Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sorry...too late.  I'd offer you some leftovers but as OB has stated before, there's no such thing as leftover Italian food (or at least that was my excuse last night 😁).

Belated birthday wishes to Micheline.My family members are all huge Billy Joel fans .I believe that we have every album he ever released.My daughters have been to many of his MSG concerts.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sorry...too late.  I'd offer you some leftovers but as OB has stated before, there's no such thing as leftover Italian food (or at least that was my excuse last night 😁).

If you never saw the Fantastiks ,I highly recommend it .I am not sure if it is still running but it was at the Jerry Orbach Theater on Broadway.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

Belated birthday wishes to Micheline.My family members are all huge Billy Joel fans .I believe that we have every album he ever released.My daughters have been to many of his MSG concerts.

I initially really liked Billy Joel. Love his song Piano Man. I can sing and play it on piano. Then when he came out with Only The Good Die Young with its line.. Catholic girls start much too late... I was done with him. That rubbed me the wrong way big time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Yesterday was Micheline's birthday.  I surprised her with the Billy Joel tickets that I mentioned previously and she loved it.  We need to also pick a Broadway show to see while there.  Any recommendations for something that's relatively new?  We've seen Hamilton, Lion King, Alladin, and Chicago.  I've heard good things about The Book of Mormon.

4 hours ago, George C said:

Book of Mormon is definitely one of the funnest plays we have ever seen, for new shows Some like it hot was very good and if you are a Neil Diamond fan Beautiful Noise.

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We thoroughly enjoyed it, and you know we have a twisted sense of humor. We watched some walk out due to their sensitivity nature of things discussed in the play. Here’s a link to one of the first songs in the play. 

https://youtu.be/xlxrIq2dtI0?si=lXHlp0sEBOT6mr4g

Add me to the list of people recommending "A Book of Mormon". I saw it this past August and is indeed very enjoyable. I can see one or two jokes that might offend some if they are a bit on the sensitive side but by and large, enjoyable.

My neighbor recommended  a new play to me called "Schucked", a musical comedy about a town trying to figure out why all their corn is dying. Plenty of Dad-type jokes so it should offend nobody. I'm going to try & see it in the next month or so.

https://shuckedmusical.com/?gclsrc=ds

Another new play that starts Oct 18th is call "Harmony", based on a true story of a musical group in 1920's & 30's Germany. I had received a flyer in the mail with a discount code for $69 & $99 tickets to select performances.  Unfortunately, I don't see it in my pile of junk mail so it might have accidentally got thrown in the garbage. 🤬 But I'm sure a google search can find something.

https://harmonyanewmusical.com/

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

AND he included a full bottle of Moscato in my goodie bag of post extraction instructions, gauze, etc.  I previously mentioned to him that I would love to be home sipping a chilled glass of Moscato.  His staff is caring and removed the anxiety I felt.

I believe your dentist should be voted "Best Dentist Ever in the History of Dentistry"

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I initially really liked Billy Joel. Love his song Piano Man. I can sing and play it on piano. Then when he came out with Only The Good Die Young with its line.. Catholic girls start much too late... I was done with him. That rubbed me the wrong way big time.

Interesting .The person I know who is a very big fan of his who grew up with him and has known him since they were kids is a former co-worker of mine ,Michelle C .who is Italian Catholic.

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We thoroughly enjoyed it, and you know we have a twisted sense of humor. We watched some walk out due to their sensitivity nature of things discussed in the play. Here’s a link to one of the first songs in the play. 

https://youtu.be/xlxrIq2dtI0?si=lXHlp0sEBOT6mr4g

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Add me to the list of people recommending "A Book of Mormon". I saw it this past August and is indeed very enjoyable. I can see one or two jokes that might offend some if they are a bit on the sensitive side but by and large, enjoyable.

My neighbor recommended  a new play to me called "Schucked", a musical comedy about a town trying to figure out why all their corn is dying. Plenty of Dad-type jokes so it should offend nobody. I'm going to try & see it in the next month or so.

https://shuckedmusical.com/?gclsrc=ds

Another new play that starts Oct 18th is call "Harmony", based on a true story of a musical group in 1920's & 30's Germany. I had received a flyer in the mail with a discount code for $69 & $99 tickets to select performances.  Unfortunately, I don't see it in my pile of junk mail so it might have accidentally got thrown in the garbage. 🤬 But I'm sure a google search can find something.

https://harmonyanewmusical.com/

The person who recommended The Book of Mormon to us also said that there is some content that could easily offend some.  Fortunately, we're not easily offended.  

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

It was still raining here this morning .Now it is cloudy.I spoke to one of my nephews this morning who lives and works in Westchester County,NY.

Normally it takes him 20 minutes to get home from work.Yesterday it took 2 hours.

Very dreary day here.

26 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I've been a fan of Billy Joel for as long as I can remember.  I saw his show at MSG only once, probably 7 or 8 years ago. Last show will be July 2024.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

It seems that we should try to stay home... This is not our best year to travel abroad -- health wise.

DH and I didn't thrive in Amsterdam... rain and cold are not for us. Suffering from back ache (again), DH took Aspirin Bayer, which is a "staple" in our family, every one of us using it without any side effects, until now... First thing after landing back in Israel, we went to ER, and DH was hospitalized for 3 days. 

We just came back home (it didn't help that the AC in our car broke down...) with a taxi, one major check up was good, and he has to do another test in the next days.

I'll try to post more in a couple of days.

Dani - so sorry to read that your recent trips have not gone great, especially after the years of not being able to travel freely during the C19 era.

Despite the health issues, hopefully you were able to enjoy your visit with DS and hope that your DH feels better soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I've been a fan of Billy Joel for as long as I can remember.  I saw his show at MSG only once, probably 7 or 8 years ago. Last show will be July 2024.

We went to a few Billy Joel concerts all were excellent. We no longer go to concerts in 20,000 seat arenas , we were spoiled we had access to private suite for years. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Another strange thing from the other day when debarking Jewel on deck 2 in Bayonne was.

When showing the guy my seapass card to ding it when leaving the ship he stopped me and took my card off my lanyard and kept it.

Didn't think much about it at the time,was just happy to get off the ship.

Later I asked my Wife who was ahead of me if they took hers and said no she still has hers?

Anyone have any idea as why they took mine?

😇They wanted to order a drink? 😁

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

It seems that we should try to stay home... This is not our best year to travel abroad -- health wise.

DH and I didn't thrive in Amsterdam... rain and cold are not for us. Suffering from back ache (again), DH took Aspirin Bayer, which is a "staple" in our family, every one of us using it without any side effects, until now... First thing after landing back in Israel, we went to ER, and DH was hospitalized for 3 days. 

We just came back home (it didn't help that the AC in our car broke down...) with a taxi, one major check up was good, and he has to do another test in the next days.

I'll try to post more in a couple of days.

Dani,

Very sorry to hear that. Best wishes for a fast recovery.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Another strange thing from the other day when debarking Jewel on deck 2 in Bayonne was.

When showing the guy my seapass card to ding it when leaving the ship he stopped me and took my card off my lanyard and kept it.

Didn't think much about it at the time,was just happy to get off the ship.

Later I asked my Wife who was ahead of me if they took hers and said no she still has hers?

Anyone have any idea as why they took mine?

I'd be one unhappy sailor if the wanted to take mine.😡

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

More on my long dental saga.  Yesterday I returned to be put under to get those two pesky teeth pulled.  Anesthesia worked great.   At the end, I was "lucid" enough to ask if he got both out and he said a resounding YES, patted my shoulder and went out to talk to Jack.  I never felt loopy coming out of the anesthesia.   Doc prescribed a pain killer but told me I won't need it.  He was right!  

He told me during our consultation that I would be pain free for 72 hours after extraction given what he used to sedate me.  He assured me that only 10% of his patients take a pain killer, usually OTC.

AND he included a full bottle of Moscato in my goodie bag of post extraction instructions, gauze, etc.  I previously mentioned to him that I would love to be home sipping a chilled glass of Moscato.  His staff is caring and removed the anxiety I felt.

@George C George, you wanted his info.  

Dr. Michael Ray - Corner of Independence and Spring Creek in Plano

https://www.northtexasoralsurgery.com/contact/

Luckily, he's in network with our dental plan.

I don't know why the numbing injection didn't work well on Thursday, but if you always are put out that wouldn't be an issue for you.  His phone call that evening at 7 was greatly appreciated. For previous medical procedures, I was called by the office staff to follow up but never the actual doctor and never beyond regular office hours.

If you call, tell him Jack and Bonnie (the talkative Moscato lady) sends regards.

OMG just as I sent this post, Dr. Ray called to see how I am doing.  On a Saturday yet!!  Grateful for editing feature. 

I am glad to hear that our Moscato lady is happy.🥰

Wish you a great recovery and hope you do not have any pain.

• Like 2