Is the Koningsdam heading back to the Caribbean

rjbean4

52 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

The only time I've ever seen that type of boat used as a tender was when Oasis of the Seas took a sick crew member to Fort Lauderdale.  Otherwise, never.

Roy

On HAL's remaining six "S" and "R"-class ships, lifeboats #1 and #2 are a bit smaller than the remainder. I'm talking lifeboats, not tenders. Since that class of ships do not have a dedicated fast rescue boat (last pics with Santa), lifeboats #1 and/or #2 are used for that purpose (but not as fast 😉 ). You can see one of them in the water for MOB drills

No photo description available.

Image may contain: 1 person

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

I sure did, but it's good to know and see K-dam, with her tenders/lifeboats housed, just set precedent with her canal transit. She's also the third HAL ship in a two week period to have gone through the new locks. All good stuff!

If and when you ever get the low down on what happened to change the Canal's decision about allowing Koningsdam through, please let us know.   Hopefully it was not for "humanitarian" reasons, which would indicate there are ill crew members in danger.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

If and when you ever get the low down on what happened to change the Canal's decision about allowing Koningsdam through, please let us know.   Hopefully it was not for "humanitarian" reasons, which would indicate there are ill crew members in danger.

Certainly! And there are no critically ill crew on board

• Like 1

And if you could tell us why Z & R did not run any lights during their passages...

Koningsdam is doing 11.3 knots, faster than usual, so it looks to be another fast transit...  She is already through Gatun Lake.  EM

59 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

And if you could tell us why Z & R did not run any lights during their passages...

Koningsdam is doing 11.3 knots, faster than usual, so it looks to be another fast transit...  She is already through Gatun Lake.  EM

To save energy and thus, $$

54 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Do you suppose it might possibly have something to do with money being paid?

Well, the decision to make a left (north) as opposed to a right (south) hook shank upon leaving Fortaleza, Brazil was an unexpected one, according to K-dam crew onboard (she was set, rigged and ready to round the Horn and come up SA's left coast), as was the sudden acquiescence by Brazilian authorities to allow for bunkering in that same Fortaleza.

It comes natural that there was $$ involved in both covenants, i.e. to pay the PCA for the transit y'all witnessed today, as well as the Fortaleza authorities to take on fuel. Any additional wampum that was quite possibly, maybe, perhaps associated with these dealings rests with Jimmy Hoffa's present domicile, meaning I have no clue   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

On HAL's remaining six "S" and "R"-class ships, lifeboats #1 and #2 are a bit smaller than the remainder. I'm talking lifeboats, not tenders. Since that class of ships do not have a dedicated fast rescue boat (last pics with Santa), lifeboats #1 and/or #2 are used for that purpose (but not as fast 😉 ). You can see one of them in the water for MOB drills

Image may contain: 1 person

I am guessing if there was an emergency medical debark from an R class they would use a real tender rather than boats 1 or 2.  Or would they?

Roy

2 minutes ago, leerathje said:

San Miguel Locks.

koning14.JPG

How are you getting just the screenshot of the webcam. When I do it I get my entire screen. When she gets to the Cocoli lock we will not see her till she is in the middle chamber on the webcam.

Edited by rjbean4

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

Interesting.  If you use the link from one of the other webcams you get an out of service message.  I had to start from the multimedia page to get the right webcam.

Roy

Yes, if you want to get the Pedro Miguel cam, you always have to go to the home page and choose it from there.  Very annoying.  EM

• Like 1