Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I’m surprised. I got a notification from Royal that our Royal Up had been accepted. First time we have ever got one accepted. I usually don’t go for Royal Up bids but this was my wife’s idea.

We are staying in an Aft Balcony cabin on Navigator. Linda saw a video of the cabin and remarked it looked identical to the solo cabin she had on Liberty. She said it’s nice but small and not much storage and closet space. She said it’s good for a solo but not for two people. The balcony is nice but is triangular in shape and does not have room for a lounger. 

So I put a bid in for a spacious balcony cabin with a very low bid of $200 per person. I was surprised we got it accepted. Our new cabin is on deck 10 cabin #1230. It looks like it’s the first cabin on the starboard side. We can walk up a deck and be near the Lime and Coconut which will be nice.

We leave on Wednesday and my review will start on Tuesday. I hope you all will tune in. It should be fun.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m surprised. I got a notification from Royal that our Royal Up had been accepted. First time we have ever got one accepted. I usually don’t go for Royal Up bids but this was my wife’s idea.

We are staying in an Aft Balcony cabin on Navigator. Linda saw a video of the cabin and remarked it looked identical to the solo cabin she had on Liberty. She said it’s nice but small and not much storage and closet space. She said it’s good for a solo but not for two people. The balcony is nice but is triangular in shape and does not have room for a lounger. 

So I put a bid in for a spacious balcony cabin with a very low bid of $200 per person. I was surprised we got it accepted. Our new cabin is on deck 10 cabin #1230. It looks like it’s the first cabin on the starboard side. We can walk up a deck and be near the Lime and Coconut which will be nice.

We leave on Wednesday and my review will start on Tuesday. I hope you all will tune in. It should be fun.

I’m confused. Did you mean you leave on Tuesday, your revue starts on Wednesday and you sail on Friday ?  We sailed on Navigator to Catalina and Ensenada. It’s a nice ship and liked Hooked a lot .  What’s the Laguna Beach situation ? The cruise we are supposed to be on returns to San Pedro , tomorrow.  Boo Hoo ! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I’m confused. Did you mean you leave on Tuesday, your revue starts on Wednesday and you sail on Friday ?  We sailed on Navigator to Catalina and Ensenada. It’s a nice ship and liked Hooked a lot .  What’s the Laguna Beach situation ? The cruise we are supposed to be on returns to San Pedro , tomorrow.  Boo Hoo ! 

No we leave on Wednesday but I will start the review on Tuesday and we will be in LA two days before our Friday departure. I am a big Tiki fan and wanted to visit some famous tiki bars in LA. Unfortunately the best ones are real far from our hotel in San Pedro at the Doubletree. Laguna Beach has a longtime famous tiki bar called the Royal Hawaiian which we will visit on Wednesday night. Then Thursday we may tour the USS Iowa and that evening go to another tiki bar in Long Beach called Secret Island. Good times.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

No we leave on Wednesday but I will start the review on Tuesday and we will be in LA two days before our Friday departure. I am a big Tiki fan and wanted to visit some famous tiki bars in LA. Unfortunately the best ones are real far from our hotel in San Pedro at the Doubletree. Laguna Beach has a longtime famous tiki bar called the Royal Hawaiian which we will visit on Wednesday night. Then Thursday we may tour the USS Iowa and that evening go to another tiki bar in Long Beach called Secret Island. Good times.

Well , you can always take Metrolink from Long Beach ( 1st and Pine ) to 7th and Flower in Los Angeles.  You can take Metrolink to Studio City to visit your friend.  LA to Long Beach goes through Watts and Compton .  

Our favorite hotel in LA is the Bonaventure a Westin ( Marriott brand ). 

Looking forward to your review. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Well , you can always take Metrolink from Long Beach ( 1st and Pine ) to 7th and Flower in Los Angeles.  You can take Metrolink to Studio City to visit your friend.  LA to Long Beach goes through Watts and Compton .  

Our favorite hotel in LA is the Bonaventure a Westin ( Marriott brand ). 

Looking forward to your review. 

Thanks I will look into that. 

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

I hope everyone is safe and well after Hurricane Milton.

This time last year we were staying in a hotel in Lake Buena vista Orlando Florida.

We went out for dinner tonight.

IMG_20241010_205535.jpg

I just had lunch and now I am hungry again!  Yum!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Also , Dash buses in Long Beach and LA .  Mini buses that do short routes . Long Beach one goes to Queen Mary . 

I wish I had more experience getting around LA. It’s just such a huge city obviously. Even though Uber would be expensive I like the concept of pick me up, take me there and drop off.

• Like 4

Just got home from taking a car ride with the spouse to the Youngstown Warren regional airport. 

Why?

To take pictures of the Northern lights. 

So I got my London Fog coat

( temp 40 F) and wore it over my PJ s. And had pretty leopard slippers on and my hair—— don’t ask. 

Great view. 

IMG_2146.thumb.jpeg.5a8cafed655654001d1ee19ee8704d8e.jpeg

IMG_2145.thumb.jpeg.8f2a3d5c060aafa5c0fd1b80b713f90f.jpeg

IMG_2144.thumb.jpeg.5f2122d7d85e299c2db384d1470d62eb.jpeg

❤️

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I wish I had more experience getting around LA. It’s just such a huge city obviously. Even though Uber would be expensive I like the concept of pick me up, take me there and drop off.

Greg, I live here and I use Uber/Lyft a lot.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Greg, I live here and I use Uber/Lyft a lot.

I love using them. I also have done some mock bookings and depending on the day and times the rate can differ by $20-$40. Main problem I have is that we booked a hotel near the port and all the places I want to visit are far away. In hindsight I should have picked a hotel closer to the places I wanted to visit and then 1 long ride to the port.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I love using them. I also have done some mock bookings and depending on the day and times the rate can differ by $20-$40. Main problem I have is that we booked a hotel near the port and all the places I want to visit are far away. In hindsight I should have picked a hotel closer to the places I wanted to visit and then 1 long ride to the port.

If it's possible, maybe look into changing your hotel??   Secondly, check your credit cards to see if someone is offering extra points.  My Chase Sapphire gives me 5 points per $.

If I wasn't already on the ship, I'd drive you and Linda around.

• Like 7

Just now, taznremmy said:

If it's possible, maybe look into changing your hotel??   Secondly, check your credit cards to see if someone is offering extra points.  My Chase Sapphire gives me 5 points per $.

If I wasn't already on the ship, I'd drive you and Linda around.

Thanks for your advice. I think we will stick where we are at as our second tiki bar is close by in Long Beach. The trip to the Royal Hawaiian would be the only one pricey. I am looking at it as an excursion price.😉

Thank you for the offer anyway. See you next week.

• Like 4

Congratulations to my Yankees for beating KC , KC is a talented ream . 

I already said we are redoing on of our three bathrooms ( I still don’t understand why) it is only used maybe a couple of weeks out of the year, our master bedroom was done a decade ago , we removed the tub for a huge double shower, wondering what your thoughts are , I am insisting we still have one bathroom with a tub for resale, third bathroom just has a shower. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, George C said:

Congratulations to my Yankees for beating KC , KC is a talented ream . 

I knew the Yankees would win. The Royals are much improved and went further than I would ever believe. Unfortunately without revenue sharing and parity teams like NY with their deep pockets will always be able to afford the best players.

• Like 3

I come here, read and “like” far more often than I post. I just don’t seem to be able to keep up. 

Those northern lights pictures I just saw have been spectacular! A big thank you to everyone who posted them! They were a bright spot after spending most of my day cleaning up hurricane debris. 

We’re counting ourselves among the more fortunate Floridians - only a few tree branches down in the yard, the Florida swampland behind our house absorbed a lot of water and kept it away from our house, and although we did lose power it was only out for about 10 hours. We can certainly live with that. 

I’ve recently realized that I should have paid more attention when I impulsively decided to book a Utopia 4day cruise a while back. Our schedule was pretty open at the time. I chose the Jan 27 sailing. No special reason for choosing it. If I had been paying attention I could have booked Bella 2.5! At this point, changing the dates just won’t work. Oh, well. I’ll try and do better next time.

• Like 20

10 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

American Airlines has 6 direct flights a day from MIA to MCO, at a cost of $145 per person one way.  Dani could book one that gives plenty of layover time in Miami in case of any problems. 

Thanks, Bob.

That's an interesting idea 👍. I'll look into it when back in Israel.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Taken from our back deck.  My phone enhanced the color but it was very visible.  A first for us.  IMG_2523.thumb.jpeg.d588f2eac9eadbde41be6d19231f8bed.jpeg

Wow! I don't think to go outside and look around for anything.

• Like 2