CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

15 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

You are turning into DaiB 😉 Where is he BTW? I think he moderates a P&O page on FB, so perhaps he’s full time on that removing all the negative posts 😂 

He’ll be too busy advising P&O on their booking strategies for the future 🤪

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Very much so John. The suspension of all cruises is not of their making. They have been the source of many enjoyable holidays for us over the years. We have got to know a handful of P&O staff so well over the years that we consider them to be friends and we are concerned about their future prospects. I am, however, not blind to P&O’s faults. I feel that they are poorly led and they have handled the cruise refunds situation badly. 

I agree with you Selbourne. All these decisions regarding refunds etc are made much higher up the food chain, and as we know "it" always flows downhill. It's the staff on the front line dealing with  the irate customers I have sympathy for,. I've been put in that  position a time or two myself  at work, and it's not good. At least they don't have to look you in the eyes while they tow the party line. I have sympathy  for all the staff and crew that have been put in this uncertain position but certainly not for the ones who are pulling the strings.

Avril 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I agree with you Selbourne. All these decisions regarding refunds etc are made much higher up the food chain, and as we know "it" always flows downhill. It's the staff on the front line dealing with  the irate customers I have sympathy for,. I've been put in that  position a time or two myself  at work, and it's not good. At least they don't have to look you in the eyes while they tow the party line. I have sympathy  for all the staff and crew that have been put in this uncertain position but certainly not for the ones who are pulling the strings.

Avril 

Absolutely agree with you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

You are turning into DaiB 😉 Where is he BTW? I think he moderates a P&O page on FB, so perhaps he’s full time on that removing all the negative posts 😂 

Hopefully he is okay.

Your post reminded me I hadn't seen a post from him for a while.

• Like 1

I’m fine, thank you for your concern. I just took some time out for a bit as I was a bit miffed by a few posts but I have been following you all quietly in the background.

And by the way Annie C it is “she“ 😀

Edited by Eglesbrech
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I’m fine, thank you for your concern. I just took some time out for a bit as I was a bit miffed by a few posts but I have been following you all quietly in the background.

Lovely to hear from you again, you had us a bit worried. Pleased you're well. 😊

Avril 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Lovely to hear from you.

Graham x.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

I was pretty sure you were one of the chosen 50%, but lacked confidence in my memory to assign you a gender.😄

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

I am on their emailing list and I am seeing some bargains for next year.

I have to say that I haven't seen that many bargains myself. The prices for next year all seem exorbitant to me.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Harvey1976 said:

My cruise got cancelled on Tuesday and I filled out the form for a full refund as part of it was cruise credit part cash. Had an email yesterday saying my refund will be issues within 14 days. I won’t be holding my breath!!

That’s my understanding of the timescales now.

There may be some historical refunds which are still causing issues but new refunds should meet the legal requirements.

60+ days before got my refund from Cunard and only then because I had threatened section 75. They then refunded me twice in June and since then have been trying to refund Cunard the overpayment. 2 cheques sent neither have been cashed and aan e-mail which was rather threatening from Finance Dept who hadnt got a clue that I had been trying to reimburse them the overpayment and even asked me for money than what they refunded me and what the cruise cost. Think Carnival UK Finance Dept. are in total meltdown and havent got a clue what they are doing and working for both P&O and Cunard are doing both cruise lines brands damage to their reputation that will take a long time to recover from. But with the attitude of Cunard Facebook team I honestly believe they think cruisers have short memories and everything will be alright for 2022 bookings whenever they are released but I have serious doubts.

32 minutes ago, drsel said:
42 minutes ago, grapau27 said:
It will be interesting if lots of people post here and say they got their refunds in 14 days.
I hope it happens but I very much doubt it will happen.

I got my refund in 6 days flat from my TA

👍

32 minutes ago, drsel said:
42 minutes ago, grapau27 said:
It will be interesting if lots of people post here and say they got their refunds in 14 days.
I hope it happens but I very much doubt it will happen.

I got my refund in 6 days flat from my TA

Yes, but your TA had never sent the deposit to P&O,  so a somewhat different scenario.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

60+ days before got my refund from Cunard and only then because I had threatened section 75. They then refunded me twice in June and since then have been trying to refund Cunard the overpayment. 2 cheques sent neither have been cashed and aan e-mail which was rather threatening from Finance Dept who hadnt got a clue that I had been trying to reimburse them the overpayment and even asked me for money than what they refunded me and what the cruise cost. Think Carnival UK Finance Dept. are in total meltdown and havent got a clue what they are doing and working for both P&O and Cunard are doing both cruise lines brands damage to their reputation that will take a long time to recover from. But with the attitude of Cunard Facebook team I honestly believe they think cruisers have short memories and everything will be alright for 2022 bookings whenever they are released but I have serious doubts.

I read that Carnival were trying to sell Cunard and Seaborne cruises 

Edited by grapau27

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I read that Carnival were trying to sell Cunard and Seaborne cruises 

Think that was an internet/social media rumour that Carnival have strongly denied and I cannot see anyone in present times on the lookout for purchasing a whole cruise line with the future as it is at the moment.

• Like 1

Yes, but your TA had never sent the deposit to P&O,  so a somewhat different scenario.

Hahaha.

My TA said that they wired the money to PO in pounds, but PO said that there was no payment showing against my confirmed booking on a ship that was sold.

The booking was still seen as confirmed on the PO website, many days after the ship was sold.

It was a comedy of errors.

I even asked PO how they confirmed my booking without receiving any payment. And is this their normal procedure of confirming bookings without receiving payment?

They didn't answer that question, but instead replied that my TA confirmed to them that I got my full refund and they hoped that everything was ok.

I don't care, I got my money back in 6 days flat!