Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, barbeyg said:

🙂 I used to be on the thread myself, then CC dumped some subscriptions to threads without me realizing.  I had to go resubscribe.  I think it happened to more than one of us.

I am wondering if a couple on there now are really sailing, or just pretending they are. 🤷🏻‍♀️ We did a NE cruise the fall before the shutdown, and one guy chatted along, was listing plans, etc., then never showed.  Crickets from him after we all started sailing.  He was still posting elsewhere here, so he must have been okay.  Really strange. 

That was my thought as well especially with some of the history of one of them.  I just ignore and hope they go away.  Give them fuel and they stick around.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, barbeyg said:

🙂 I used to be on the thread myself, then CC dumped some subscriptions to threads without me realizing.  I had to go resubscribe.  I think it happened to more than one of us.

I am wondering if a couple on there now are really sailing, or just pretending they are. 🤷🏻‍♀️ We did a NE cruise the fall before the shutdown, and one guy chatted along, was listing plans, etc., then never showed.  Crickets from him after we all started sailing.  He was still posting elsewhere here, so he must have been okay.  Really strange. 

Probably lonely,  feeling isolated and wanted to belong . 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

It seems the problem is with my phone and not my friend's iPhone since she still is able to send and receive everyone else's Android texts and images, just not mine.

So out of the whole group you have only ONE friend with iPhone? Everyone else has android and she receives text and photos from them? 

19 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

If Royal has had a problem with people taking books, I wouldn't be surprised if it's real.  They might have attached a passive RFID tag somewhere on the book.  They only cost a few cents.  Or they just put a sticker on the book to scare people.  Kind of like putting a security system sticker on your house window to scare away burglars when you don't actually have a security system. 

I had a security system sticker on my house when I lived in a high crime area in NYC.It was not real but nobody ever tried to break into my house.

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

OK I know people on here are getting sick of my phone issues. 

It's now 4:30am, Jack and I are up one hour already.  Cruise excitement!  Probably won't get much sleep tomorrow night either.  I'm not complaining!

Idk if you might want to meet up for breakfast at johnny rockets some morning. I've been working on them getting my breakfast sandwich with swiss not american cheese. I really dont like american cheese especially that processed stuff. Today they got it. Yesterday that put the swiss on top of the American cheese lol. Picky picky picky I know.

Anyway, I had not tried one of those bacon maple shakes. A guy next to me ordered one to go for his wife so I did too. Interesting. I never use all my vouchers and johnny rockets is allowing the free vouchers to be used for the breakfast shake, so wouldnt cost me anything if you wanted to try one, and meet for breakfast there some morning. It's been very quiet there all week. Though the rain did start to splatter as I left.

The bacon maple breakfast milkshake if you want to try one? I have vouchers to spare. My opinion is it's a bit sweeter than I'd prefer, its the maple flavouring.

20241026_094454.jpg

20241026_094723.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Sweetie,😁

Sometime back I witnessed a psycho woman yelling and screaming at a younger Starbucks barista who addressed her as "my dear". She went crazy on the younger girl, asked for her name, asked for the manager, took pictures, called the head office, and all the drama!

I would rather be a "my dear" or :a "sweetie" than a "hey lady"! 😁

Many years ago there was a guy working for the company I worked for that called every woman Babe.None of them liked it .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, akcruz said:

That was my thought as well especially with some of the history of one of them.  I just ignore and hope they go away.  Give them fuel and they stick around.

I saw that and was ignoring until the fishing off the back of the ship comment. Clearly wants to fuel some fires. 

I was curious too but didnt ask my TA. Figured he wouldn't give out personal info but I think all of us were surprised. 

Bonnie I hope you find me or my TA can give out my cabin number. I decided this is too public to post it.. but here is a better picture of the breakfast shake perhaps. The to go cup.

It does have a strong maple taste. Sweet. A little unexpected.

20241026_094437.jpg

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Many years ago there was a guy working for the company I worked for that called every woman Babe.None of them liked it .

I had a cabin steward on harmony last December called everyone sunshine. Never learned any of our names. Just would call out good morning sunshine, male or female.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I had a cabin steward on harmony last December called everyone sunshine. Never learned any of our names. Just would call out good morning sunshine, male or female.

I have a neighbor who does that and he knows everyone’s name.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I can be Sunshine, but Babe?????😁hmmmm.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I think I would borrow the book on your next port day.  😇😁

On a HAL cruise in 2008 there was a Book Signing by an author who was a passenger on the cruise.He gave out free copies to all those who wanted one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

I agree with Sharron on cancelling the UDP for ICON.  No need to do Specialty dining for both cruises.  The Windjammer on Icon is a whole different setup from other class ships.  The food in there was very good with lots of options to choose from.  I think Icon and Odyssey Windjammer’s are the best.  I guarantee you and Sharron will love it or your money back.  We only did the MDR twice- for formal nights.  And the food was good in there for those two nights also.

Sharron smiled when I told her you agreed with her.  

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My first posting was from Vancouver after university to CFB Gagetown. I had to get used to being called “my dear” by older east coasters. It was cultural, and after a bit, it was kind of nice!