Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Kenzie the driver is now enjoying driving a gulf car.  In Lakeside there are about 300 cottages.  Most either walk, ride bikes or gulf carts.  About the only time a car is moving is when you first arrive or you are going somewhere outside the gates.

Aubrey is out taking pictures.  She will soon have that problem keeping up with them all.

image.thumb.jpeg.3ec40eaee041b705b1268c2a3e1b7206.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ab53fba9520d5f7076c0d38038099ede.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a33fff93d14754f00cf1b0fcc4298be3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.38d246641c56233d715c0b74c7c994ba.jpeg

Nice to see all the flowers are still doing up here.  The eat has taken a lot in Arkansas.

image.thumb.jpeg.97678c44d9baca7a58ae637a58a04b75.jpeg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry she has to deal with that. Kidney stones are no fun. The one I had gave me the most severe pain I had ever experienced. Hope she passes it quickly.

Once you have one you don’t forget how severe the pain can be. I have had so many I have lost count.  Mine, like most, are calcium/oculate stones.  Once I stopped drinking good ole southern black tea I have had less stones but it is hard not to drink the tea!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

From a few days ago. The beginning of another day....

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Fantastic photo. Amazing colours.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Beautiful picture!!  🙂 

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Gorgeous!

30 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Stunning sunrise.

+1  all of the above 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Once you have one you don’t forget how severe the pain can be. I have had so many I have lost count.  Mine, like most, are calcium/oculate stones.  Once I stopped drinking good ole southern black tea I have had less stones but it is hard not to drink the tea!

34 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry she has to deal with that. Kidney stones are no fun. The one I had gave me the most severe pain I had ever experienced. Hope she passes it quickly.

I had my first kidney stone experience in 1999. Agree about the pain. I remember my doctor asking if I drink a lot of water to keep the kidneys flushed out. I told him I drink beer, wine and coke as they all have water in them. He just shook his head. I did stop drinking coke and drink a lot more water. My kidney stone wouldn't move so I had to have the Lithotripsy procedure. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I told him I drink beer, wine and coke as they all have water in them.

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I thought the same thing. Now I have learned my lesson.

With one of my stone experiences my Urologist suggested for me to take a 12 pack of beer home and start drinking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

While we were in Southampton pre-cruise we watched a number of ships leaving.

Disney Magic was impressive but Regal Princess played a lovely tune all the way down the Solent.

IMG_20210820_183627.jpg

Seeing the Solent(somewhat) reminds me of the astounding sight of the Mary Rose in Portsmouth. To think Henry VIII watched her sail (and sink) and she was found, brought up, and meticulously put together as far as possible. 
Well worth a visit!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My youngest daughter and her husband we’re going to go to Cedar point amusement park today. She woke up this morning at 6 AM with a bad kidney stone pain in the back.  Needless to say that trip was canceled. This is her and husband playing shuffleboard yesterday with "the driver’s " sister.  She was already feeling it coming on yesterday but it is keeping her in bed right now.  I am hoping it doesn’t get to bad.  When she was in college she had to have one removed. 

Staying in bed with a kidney stone is not helpful. Being up and around helps it pass. 

A roller coaster ride may have been beneficial in knocking it through.😉

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Impressive.  Did you know where this was in the show so that you were ready, or did you just get lucky (or a combination of both)?  It seemed to appear out of no where.  And thanks for posting the video.  When you said rock music, I was thinking something like AC/DC Thunderstruck. 🤣🤣  I actually like what they did with the electronic dance remix of Let It Go, and I get a little sad every time I hear Robin Williams singing Friend Like Me.  That guy was just a genius.  Going from Mork and Mrs. Doubtfire to Good Will Hunting and Dead Poets Society...what incredible range.

Since I mentioned AC/DC, here's a completely different sidetrack for this thread.  Iron Man 2 with Shoot To Thrill is still one of my favorite movie opening scenes.  

Oh, Bob the Rocker. Then you will appreciate this video

Due to some unknown reason, my preference lately has been toward classical piano pieces. As one guy in the comment section pointed out, he needs better glasses to appreciate classical music…

Oh, yeah, Mickey ears fireworks.  Yeah, I knew it was coming as that’s the third time we watched the fireworks live from this trip. The first time was day 2 outside the park and second time was day 4 at around the same spot but I wasn’t fast enough on the fingers to capture it that night. 

Younger crowd like my kids only know of Robin Williams as the voice for Aladdin cartoon.

• Like 2

Calcium oxalate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Seeing the Solent(somewhat) reminds me of the astounding sight of the Mary Rose in Portsmouth. To think Henry VIII watched her sail (and sink) and she was found, brought up, and meticulously put together as far as possible. 
Well worth a visit!

I've always been fascinated with everything to do with Henry VIII and Elizabeth I.

My youngest daughter and her husband we’re going to go to Cedar point amusement park today. She woke up this morning at 6 AM with a bad kidney stone pain in the back.  

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I had my first kidney stone experience in 1999. Agree about the pain. 

👎 😢

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I had my first kidney stone experience in 1999. Agree about the pain. I remember my doctor asking if I drink a lot of water to keep the kidneys flushed out. I told him I drink beer, wine and coke as they all have water in them. He just shook his head. I did stop drinking coke and drink a lot more water. My kidney stone wouldn't move so I had to have the Lithotripsy procedure. 

In April 2019 I had booked 3 precruise nights in FLL before our 27 day cruise. 
I woke up at 4am with bad back pain. 
I knew what it was, and woke Dick up and told him to take me to the ER. 

Tests showed a moving stone. They gave me an IV, put me on pain meds and antibiotics and told me to see my urologist in 3 days. I said no can do, we’ll be sailing out of Port Everglades. 
The ER people were suitably horrified, and we did stay home and miss the first night of our hotel, but left the next morning, taking the pain meds and antibiotics with us. 
I have made myself drink as much water as I can since my first kidney stone years ago, and I don’t get them as often, but they do happen, usually at the worst times. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Harry, please stay safe.  So much devastating weather/fires, etc. in your neck of the woods.😢

Thanks for your comments.  We live in pretty suburban region of bay area so we are pretty safe from the wildfires which are more rural in the hills/countryside.

The last few years, the west coast has been experiencing severe drought situation with all the rain being pushed up into Canada. Our rain season doesn’t start until end of October so we have another 2 months of potential wildfires. Due to lack of rain, any sparkle can start a big fire.

Pre cruise countdown has begun with 67 days out. Can't check in but I figured I would get some of my ducks in a row which include;

-Confirming stay at CasaBlanca Hotel for two nights.

-Ordering a 6 pack even though we only need three of the BinaxNow home kits for testing as a backup in case I can't get one locally. I know I may be out $150 but I would rather have peace of mind in knowing I have a backup.

-Getting some new clothes, evening wear shirts, shorts and a few more Sea Dog shirts.

-Inventory of camera gear to take and organize

-Making a pre cruise calendar

I am also getting all my arrangements ready for retirement which includes a lot of paperwork and starting to clear out personal files on my computers.

So much to do in my time before we retire and cruise.

• Like 12