Is the Koningsdam heading back to the Caribbean

rjbean4

Saw this post on another site from someone on board:  The photo attached is hers as well.

Hannah Whitehouse

· 2 hrs

Yesss we just went through and yes it is just healthy crew here. Holland America are doing such an awesome job of keeping us happy healthy and safe ♥️ #HALstrong #happycrew

koning18.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, leerathje said:

Saw this post on another site from someone on board:  The photo attached is hers as well.

Hannah Whitehouse

· 2 hrs

Yesss we just went through and yes it is just healthy crew here. Holland America are doing such an awesome job of keeping us happy healthy and safe ♥️ #HALstrong #happycrew

koning18.jpg

Good to hear!  Thanks.

As I said earlier whoever said this couldn't be done is now eating their words. Now Its known that it can be which maybe opens the doors for future transits for Koningsdam. Way to go big K. We have done 40 days on her.

24 minutes ago, catl331 said:

That's true with no passengers or luggage, and probably less fuel and provisions, allowing her to ride higher in the water. With a full load it might be a different story.

Can such make that much a difference?  

1 minute ago, leerathje said:

I find it hard to believe that they never would have tried it, and that they did a redesign for the Ryndam. If so, someone needs to be fired.

L.

I understand that it wasn't permitted to try by the canal authorities.

I wonder if that tug at her aft end has ropes on her.  She seemed to move sideways a couple of times, centering her better.

We have  49 days on her.  My mouth waters when I think of Tamarind...

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

We like her too.  63 days onboard her. 

Of Course for us our total days  right now is 876. We started with the old Nieuw A back in December 1988. Have don a lot of B2B and 5 maiden voyages. Our cruise day credits is over 1100.

2 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I have my doubts.  My rough calculation was about a foot.  Where's chengkp75 when we need him.

Roy

1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

I understand that it wasn't permitted to try by the canal authorities.

There has been some "finger pointing" from what little I have learned as to why the Pinnacle Class ships were not "allowed" to go through the Canal.  Maybe the "truth" will be revealed after this successful transit?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I wonder if that tug at her aft end has ropes on her.  She seemed to move sideways a couple of times, entering her better.

We have  49 days on her.  My mouth waters when I think of Tamarind...

My mom loves Tamarind. Its our favorite. We really don't do the dining room any more. Its too loud depending on where your table is and getting harder for mom with her hearing. We also like doing the stir fry in the lido. Then Gelato for desert and watch whatever is being shown on the big screen. When we area on over the holidays a lot of football. Also new years in that area is a blast and one REALLY BIG PARTY UNDER THE STARS.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rkacruiser said:

There has been some "finger pointing" from what little I have learned as to why the Pinnacle Class ships were not "allowed" to go through the Canal.  Maybe the "truth" will be revealed after this successful transit?

Finger pointing?  They did a redesign for the Ryndam so it could transit!  

L.