Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm hoping to find out what really happened to the character Rick by the end of the series.

He lives!  As does Darryl, Negan, Maggie, Michonne and everyone else that is getting a spin-off series.😃

Doesn't bode well for a few other fan favorites😉.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

He lives!  As does Darryl, Negan, Maggie, Michonne and everyone else that is getting a spin-off series.😃

Walking Dead Trivia: Did you know that the actress who plays Maggie and has a British accent was born in Cherry Hill,NJ ?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I have the last 5 or 6 episodes recorded.  Cannot wait to see Rick and Michonne again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Walking Dead Trivia: Did you know that the actress who plays Maggie and has a British accent was born in Cherry Hill,NJ ?

Actor that plays Rick is a British actor with accent but trained on a southern American accent since he is supposed to be from GA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have city sewer, not septic, but we have had a backup of our main sewer line twice.  Luckily, if there can be a luckily, it was contained in the shower pan.  We have since found out that our main sewer line has a repair in it, about 54 feet out from the foundation, which was not declared to us when we purchased the house.  There is root intrusion into the pipe in that area, which is very common.  We now have a drain company come about every two years to auger the line to clear it.  

We had to have our sewer line replaced here, because it was an old clay pipe sewer line that had tree roots and breaks in two places. After several cleanings and camera scoping's we just had it done. The backups used to happen a few times at the most inconvenient times. 

They do trenchless now. (Your line may be more) But was it about $5000, and they run a new plastic line through the old clay line and burst it. No real property digging involved, except for a more accessible cleanout. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ATG said:

I have a question/problem I hope someone has some knowledge about.

We were on the Adventure sailing to Canada & New England last month.  In Boston my son got a call and his partner’s mother died suddenly.  He left the cruise and returned home.  We paid $873 fine for violating the Jone’s Act.  Today he got a notice from CBP that he owes a fine of $5,000!  

I haven’t heard about this fine before.  Any chance you can argue or bargain them down?

I am so sorry to hear that this happened to your son and his partner.  I'm not understanding the fine of $5000.  As if they didn't have enough stress after the death of his partner's mom.😢

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Actor that plays Rick is a British actor with accent but trained on a southern American accent since he is supposed to be from GA.

The actor who played Morgan on Walking Dead and is now on Fear the Walking Dead is also British as are several others who have been on the shows.

15 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

So was Spike from Buffy, the Vampire Slayer. He is from Modesto, CA. 😄

Sorry. It has been raining (which is great) and cold here today, so I've been bored and chatty. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

Good evening

First of all on Septic tanks.

When we were building our house the DH took pictures of every phase of the build.

From digging the hole, to wiring, to plumbing to septic leach bed.

He knows where everything is.

And, we just had the tanks pumped and stones flushed for a mere $435.

Last time we had it done was 2018.

Eye doctors appointment went pretty good for not going in 2 years.

Dry eyes family curse, gotta start on OTC treatment to prevent corneal abrasions.

Glaucoma check still shows an elevation but on high end of safe range.

No treatment at this time needed.

Vision test.

20/20 vision......DAMN  I could always see distant objects with no issues.

But saying that My reading vision got worse.

So I do not need glasses to drive, but I am not going to put them on/off.. ...on/off..on/off

So it is recommended that I continue to wear the glasses with correction just for reading, (progressive).

And I guess as I age so do my eyes.  I have the start of peripheral cataracts, which in the scheme of things  is that if you are going to have cataracts these are the ones to get, because they have little impact on your vision. Just another thing to watch.

And finally as I was leaving I got the sermon about not waiting so long again to visit.   My glaucoma for safety needs to be monitored every 6 months.

Guess the excuse of COVID, is no longer acceptable.

Appointment made for May.

So I ventured into their optometrist office there just to scope it out, and I once again realized why I do not purchase my glasses their..Two reasons, one the cost is very high for old fashioned eye wear, as well as limited selection of glasses I would choose.

So I went to Lens Crafters and purchased  2 pairs of  glasses I really like.

Buy one get second frame half off, plus extra $50 off.

Tomorrow, visiting a home bound friend and then a Sams club run.

Take care

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ATG said:

I have a question/problem I hope someone has some knowledge about.

We were on the Adventure sailing to Canada & New England last month.  In Boston my son got a call and his partner’s mother died suddenly.  He left the cruise and returned home.  We paid $873 fine for violating the Jone’s Act.  Today he got a notice from CBP that he owes a fine of $5,000!  

I haven’t heard about this fine before.  Any chance you can argue or bargain them down?

The notice he received should provide contact information or instructions on how to petition the fine.

I would definitely contact them and make sure they understand the reason was due to death of an immediate family member.    

It is possible the CBP does not have this information on record for him.  Government forms don't always make it to the right people.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

We had to have our sewer line replaced here, because it was an old clay pipe sewer line that had tree roots and breaks in two places. After several cleanings and camera scoping's we just had it done. The backups used to happen a few times at the most inconvenient times. 

They do trenchless now. (Your line may be more) But was it about $5000, and they run a new plastic line through the old clay line and burst it. No real property digging involved, except for a more accessible cleanout. 

Ours is cast iron with a PVC repair, you can see the section that was repaired on the video from the camera scoping.  That area is already narrower because of the repair and since it is PVC, they can't use the big cutter as it could get stuck in the PVC and then we would have a huge issue.  If they try to line the whole thing, it will be even narrower and likely will still be an issue.  We have been told that they would need to trench and replace from house all the way past the issue.  The house sits on a hill, with a stone wall that they would have to go under or remove a section.  The wall is long, close to 100 ft long and about 3 ft at the shortest and 12 ft at the highest.  Taking out the middle section could cause the whole thing to just tumble according to my mason.  The sewer line replacement and wall rebuild would top $100K.  I really wish it could be lined.

36 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

41 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I know the answer to that but I will let you find out for yourself.Andrew Lincoln will be in the last episode.

No surprise. He's been in a few others as a flashback. And we know he has a spin-off series coming up set post-Walking Dead.

36 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I did not know that fun fact. I guess she moved to England at a young age?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have the last 5 or 6 episodes recorded.  Cannot wait to see Rick and Michonne again.

Me too. I just watched the first episode of "The Final 8" last night. I think I'm watching it more out of habit than desire. I just need to know how it ends....but does it REALLY ever end? lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

No surprise. He's been in a few others as a flashback. And we know he has a spin-off series coming up set post-Walking Dead.

I did not know that fun fact. I guess she moved to England at a young age?

She was 13 when her family moved to England.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I never watched 
The Walking Dead". 🤷‍♀️

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Neither have I😉

5 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Me either

Have you ever lived???

Please tell me you've at least watched Game of Thrones?

Sorry, don't mean to be so dramatic. After 2 hours of leaf blowing and 3 hours of giving one of the bathrooms a very, very deep cleaning, the wine went straight to my head!  And made me a bit on the chatty side too, 😀

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Me too. I just watched the first episode of "The Final 8" last night. I think I'm watching it more out of habit than desire. I just need to know how it ends....but does it REALLY ever end? lol

I have not found this season to be that interesting but I also want to see how it ends.After the last show Talking Dead will feature many members of the cast from the early years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Have you ever lived???

Please tell me you've at least watched Game of Thrones?

Sorry, don't mean to be so dramatic. After 2 hours of leaf blowing and 3 hours of giving one of the bathrooms a very, very deep cleaning, the wine went straight to my head!  And made me a bit on the chatty side too, 😀

Astros are winning 5-0 and pitching a no -hit game.

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have not found this season to be that interesting but I also want to see how it ends.After the last show Talking Dead will feature many members of the cast from the early years.

Agreed. And I usually watch the Talking Dead as well, looking forward to seeing some of the old cast members.

• Haha 1