Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

This is an actual conversation:

Me: Did you get a tree?

Adult Son: Sort of

Me: How do you sort of get a tree?

Adult Son: We went and got a tree, but we don't have a stand.  We went to a couple stores but can't find one.

Me: What did you do with the tree?

Adult Son: Put it in a bucket and leaned it up in the corner.

Me: Is there a plan here slick?

Adult Son: I'm going to go to a couple more stores, if our luck doesn't change I'll get one on Amazon.

Me: Okay. Not sure where luck is playing a part in this.  Try buying a stand before December, or at least before you own a tree, next time.  

Adult Son: It's all good. 

Me: You haven't decorated the tree have you?

Adult Son: No dad, were not stupid.

Me: Big talk from a guy with a tree leaned up against the wall in a bucket. 

I wish I was in my 20's again.  I kind of remember when everything was always "All Good", but it has been a spell.   Like when my TV sat on some boards laying across cinder blocks.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

My DH playing in the snow with his boy toy. 

8032EE36-078C-40CB-AFB8-EF045F3A24E4.jpeg

No action shots but my new boy toy was able to slice thru 16 inches of sticky, heavy, wet snow (aka white sand) like a knife with a molten hot steel blade thru melted butter. 

Hoping for a snowy winter.

20201217_161025.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Domino D said:

I suppose this is how it is going to be.  Seems like they have determined it's more dangerous for him not to have it.

Exactly.  Last week a transplant nurse told me they had over 65 transplant recipients, various organs, with covid and all were in critical condition.  To date only a small percentage of them have survived.  So Yes definitely better to get vaccine than covid.  The question is whether the vaccine will be effective for them.  Time will tell.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

No action shots but my new boy toy was able to slice thru 16 inches of sticky, heavy, wet snow (aka white sand) like a knife with a molten hot steel blade thru melted butter. 

20201217_161025.jpg

Nice!!    My Dh fell this morning as soon as he walked out front door.  Took him to ER and since I wasnt allowed into the hospital due to covid rules I went back home and plowed our driveway and my older neighbors too.

DH is now home, broke his humerus in left arm.  Ouch!!

I told him he would do anything to get out of shoveling.   

We had about 14 inches of snow.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We got up early on arrival morning and I took these photos as we were sailing under the 

Golden gate bridge.

We could hear the noisy sea lions as we sailed into San Francisco.

This is a short video Sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge. It was included in a review on the Princess boards, of the round trip sailing to Hawaii a couple years ago.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Nice!!    My Dh fell this morning as soon as he walked out front door.  Took him to ER and since I wasnt allowed into the hospital due to covid rules I went back home and plowed our driveway and my older neighbors too.

So sorry to hear about your husband. Hope he recovers quickly. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear about your hubby's accident.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hope your husband makes a quick recovery. Not a good way to start the day.

But kudo's to you for plowing not just your driveway but your neighbors as well.  It got me thinking. While my new snowblower looks almost identical to my old, 25 year old one, it has a number of improved features. The most important is the ability to turn on a dime. Makes getting in and out of tight corners a breeze. My old one lacked that ability and needed to be "muscled" into changing directions. Like every time I reached either end of the driveway. No easy feat with a 250 lb machine, a foot of snow and icy conditions under foot. Usually by the time I'd be done, every bone in my body ached and I'd stand under a hot shower for an hour trying to soothe my weary muscles.

But with the new one, not only did I cut my blowing time in half, I barely broke a sweat.  Thinking it might be time to introduce the DW to the fine art of snow removal. 😇

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mets07 said:
2 hours ago, Domino D said:

I kind of remember when everything was always "All Good"

Another one of my favorites is "No worries." ..... 

"Not a problem".

"We're Golden"

"it's all gravy"

I might be showing my age.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

"Not a problem".

"We're Golden"

"it's all gravy"

I might be showing my age.

You are right  (I love the "we're golden" example - remember it well). The "No worries" one is more recent. One of my sons started saying it when he was in high school and it drove me crazy for some reason.  Now I will actually say or text it. Good grief. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Exactly.  Last week a transplant nurse told me they had over 65 transplant recipients, various organs, with covid and all were in critical condition.  To date only a small percentage of them have survived.  So Yes definitely better to get vaccine than covid.  The question is whether the vaccine will be effective for them.  Time will tell.

Sending positive thoughts your way. 

• Like 1

Up until recently I coached High School baseball.  Here are some of the latest:

Gucci - I'm good

"How we doing Ryan?"  "Gucci".  

This one means I need something (hungry, tired, even grouchy)  - "I'm baby"

"How you feeling Ryan?"  "I'm baby"

I'm sure you know Cray or Cray Cray as in crazy

"Is that your girlfriend Ryan?"  "Oh no coach, she cray"

And of course, when they like something a lot, it is "Lit"

"What are you listen to?"  "Migos, they lit"

Also recently heard "Adulting" - means doing some thing responsible or grown up.

So if you spent the day getting new tires on your car, and are asked "Hey Ryan what you up been up to"  "Adulting".     

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Doesn't seem like the time, but at some point some of us south dwellers will show you what we do with our snow blower money. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Hope your husband makes a quick recovery. Not a good way to start the day.

But kudo's to you for plowing not just your driveway but your neighbors as well.  It got me thinking. While my new snowblower looks almost identical to my old, 25 year old one, it has a number of improved features. The most important is the ability to turn on a dime. Makes getting in and out of tight corners a breeze. My old one lacked that ability and needed to be "muscled" into changing directions. Like every time I reached either end of the driveway. No easy feat with a 250 lb machine, a foot of snow and icy conditions under foot. Usually by the time I'd be done, every bone in my body ached and I'd stand under a hot shower for an hour trying to soothe my weary muscles.

But with the new one, not only did I cut my blowing time in half, I barely broke a sweat.  Thinking it might be time to introduce the DW to the fine art of snow removal. 😇

Thank you everyone for well wishes for Eric.  Have to call orthopedic doc in morning so he can wrap the arm, for now he's in a sling.  Had dinner and went to bed.  

Yes, you are so right about how hard it is to maneuver a 250 pd machine but defintely easier than shoveling especially the wet snow we had to clean up.  I think we have a yard master 26" that's about 7 or 8 yrs old.   I wish it would turn on a dime.  That would be sweet.

I expect I will feel the aches and pains tomorrow morning.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear.  That was a drastic step to take, but I guess the last sentences prove that literally every cloud has a silver lining.   Hope he heals quickly. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mets07 said:

You are right  (I love the "we're golden" example - remember it well). The "No worries" one is more recent. One of my sons started saying it when he was in high school and it drove me crazy for some reason.  Now I will actually say or text it. Good grief. 😉

I dont know if I picked up from our sons when they were teenagers several years ago but I have been saying  no worries for awhile.  Adulting.  That is a new one.  I'll have to try it out on our sons.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think it was this thread that we talked about a YouTuber named Mark Rober.  He just uploaded his Glitter Bomb 3.0 video.  New and improved in many ways. 😁  Depressing though to see how some of the box thieves react...especially the mom and kid.

(13) Glitterbomb 3.0 vs. Porch Pirates - YouTube

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think it was this thread that we talked about a YouTuber named Mark Rober.  He just uploaded his Glitter Bomb 3.0 video.  New and improved in many ways. 😁  Depressing though to see how some of the box thieves react...especially the mom and kid.

(13) Glitterbomb 3.0 vs. Porch Pirates - YouTube

Did you ever see his squirrel video?

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I dont know if I picked up from our sons when they were teenagers several years ago but I have been saying  no worries for awhile.  Adulting.  That is a new one.  I'll have to try it out on our sons.

Also now remembering I could not stand when they said "my bad" .... I still don't say that one.

• Like 3