

Sunrise and sunset pics, when they add colors to the clouds, are a favorite. I would say that is a favorite that most cruising can take.  I have seen balcony pics at night when the moon is so bright it lights things up.

Sharon and I planned to travel the world.   She retired right before all shut down. When things opened back up our dreams opened back up.  Let me say this, enjoy your adventures while you can.

I am still enjoying life. This visitor helps!

image.thumb.png.04b5c82a90a5100e8744506c339b6212.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

@dani negreanu Thank you,  Dani , for your kind words . I’m sorry , we won’t get to meet you and A . Our husbands would have gotten along very well.  Have fun on Bella 2 and hope to see loads of photos.  Think of you often and stay safe . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks for asking.  I love just about all cruise pics.  I love seeing how people are enjoying life.  On the Bella cruise I am sure I will love seeing the group gatherings. 

A great friend helped me think of what pics I love the most.  Pics of God's beautiful creation.  I learned this on a cruise I thought I would like the least but ended up my favorite.   The Alaska cruise.  I can't handle cold and wondered how I would enjoy Alaska.  I'm on our deck right now, it's 69⁰, and I'm cold!  After experiencing the snow capped mountainous views and other sites I loved it.

Hawaii became a close second. When you see the beauty of nature it strengthen your faith. 

Sunrise and sunset pics, when they add colors to the clouds, are a favorite. I would say that is a favorite that most cruising can take.  I have seen balcony pics at night when the moon is so bright it lights things up.

Sharon and I planned to travel the world.   She retired right before all shut down. When things opened back up our dreams opened back up.  Let me say this, enjoy your adventures while you can.

image.thumb.png.04b5c82a90a5100e8744506c339b6212.png

A heart melter for sure!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Your outlook on life and faith are so inspiring to me. I am encouraged every time I read your posts. Thanks for sharing your life with us.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Ozark_Kid

John, echoing the many words of sympathy from others, that's making me very very SAD 😢 😢

Hey Dani,

You are so special to us.   I mention to many your concerns for us even with all that you are dealing with.  We were so looking forward to meeting you!  I hope you make the Bella cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Two posters on the Utopia, just reported on the Royal Caribbean thread in their trip reports that Utopia is arriving back to PC on Oct 12, Saturday, and that they will be going to Labadee tomorrow, per their Captain's announcement on board.
No news from the Wonder yet. I think I see an FCC.
Que sera sera!

Edited by Arzeena

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

In case no one realized, today is 11 weeks till Christmas.  That means…….

IMG_3179.thumb.jpeg.1cb1c34b328985f371fc0cc84dac9951.jpeg

I'm sure my cousin Cathy knew this!  Even though she's hankering down in Kissimmee for hurricane Milton.  

28 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I hope there will be a Bella 02 thread once the cruise starts so that we who are in "dry dock" can revel in all of the shenanigans!

@Sea Dog @brillohead Greg, Debbi and anyone else????

I'm planning on starting the "Live" thread since John can't ( you know his situation ) and Andrew will not be on our sailing.

• Like 2