Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Just arrived home after a Five and a half hour drive home from Southampton after a 7 night seacation cruise on P&O new ship Iona.

We had a fantastic time even though we visited no ports but sailed 1300 nautical miles.

I hope everyone is well.

Graham.

IMG-20210911-WA0012.jpg

IMG_20210916_202408.jpg

IMG_20210916_135546.jpg

IMG_20210916_110952.jpg

IMG_20210916_105423.jpg

IMG_20210912_114328.jpg

IMG_20210915_111955.jpg

IMG_20210915_113234.jpg

IMG_20210915_115227.jpg

IMG_20210915_202321_1.jpg

IMG_20210914_102520.jpg

Pictures of a beautiful ship and a lovely couple.  Amazing food.  Looks like you had a wonderful time.  

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I hear you!  I'm not looking forward to putting the heat on in the house.  We've always had baseboard heat in our other home.  We have forced air here.  Hate it.

As a kid, summer was officially over when my mom would change out our summer blankets for the heavy down comforters.  Very full and high.  I never understood how they were able to be folded and put away for the summer.  I loved how crisp and clean they smelled, how enveloped I was under them but it still left me feeling down that summer was finally over.  Living in NY, the seasons were well defined.

Maryann, I also hated when the heat had to be turned on.

Now back to TX.  Our temps are low 93 today, 91 tomorrow, 99 Monday and the rest of the week high 80s, low 90s.  Such is our usual Sept. weather.  I'm not complaining.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Yeah, on one of the pages of instructions, it said a Covid test was needed, unless you had been vaccinated in the past 14 days;  I called just to make sure test wasn't needed, and they verified that I was good to go.  Jim will need a Covid test next Friday, since his knee surgery will be on the following Monday.

Best wishes for Jim's Knee surgery.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Pictures of a beautiful ship and a lovely couple.  Amazing food.  Looks like you had a wonderful time.  

As a kid, summer was officially over when my mom would change out our summer blankets for the heavy down comforters.  Very full and high.  I never understood how they were able to be folded and put away for the summer.  I loved how crisp and clean they smelled, how enveloped I was under them but it still left me feeling down that summer was finally over.  Living in NY, the seasons were well defined.

Maryann, I also hated when the heat had to be turned on.

Now back to TX.  Our temps are low 93 today, 91 tomorrow, 99 Monday and the rest of the week high 80s, low 90s.  Such is our usual Sept. weather.  I'm not complaining.

Thank you Bonnie.

It was an amazing cruise and so relaxing.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Just arrived home after a Five and a half hour drive home from Southampton after a 7 night seacation cruise on P&O new ship Iona.

We had a fantastic time even though we visited no ports but sailed 1300 nautical miles.

I hope everyone is well.

Graham.

IMG-20210911-WA0012.jpg

IMG_20210916_202408.jpg

IMG_20210916_135546.jpg

IMG_20210916_110952.jpg

IMG_20210916_105423.jpg

IMG_20210912_114328.jpg

IMG_20210915_111955.jpg

IMG_20210915_113234.jpg

IMG_20210915_115227.jpg

IMG_20210915_202321_1.jpg

IMG_20210914_102520.jpg

Looks like you have lovely weather Graham,  not bad for mid Sept. As no ports was the capt able to follow the sun, maybe stay down south or did he have a predetermined route?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Graham - Was the itinerary always without ports, or did you have port stops cancelled?  Either way, looks like you had a great time!

It was a seacation with no ports.

We have visited most of the Northern Europe and Mediterranean ports so staying on the ship for 7 days was a new experience for us and incredibly relaxing.

The ship was fantastic as was the weather.

We sailed through the Bay of Biscay and back up the Northern Spain and West coast of France and the captain kept us in High pressure areas at all times so the sea was very calm and it was sunny every day.

The average ship speed was 9 knots.

Graham.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Looks like you have lovely weather Graham,  not bad for mid Sept. As no ports was the capt able to follow the sun, maybe stay down south or did he have a predetermined route?

We sailed past the channel Islands and through the Bay of Biscay then back up the Northern west  Spain and West coast of France.

Average temperature was 22-25°C.

The captain used satellite information to keep us in High pressure areas.

Graham.

IMG_20210912_083906.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6

40 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

OH...IO is also used as a greeting, often between people who don't know each other.  I was walking somewhere the other day with an Ohio State golf shirt on.   As I walked by a random stranger, he said "OH".  I was required by law to respond appropriately.

The stadium cheer is a little different.  The student section in the end zone start by yelling O and forming an O with their arms.  One sideline, moving counter-clockwise, yells H and puts both arms straight up, the opposite endzone section yells I with both arms straight up forming an I, and the final sideline section yells O with arms making an O.  That continues around in a circle until the fans tire of it.

One of the things I like about Ohio State games is the respect for the band.  The stadium is often full early to watch the band make their entrance, which ends with the script Ohio and the dotting of the "i".  It's a cool tradition and a tremendous honor to be selected to dot the i.  

They truly are TBDBITL.

WOW, Bob!  This is amazing!  I've never gone to a College Football game.  This band is more than impressive.  Thank you for sharing.  I truly enjoyed watching.

40 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Cute kitten.

Everyone had to wear a mask indoors on our ship this last week even in the theatre.

You could take your mask off while eating and drinking.

It looked like you had a great time.  I don't think cruising will be something we want to do again for a long time.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, George C said:

Our very mellow kitty 

image.jpeg.e02a24ec80807e92363c4838e8fd3b5f.jpeg

A kitty doing what they do best, at least during the day.

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

An aircraft carrier that used to be in San Diego.

Screenshot_20210917-201039_Chrome.thumb.jpg.70bfd74bdf59e4fb1c74d4fb61ea7ca6.jpg

Kitty & Connie

I knew the Connie was a Celebrity ship, but I didn’t know there was an aircraft carrier with the same name.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning. 

So yesterday I received two orders of the testing kits. The morning ones were our order complete from September 8 th. Now what is confusing is we got a second order we did not pay for and came with the card. Anyone else get this? 

37D221EE-44F3-4614-BB3B-3F130FC33DBF.jpeg

We didn’t get a kit.

6 hours ago, Keksie said:

Here the only place I have to wear a mask is the vet's office.  Everyone else has signs saying recommended but not mandatory.  Just took a trip to and from Texas to pick up my kitten and no place we stopped at required masks either.  

1566957624_Samantha1.thumb.jpeg.0fa036b2194b8c688cd9e6d9b5cb9288.jpeg

What an absolute cutie.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have Sparky that will only eat cat food, he has no interest in people food, not even canned tuna.     Then we have Eva that we call the "scraper" as she will eat just about anything and she is the petite one.   I discovered this summer that she loves mushrooms.      One of our previous cats loved green beans and olives.

We have never fed our cats human food. They are always curious what we are eating and will usually sniff it and then turn their noses up. The one thing that really sets off one of our cats is pork rinds. I think she would eat them if allowed. It’s really weird how she will try to paw at the bag. She doesn’t do that for anything else.

4 hours ago, mo&fran said:

But it is still here.

Unfortunately with to much of it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

WOW, Bob!  This is amazing!  I've never gone to a College Football game.  This band is more than impressive.  Thank you for sharing.  I truly enjoyed watching.

College bands are alway great.

But here's a little something I really enjoy

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Enjoy your sailing.  Is this one 3 or 4 nights?  Are you staying on for the next one?

The first one was 4 nights and this one is 3 nights. I was about 90% sure I was going to book the next one. Mike then got his schedule for October and he has the first 11 days off and the 6 days off starting on the 18th. We have an Odyssey cruise on the 17th and then I booked one on the 3rd. To replace the 4 day cruise that I’m not taking on here I decided to book the cruise in between the first and second Odyssey cruise. 😁 I’ll be on her from the 3rd till the 23rd. I decided since I was at it I might as well book another cruise so we now have a Wonder OTS booked for March. 🛳 🥂

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We have never fed our cats human food. They are always curious what we are eating and will usually sniff it and then turn their noses up. The one thing that really sets off one of our cats is pork rinds. I think she would eat them if allowed. It’s really weird how she will try to paw at the bag. She doesn’t do that for anything else.

Unfortunately with to much of it.

When we had our last cat from 1985 to 2004 she had a chair at the kitchen table.She would sit on it just like a person and use her two front paws to pick up the food.Her favorites were marshmallows and cotton candy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

OH...IO is also used as a greeting, often between people who don't know each other.  I was walking somewhere the other day with an Ohio State golf shirt on.   As I walked by a random stranger, he said "OH".  I was required by law to respond appropriately.

The stadium cheer is a little different.  The student section in the end zone start by yelling O and forming an O with their arms.  One sideline, moving counter-clockwise, yells H and puts both arms straight up, the opposite endzone section yells I with both arms straight up forming an I, and the final sideline section yells O with arms making an O.  That continues around in a circle until the fans tire of it.

One of the things I like about Ohio State games is the respect for the band.  The stadium is often full early to watch the band make their entrance, which ends with the script Ohio and the dotting of the "i".  It's a cool tradition and a tremendous honor to be selected to dot the i.  

They truly are TBDBITL.

The granddaughter of one of my friends ,a recent Ohio State graduate was a cheerleader at the school.My friend often attended home football games said there was nothing like an Ohio State football game.

• Like 1