Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

There could be a daddy squirrel nearby, I guess. Or maybe  he's the nest builder.

I'm just gently trying to encourage her to find more suitable living arrangements.

Dad did the deed and split.  Mom is all on her own.  Squirrels generally build 2 nests.  That way they have a backup to move the babies to if needed.  Doesn't always workout which is why our baby board is full.

Discouraging her now before the babies are born will just encourage her to build in a more appropriate place.

Edited by Keksie
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here in southeastern PA most stations charge $3.95 for regular 87 octane.    We just had a 25 cent increase about 2 weeks ago.    No idea why!!

It ranges from $3.69 to $3.89 in my area.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We just had a 25 cent increase about 2 weeks ago.    No idea why!!

Because they can. It's peak summer driving season.  Watch the prices start to come done after Labor Day.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Dad did the deed and split.  Mom is all on her own.  Squirrels generally build 2 nests.  That way they have a backup to move the babies to if needed.  Doesn't always workout which is why our baby board is full.

Discouraging her now before the babies are born will just encourage her to build in a more appropriate place.

You are not helping the cause.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here in southeastern PA most stations charge $3.95 for regular 87 octane.    We just had a 25 cent increase about 2 weeks ago.    No idea why!!

It is a very odd time for prices to increase. There are reasons but talking about them on CC leads to nothing good.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

This makes me sad.

Don't be. I have no intention of doing anything lethal. Just trying to be proactive and discourage her from being so close to the house and having easy access to my attic once the cooler nights begin in a month or so. 

I  think it's in both her & my best interest if that did not happen.  Wouldn't you agree? I've seen the damage a squirrel can do once in an attic.  Happen to a neighbor. They chewed on wires & storage boxes and don't clean up their, um, dropping they leave behind.

3 minutes ago, Keksie said:

That makes me sad.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sorry.  I can see both sides.  We have a wren who builds a nest and raises her babies above our back door each year.  We would never think of stopping her.    We have also had squirrels try to get into our attic and had to repair the damage.  We then cut all the trees back so they can't get on the roof anymore.  

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If it makes you feel better, I let little field mice live in my garage during the winter months.  They don't take up much space & do no damage. At least none that I can find.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Is this where Royal sails out of in Los Angeles? We will be sailing for the first time out of LA next year. That does not look very good.

Yes San Pedro, is LA port.......San Diego did the the same thing when we cruised to Hawaii when they have more then one ship sailing out of their port. They only have one cruise terminal.

Just pray that it isn't a very hot day on the day you board since you might be in a long line waiting to get inside the tent.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Yes San Pedro, is LA port.......San Diego did the the same thing when we cruised to Hawaii when they have more then one ship sailing out of their port. They only have one cruise terminal.

Just pray that it isn't a very hot day on the day you board since you might be in a long line waiting to get inside the tent.

Yeah those pictures do not look like it’s a fun time. Luckily when we cruise it will be in October and hopefully not as hot. Thanks for your comments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

I vaguely remember you mentioning the Panama Canal to Tampa ? Yes ? San Pedro is the port where my husband received great service with assistance with embarkation due to his knee.  San Diego and Holland America on the other hand was just awful.  

I’m going to a Georgia O’Keefe exhibition tomorrow with a friend.  She has just returned from NYC and I can’t believe my artist friend didn’t visit the Met Museum.  We’ll probably see some great photography from her husband Stieglitz .

Im so jealous. I am a big fan of O’Keefe. Let me know how you liked it and your favorite piece.

14 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Don't be. I have no intention of doing anything lethal. Just trying to be proactive and discourage her from being so close to the house and having easy access to my attic once the cooler nights begin in a month or so. 

I  think it's in both her & my best interest if that did not happen.  Wouldn't you agree? I've seen the damage a squirrel can do once in an attic.  Happen to a neighbor. They chewed on wires & storage boxes and don't clean up their, um, dropping they leave behind.

That makes me sad.

Now we are both sad.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yeah those pictures do not look like it’s a fun time. Luckily when we cruise it will be in October and hopefully not as hot. Thanks for your comments.

We did Jewel out of San Pedro in early October 2015 for one of the Pacific Coastal it was one of the worst embarkations we have had. Tents used for check in and the systems went down, people everywhere waiting, didnt make it onboard until after 1 even though we were there before 11.  Have also done Mariner for the Mexican Riviera in August 2009 and it was fine.   Just be prepared and you will be ok.

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, akcruz said:

We did Jewel out of San Pedro in early October 2015 for one of the Pacific Coastal it was one of the worst embarkations we have had. Tents used for check in and the systems went down, people everywhere waiting, didnt make it onboard until after 1 even though we were there before 11.  Have also done Mariner for the Mexican Riviera in August 2009 and it was fine.   Just be prepared and you will be ok.

Thanks for the heads up. After doing such smooth checkins in Miami numerous times. I will definitely have to pack my patience for San Pedro.

• Like 1