Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

My MIL used to have a trivet with the same saying.

We're still waiting on our granddaughters covid test that she had yesterday morning.  Still no word this evening.  My daughter was told it could take another 2 days for the results, since they are so backed up here.  We were supposed to all be together tomorrow for Christmas Eve, and again on Christmas Day.  It looks like we'll be canceling tomorrow, and hoping for Christmas Day.  We've already found a Church we can streamline Christmas Eve Mass, rather than go to our over-packed Church.

I wish you and RJ a very Happy and Healthy Holiday, Arzeena!🎄

It's difficult to get tested here, also.

My sister had a great one hanging in her bathroom "If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie"

Maryann, I hope your granddaughter's test comes back negative and that you all have the best Christmas under these trying circumstances.

To everyone who is celebrating Christmas:  Whether you are gathering with family near or far in your hearts, know that the love is always with you no matter the distance.  Make it joyous, make it unforgettable and delicious, and hopefully it will be the last holiday celebrated during a pandemic. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

My kids are coming over for a few days and will be arriving Friday and leaving Sunday.  So I went to the grocery store to stock up on extra food, supplies, and Christmas dinner, holy Batman on a crutch, my car first car cost less than my purchases.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Grrrrr...It was not a good day here.

I was at the grocery store picking up last minute items. John decided he wanted homemade pizza for Christmas Eve dinner (???).

Browsing down the meat aisle I saw pork loins on sale which is the only time I buy them. We used to get 2 dinners and 1 lunch from a loin. Now we get 1 dinner and a tiny lunch so they have shrunk quite a bit over the years.

The shocker...what used to be 10 bucks is now 30! I did not buy.

Next...I'm so angry. John works with his cousin who decided to go to Florida last weekend. She wasn't feeling well and had a positive covid test this afternoon. For the last 18 months we have been staying home, masking, social distancing, etc so we can go on our cruise in Feb. Her response...oh well. Again, grrrr.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

As I have posted previously the owners of the building I worked in for 25 years chose me to go to every floor to sing Christmas songs every year .If you wish to figure out what that would sound like my voice was similiar to Vaughn Monroe.I sang Christmas standards as well as songs that I wrote many of which were parodies of well known songs.I am going to attempt to write and post a song in the next few minutes.

I would love to hear your parodies. Any recordings? I have this Vaughn Monroe Christmas song in my collection. It's a good one.

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

On the first day of Christmas Graham said to me 

Please be serious and not silly

On the second day of Christmas Greg said to me

Please include Arzeena and George C

On the third day of Christmas Marietta said to me

Did you see a picture of my Christmas tree?

On the fourth day of Christmas Ozark said to me

There should be a rhyme for Ocean Boy and Dani

On the fifth day of Christmas MaryAnn said to me

I hope there will be no snow in Jersey

On the sixth day of Christmas Bella said to me

Glad to see a verse for a doggie

On the seventh day of Christmas Mimi said to me

Do not forget to include yourself Lenny

On the eight day of Christmas Debbie said to me

Isn’t it great that we have so much fun on CC

On the ninth day of Christmas Owens dad said to me

Can we sing this in the key of G

On the tenth day of Christmas a voice called to me

When will Survivor return to TV

On the eleventh day of Christmas Crystal said to me

Wow ,I am part of this ditty

On the twelvth day of Christmas I said to everyone :

I sincerely apologize if I left you out but I posted as fast as I could and if I have the opportunity to do this next year I will do this in advance.

It has been my honor to have the opportunity to het to “know” all the wonderful people who post here.

This is so awesome. Thank you Lenny. This made my day.

6 hours ago, Arzeena said:

At least we all have each other on CC and can "meet" here without all the ifs and the buts.

RJ and I wish everyone and their loved ones a very Happy and Healthy Holiday!🙏

From my family to yours, I wish you the happiest and merriest of Christmases. 

5 hours ago, akcruz said:

Not sure when I will be on here tomorrow.  Wishing all who celebrate a great holiday.

FB_IMG_1639966251134.jpg

Merry Christmas to you and Cheers for a fantastic Christmas.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am just concerned about going to my sister's house tomorrow for Christmas Eve and also on Christmas.  I have my Mom coming here tomorrow before we all head there.  

We all tested at home yesterday and the son and DIL who had covid are testing every day (negative now 👍). 

My eldest son who arrived home yesterday had run out of test kits and my husband (for sons peace of mind) insisted he tested as soon as he got here. It was a bit tense,  and I'm not sure what we would of done if positive,  but it was negative.

Where he lives in London is the epicentre in the UK for covid at mo.

Feel we can all relax now and enjoy Christmas.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Dani, are you required to sign up for tracing in Israel?

We have track and trace here, its not mandatory but most people initially loaded it on their phone. You needed to scan a qr code to get into restaurants, pubs etc

But a lot have deleted it ( including us ) now. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

They are doing well from what I see on both their Instagram accounts. 

From us as well. 

I was going to say something, but you are much more festive than me. 🙂

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@grapau27 Wishing you the best tomorrow!🙏

8 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Graham, best of luck tomorrow and I will be praying for you.

Good Job Lenny.

This has to be the best thread.

Thank you Dani,  your insight on starting this thread has done more for me than you will ever know.

Thanks to all who share on this site.

♥️

Thank you so much for all the best wishes.

I had my op at 09.30am and home by 11.00am GMT.

Pauline waited in the car in the hospital car park so I'm pleased I was done quickly.

I have to go back next Thursday to get the stitches out.

Graham.

IMG-20211224-WA0000.jpg

• Like 18

4 hours ago, JamesEM said:

So I went to the grocery store to stock up on extra food, supplies, and Christmas dinner, holy Batman on a crutch, my car first car cost less than my purchases.

Mu brother spent a small fortune on their Xmas shop, all his partner's children and families were meant to be coming over. A few hours later they learnt that her DIL has covid and all that side of family not coming now, then her other pregnant DIL and son decided not to risk coming as they had been in contact with the covid DIL 🙈🤷‍♀️

They are all really upset

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I just feel so bad for everybody who has to think twice before seeing family and celebrating. Never expected it would get to making this decision. I am sending holiday hugs to everyone in this situation or not. At least we all have each other on CC and can "meet" here without all the ifs and the buts.

So well said 👍

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Dani, are you required to sign up for tracing in Israel?

"They" wanted us to, but there were many legal problems with this "measure", so it was up to everybody's conscience.

We signed up. OTOH, when you are tested, you get the results via text, so, anyhow, "they" have your mobile number and can easily trace you.

9 hours ago, Lionesss said:

This has to be the best thread. 

Thank you Dani,  your insight on starting this thread has done more for me than you will ever know.

Thanks to all who share on this site. 

♥️

Same for me, Sue. I will never forget that when hostilities flared up in May, at least 50 posters, many of them making an unique appearance, wrote to send prayers.... 🙏

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

One thing we all have learned the last two years, things change and plans don’t always work.

Sadly, so true.

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

To everyone who is celebrating Christmas:  Whether you are gathering with family near or far in your hearts, know that the love is always with you no matter the distance.  Make it joyous, make it unforgettable and delicious, and hopefully it will be the last holiday celebrated during a pandemic. 

Bonnie, you have such a nice way with words. I admire you. And "amen" to the last sentence.

5 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Grrrrr...It was not a good day here.

Again, grrrr.

😠 + 1

44 minutes ago, sgmn said:

They are all really upset

😢 + 1

@grapau27  Graham, glad you're after and feeling good. Enjoy your Christmas Eve and Day 🥰

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

So well said 👍

"They" wanted us to, but there were many legal problems with this "measure", so it was up to everybody's conscience.

We signed up. OTOH, when you are tested, you get the results via text, so, anyhow, "they" have your mobile number and can easily trace you.

Same for me, Sue. I will never forget that when hostilities flared up in May, at least 50 posters, many of them making an unique appearance, wrote to send prayers.... 🙏

Sadly, so true.

Bonnie, you have such a nice way with words. I admire you. And "amen" to the last sentence.

😠 + 1

😢 + 1

@grapau27  Graham, glad you're after and feeling good. Enjoy your Christmas Eve and Day 🥰

Thank you Dani.

My thanks to you Dani for actively participating in your thread and why it has been so popular for 20 months.

Wishing you and your family a safe and absolutely fantastic Christmas.

Graham x

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holiday.  Or just a wonderful day tomorrow no matter what you are doing.  This thread is a special place to visit.  Thank you everyone.

Our Christmas wishes are sent to you and hopefully your Christmas is amazing.

Graham.

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

As I have posted previously the owners of the building I worked in for 25 years chose me to go to every floor to sing Christmas songs every year .If you wish to figure out what that would sound like my voice was similiar to Vaughn Monroe.I sang Christmas standards as well as songs that I wrote many of which were parodies of well known songs.I am going to attempt to write and post a song in the next few minutes.

I was in love with Vaughn Monroe at one point in my adolescence!

Now I can only remember Ghost Riders in the Sky. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I sincerely apologize if I left you out but I posted as fast as I could and if I have the opportunity to do this next year I will do this in advance.

It has been my honor to have the opportunity to het to “know” all the wonderful people who post here.

You put a big smile on my face, Lenny!

Hard to do at 8:18 in the morning!

Thank you for your Christmas song!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holiday.  Or just a wonderful day tomorrow no matter what you are doing.  This thread is a special place to visit.  Thank you everyone.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your Family🥰

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JamesEM said:

My kids are coming over for a few days and will be arriving Friday and leaving Sunday.  So I went to the grocery store to stock up on extra food, supplies, and Christmas dinner, holy Batman on a crutch, my car first car cost less than my purchases.

Kind of like my shock when I realized our daughter’s wedding cost more than our first house!

But then, I remember Dixie Darling bread for .09 a loaf! And gas at .21 a gallon. 

• Like 4

Unfortunately, our Son, the baby in his 20s, just texted that he tested positive and is experiencing mild symptoms.   He has had asthma issues his whole life but has improved with age.  He assured us that his breathing is fine.  Says he is just really tired, feels weak and achy with a headache with scratchy throat.  No cough, no sniffles.  His Fiance feels fine so far but will also get tested.

• Like 13

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Absolutely wonderful Lenny.

I loved the song and sincerely look forward to your compilation for next year.

Happy Christmas to you and all your family Lenny.

Graham.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Unfortunately, our Son, the baby in his 20s, just texted that he tested positive and is experiencing mild symptoms.   He has had asthma issues his whole life but has improved with age.  He assured us that his breathing is fine.  Says he is just really tired, feels weak and achy with a headache with scratchy throat.  No cough, no sniffles.  His Fiance feels fine so far but will also get tested.

I'm so sorry to hear this Debbie.

Sending your son our prayers 🙏 for a quick recovery and for his symptoms to stay mild or vanish very soon.

Graham.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline waited in the car in the hospital car park so I'm pleased I was done quickly.

Graham.

IMG-20211224-WA0000.jpg

I’m so glad it’s done and you can relax and enjoy Christmas Eve. 
That’s going to be a cool scar!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

IMG-20211224-WA0000.jpg

That looks painful.  Glad to hear all went with the surgery and they were able to get it all removed.    Wish you a smooth and painless recovery.  

That's done, now you can relax and enjoy your Christmas.   Merry Christmas to you Pauline and Sarah🎄🥰💕

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1