Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I don't mind pineapple on pizza so long as it's on a Hawaiian pizza with bacon.  Everything's better with bacon. 

And I totally 1000% support fresh pineapple in a rum drink.  Speaking of which, time for the DL to open at my house. 🍹

Mmm...pineapple and rum...made for each other!!  😉  And coconut rum too!  🧉

Yup, my one and only Pineapple Pizza had bacon on it. 😄 

14 hours ago, maggieq said:

It looks yummy!  If you can share the recipe, it would be greatly

appreciated.  I’m always looking for slow cooker recipes online. Thanks!

No problem.  Usually my cooking is "wing it...Island Lady style" with no recipes...but this one I did borrow from the internet.   I followed it pretty closely, but did not add the Bay leaf or as much of the spices.  Recipe too long to reprint here...but this is the link.  It's part of the healthy cooking series.  Has a button to click on to print that I used.  

https://www.theseasonedmom.com/healthy-slow-cooker-chicken-stew/

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe some strawberries to go with that pineapple?😏 Fruit, other than tomatoes, does not belong on pizza and pepperoni should be sliced not diced. I am very fond of anchovies along with the pepperoni. I am right with @island ladyon those mushrooms though!

Oooh...strawberry pizza!!  LOL!  One thing about a homemade pizza...anything goes, only limited by your imagination.  🙃  Since Easter is coming up...maybe try this one:     Disclaimer:  Pulled off the web...not mine...and won't be.  😄 

image.jpeg.122cb5b560881f742a7dd2c433c18f81.jpeg  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I should have already had my second shot of the vaccine this morning.  However, Pennsylvania’s screwup and the weather meant there were no shots for today, or for Monday when my wife is supposed to have her second.  I guess we are in the same boat as 2,000 other people in our area.  Hoping they get it in soon, and we get rescheduled before we have to start over again.

Yes, Pa is having issues as many other states are having challenges too.  

I was disappointed to learn this week from 2 separate hospitals that only about 50% of their workers agreed to get the vaccine.

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oooh...strawberry pizza!!  LOL!  One thing about a homemade pizza...anything goes, only limited by your imagination.  🙃  Since Easter is coming up...maybe try this one:     Disclaimer:  Pulled off the web...not mine...and won't be.  😄 

image.jpeg.122cb5b560881f742a7dd2c433c18f81.jpeg  

Over the years I have made a couple desert pizzas, some with berries.  But peeps, yuck!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, Pa is having issues as many other states are having challenges too.  

I was disappointed to learn this week from 2 separate hospitals that only about 50% of their workers agreed to get the vaccine.

Only 40% of the front line workers in my county agreed to get the vaccine.  The good news is that it enabled the 65+ group to get their vaccines faster.  As of yesterday 12% of my county has been vaccinated and (if you count each positive test as a unique individual which at first it was not) 12% of my county has had a positive test result.  

• Like 4

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Many of those items looks like the stuff I used to build, or try to build,  in High School Shop class (called Industrial  Arts Engineering nowadays) some 40 years ago. Wish I kept the crap, er, quaint valuables, I could be a rich hipster too! 😃

I remember making the ugliest lamp you've ever seen out of wood in Industrial Arts.  Kept it on my bedroom nightstand for a while before it ended up in the trash.  No respecting hipster would even consider that thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I remember making the ugliest lamp you've ever seen out of wood in Industrial Arts.  Kept it on my bedroom nightstand for a while before it ended up in the trash.  No respecting hipster would even consider that thing.

The products that the kids in our high school manufacture these days in Induatrial Arts class is a whole different ball game compared to what we used to make in shop class back in the day.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We bought a Breville countertop toaster oven as both a toaster and a second oven. Works really well as an oven and can roast a small turkey. It can also air fry,  cook pizza (haven’t tried that yet), bake cookies, and reheat leftovers nicely. Heats up very quickly. Unless we need the larger space inside the big wall oven, we use the Breville. You should be able to find one in stock at a local store. 

Me too on the counter top oven/toaster/broiler/air fryer.  I use it all the time.  Use the big oven for the pizza and other rare items that are too big for the counter top Oster.  

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Everything is better when it's on top of a pizza. 👍  EDIT TO ADD: Except peanut butter. I love Peanut Butter but it would melt into goo on a pizza.

As soon as I read this, I had to do a Google search.  Of course...

Peanut Butter and Pepperoni Pizza Recipe | Gabriela Rodiles | Food Network

• Like 1

13 hours ago, davekathy said:

Me too. That place was great. When the guy bought the place he actually knocked a whole in the interior brick wall (non bearing wall) to enlarge the place. Hence, "Whole In The Wall". Yep, that's the reason he was shut down. The more pizza you ate the hungrier you got. 😉Great marketing on his part. 

Did he sell brownies and Twinkies for dessert?  😄 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I wonder why it is that there are so many people born in Brooklyn now living in Florida.It is one of life’s great mysteries.

Natives are rare here.  😉  

Funny how there are some rare types (not you!) that just love to knock how our state is run, etc...etc.  But where do they end up vacationing to and moving to?  😉 

• Haha 1

I got a offer I couldnt  refuse. Oil filter and oil change for $14.95 plus tax and disposal fee tomorrow. I had a appointment for monday and going in tomorrow morning. I drove over 2k miles when I drove to florida to inspect that condo I want to buy. So now I need a oil change on my new nissan rogue I bought last fall. I'm guessing they had to close during the freeze, idk, but for sure it's a good price for synthetic oil change at my Nissan dealer.

I might drive back early april if I get to buy the condo, so I've been wanting to get the oil changed ...a hair cut next on my list. My hair is really too long. When I went last time I didnt know until the night before and had no time to do things like hair cut and my hair on my neck on the beach was sweaty. I got caught up in 2nd vaccine shots, then picking up meds, then the freeze hit and I had to run and shop to prepare for that. Keep putting off the oil change, but tomorrow. YES. I love good deals.

Let's hope they truck food to our grocery stores. I went in yesterday to krogers and it was like early covid days. Not a stitch of bread, and little of everything else. I was so relieved I was able to get gas. Gas has been out all week.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Isn't Primanti Brothers the place that's famous for putting french fries inside their sandwich, rather than as a side?

It is.  I like mine with lots of hot sauce. 
DA538F23-440F-4404-B7CC-864791E96B8C.thumb.jpeg.6e5eba8437d35a51e64223a10367231e.jpeg

And their nachos are great too.  

B90BC95C-2433-41BF-94CE-C661CAB095FF.thumb.jpeg.f849004d163489676dcee2037d6413d3.jpeg

• Like 3