Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

So about that upgraded Roomba?......:classic_biggrin: I love mine too, but it is older and I have to spend about 10 minutes brushing out the brushes because of the cat hair and it quits picking up stuff because it is full. It sucks up about half a cat every time I run it. 

Do they have rubber brushes? And how well do they do the pick up and emptying? And do you have carpet or solid surface floors? :classic_biggrin:

Yes, my new one has rubber brushes and picks up cat hair very well.  I used to do the same with cleaning bristles on old roomba, not needed on new one.    My house is hardwood floor, tile kitchen and bathrooms and carpet in family room.  Does great with all flooring types even leaves those vacuum lines on room with carpet.  I'm very happy with the new one.

I kept the old one and set up in basement which is mostly finished with tile floor.  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Same wishes as Bob 🌼

And other good news re: the vaccine.

The "green passport" which was given to all of us Pfizer twice vaccinated + 2 weeks after was due to expire end of July 2021 (~ 6 months from the vaccine). This "green passport" allowed us to dine inside restaurants, go to theatre, swimming pools, hotels, weddings, etc.

Studies show that the efficiency is longer than the initial thought 6 months, so all the "green passports" will be automatically extended until the end of the year.

Also there was talk about a 3rd jab after 6 months, which now seems irrelevant.

Not so good news for heart transplants -- a study showed that only half of the recipients developed Covid antigens.  It seems that the immuno-suppressor meds interfere with the vaccine.

Vaccinated who didn't develop Covid antigens will receive a 3rd or even a 4th jab.

@DaniDanielle, @Sunshine3601

Eric had labs done the other day.  Should have results today on his antibodies from pfizer vaccine.    We did hear that certain anti rejection meds are impacting the production of antigens, fortunately eric does not take any of the meds that were on that list.  So hoping he is one that has produced antigens.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

So about that upgraded Roomba?......:classic_biggrin: I love mine too, but it is older and I have to spend about 10 minutes brushing out the brushes because of the cat hair and it quits picking up stuff because it is full. It sucks up about half a cat every time I run it. 

Do they have rubber brushes? And how well do they do the pick up and emptying? And do you have carpet or solid surface floors? :classic_biggrin:

I also have the new upgraded Roomba and love it but I have a personal problem that I didn't take into consideration. We have two giant breed long hair dogs that shed a lot and I would fill up the old vacuum twice a day. I'm having to clean the rollers every 30 minutes with the Roomba, which I don't mind but I won't be able to run it while on vacation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

Plenty of music today on Turner Classic Movies, the schedule is listed below, times are Eastern Daylight Savings Time:

7:30 - 9:15 Hold On from 1966 featuring Herman's Hermits playing in LA

9:15 - 10:45 Jamboree from 1957 with Fats Domino and Frankie Avalon

10:45 - 12:15  Don't Knock the Rock, 1956, with Bill Haley and Allen Freed

12:15 - 2:15  Don't Look Back, 1967, Bob Dylan in England in 1965

2:15 - 4:15 ABBA: The Movie 1977

4:15 - 6:00 A Hard Day's Night,  a day in the life of the Beatles, 1964

6:00 - 8:00  Elvis: That's the Way It Is  1970 documentary 

8:00 - 11:15 West Side Story from 1961 with Natalie Wood.

ENJOY!!!!

I have a couple set to DVR 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

Now I want one too! Please post pictures of the upgraded one?

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Same wishes as Bob 🌼

And other good news re: the vaccine.

The "green passport" which was given to all of us Pfizer twice vaccinated + 2 weeks after was due to expire end of July 2021 (~ 6 months from the vaccine). This "green passport" allowed us to dine inside restaurants, go to theatre, swimming pools, hotels, weddings, etc.

Studies show that the efficiency is longer than the initial thought 6 months, so all the "green passports" will be automatically extended until the end of the year.

Also there was talk about a 3rd jab after 6 months, which now seems irrelevant.

Not so good news for heart transplants -- a study showed that only half of the recipients developed Covid antigens.  It seems that the immuno-suppressor meds interfere with the vaccine.

Vaccinated who didn't develop Covid antigens will receive a 3rd or even a 4th jab.

@DaniDanielle, @Sunshine3601

Thanks for the info, will be going to see heart transplant doctor next month so will ask all there is to ask!

• Like 2

Charlie has had a rough week.  First routine dermatologist visit turned into a biopsy and stitches, skin cancer on forehead again.  They will operate soon.  Today routine colonoscopy so who know how that will go.  Monthly bloodwork was not the best but his oncologist thinks they did the test wrong so fingers crossed on that one.  The best part of all is that he still looks healthier than me😳

Marietta

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I try to take it one day at a time but I am the type that worries about things that won’t happen for a year.  Charlie is very logical and worries only when he needs to.

In my thoughts.🙏 Hope all will be well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Renee.

It was secondary cancer in his brain but before the hospital could do anything to treat it he had a massive heart attack in hospital which killed him.

So terrible.  May Pauline and his family find strength and comfort in wonderful memories.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Lovely scenery.

Looks like you were both having a fantastic happy hour.

Couldn't ask for a better one!  🤗  Almost as good as sitting on our balcony on the ship.  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Now I want one too! Please post pictures of the upgraded one?

Just say NO to roombas!

Mrs. Dawg bought two, a regular dry one and a mop version. The darn things either wake me up in the middle of the night or attack me in the morning while I make coffee at 6am. The dry one also eats power cords. Must be Russian!!

Now she has her eyes on one of these new robotic lawn mowers. The only positive thing is that it might get rid of the bunnies in our back yard.🐰

😁

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, davekathy said:

Lenny, years ago I use to order cruise brochures directly for the cruise lines we were interested in booking with and then once the cruise was booked I'd toss the brochures. Same with land vacations. I find it much easier (at least for me ) to use the computer for researching info. 

Remember when we used to get those nice packets in the mail with all our paperwork, luggage tags, and tickets when we booked a cruise?   Sigh...gone the way of chocolates on the pillows at night.  😟

• Like 5

15 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

That is because I never really spent any time in Fla.I was in Orlando for a port stop on a cruise and it was stormy.I only spent about 20 minutes outside.I was in Ft,Lauderdale to take a cruise and was outside for about 10 minutes.

Port of Orlando?  

• Haha 1