CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

1 hour ago, jh1809 said:

Yes, no doubt some of P&O's people are more efficient at processing refunds than others. Though I'm impatient to receive my own refund, I do appreciate the scale of the problem P&O face. If most people are opting for refunds rather than FCC, then there could be an average of something like 1,000 refund claims per cancelled cruise. (Assuming 2,000 passengers of whom most are couples.) How many cruises have been cancelled so far? Six ships, an average of 2-3 cruises per month, and at least three months cancelled so far.  So we're talking about a ball-park figure of the order of 50,000 refund claims.

Thought one would interject here, as having experienced a many FCC process'.

The time taken by our Cunard PCS to complete the FCC process was approximately two minutes including the Email confirmation.  The same time period can be therefore given to a refund, as the amount of work can be identical.

Mathamaticans amongst CC, knowing the approximate number of P&O CS, and the date of cancellation announcement, could calculate the potential volume of claims being completed to date.

The poop will collide with the fan again soon when the next batch of summer cruises are binned off. Then there will be another round of folk jamming the phone lines and bombarding twitter and Facebook.

They should put a statement up on both to say they can no longer respond to individual posts, as all they are doing is enraging folk by copying and pasting the same bull crap over and over.

I do worry that when they are forced into the next load of cancellations, that’s what will pull them under. Really hope my money is in my account before that happens.

• Like 2

Wife just checked her credit card account and refund for her 12th April cruise on Britannia was there. So from cancellation to payment was about 50 days.

although there’s money missing !!
She recieved 3 payments, two for 2 cabins booked all correct.

And a payment for £44 whereas it should have been £258 for a drinks package.

No emails or breakdown from p&0 so onto customer services tues lol

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, MickD said:

Wife just checked her credit card account and refund for her 12th April cruise on Britannia was there. So from cancellation to payment was about 50 days.

although there’s money missing !!
She recieved 3 payments, two for 2 cabins booked all correct.

And a payment for £44 whereas it should have been £258 for a drinks package.

No emails or breakdown from p&0 so onto customer services tues lol

Great news you got your refund and good luck on Tuesday.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Great news you got your refund and good luck on Tuesday.

Cheers I’m not sure if to give it till the 60 days are up which is Saturday for the drinks package refund, or to email Tuesday and ask what the £44 payment is.

Just now, MickD said:

Cheers I’m not sure if to give it till the 60 days are up which is Saturday for the drinks package refund, or to email Tuesday and ask what the £44 payment is.

Take a photo or screenshot of your drinks package confirmation payment and attach it to an email as proof telling them you are still waiting for this and ask when it will be refunded.

19 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

As I mentioned a few days ago, I tried to estimate how bad the backlog was, when the claim was that 2000 refunds were being done a day, not seen repeated since. 

The problem is that they feel that they have been going full tilt on Refunds now for 2 weeks, but they are starting with a 9 week backlog.  Because they are not approaching the issue in a way which makes any form of logical or straightforwardly communicated sense, the unfortunate ones are having a really drawn out experience.

What they can do is to take that video down from their social media channels and stop giving out false hope.

Customers will not just have to wait for up to 60 days, plainly more - probably approaching "at least 90 days" in some cases.  Very, very poor, but likely to prove true.

Very true. Let's not forget that many of the staff are working under threat of redundancy  and/or reduced hours. It's not easy to maintain interest in your job when you're worried about how to pay the bills. Especially when those above you are not providing the answers to the questions you are being repeatedly asked by their customers. 

Why do P&O consider social media is the best way to keep in touch with their customers?  We don't all subscribe 

I’ve just been reading that Brittany ferries customers are not happy about not getting refunds in a timely manner or credit notes! A company I used a few times before I discovered cruising. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear this but pleased you are both being optimistic.

I hope your wife soon feels a lot better and you get fixed up with a good job.

Graham

Thanks Graham, same as many others her NHS treatment has been deferred for the time being but the good thing is that her condition not life threatening.

Cheers

Damian

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mercury7289 said:

No

One step beyond! 71 days

I cancelled our July cruise and took the offer to have the deposit refunded as a FCC. As such I am not personally affected by waiting for a refund yet I find myself so annoyed by the delays that you and many others are suffering. My wife asked why I keep reading this thread and it is simply to see it through to the time when you, Andy and everyone else gets what they should have had weeks ago.

Fingers crossed for you all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Sorry for the thread drift everyone! I don't suppose anyone has good news of a refund even though it is a bank holiday?

Had an email this morning, day 72, and our refund request has been approved, requested bank details for BACS payment and this may take up to 10 working days to reach our account! At least some movement at last.

• Like 6

Appears that a P&O business day now includes a Bank Holiday!

We could all email in, see if they are on to our Refunds...😉😂

Good to hear of progress, that looks as if you will be around day 80 when they pay out. 

Oh, I forgot the clock now runs backwards from here until it gets to 60

To stress that the only source of this is only some messages popping up on "official" Facebook, however a new excuse for not refunding in 60 days...

"We have not received your online form."

A small number of customers are now reporting having:

-- requesting refunds in early March,

-- then having reached the infamous day 60 "non-checkpoint," they have then 

-- contacted P&O customer services (for 1st time) and told to

-- resubmit and wait ANOTHER 60 days i.e. they do not qualify for the expedited or escalated route.

Sources unclear if they took the screenshot when completing to prove their case but of course we all know you get no audit trail beyond this and until a cancellation invoice might pop through.

Again, this could just be the passengers not completing the online form properly, but it is worth monitoring this trend to see if this becomes a more flexible "get out of jail free card."

If so, this week's oft reported excuse that any customer calling having waited for more than 60 days should be told that it's due to be processed this week (various reports) may have had its day.

Clearly, if actual aged debt time on the refunds is moving up past 80 days in some cases, as shown on Cruise Critic, then last week's excuse won't wash anymore, I just hope that this is one is not misreported to any customer.

All gone quiet again on P&O social media channels.  

Edited by No pager thank you
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

Sorry for the thread drift everyone! I don't suppose anyone has good news of a refund even though it is a bank holiday?

,I was told P&O finance don't work weekends or bank holidays so let's hope there are a lot of good refund news stories tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

,I was told P&O finance don't work weekends or bank holidays so let's hope there are a lot of good refund news stories tomorrow.

I don't know whether they are working today but my second email this morning says "I have submitted your BACS form and this has gone through to finance for processing" We can only hope!

Doreen

1 hour ago, Grando said:

Had an email this morning, day 72, and our refund request has been approved, requested bank details for BACS payment and this may take up to 10 working days to reach our account! At least some movement at last.

Excellent news.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, No pager thank you said:

Appears that a P&O business day now includes a Bank Holiday!

We could all email in, see if they are on to our Refunds...😉😂

Good to hear of progress, that looks as if you will be around day 80 when they pay out. 

Oh, I forgot the clock now runs backwards from here until it gets to 60

They do but the finance decision makers don't.

31 minutes ago, Grando said:

I don't know whether they are working today but my second email this morning says "I have submitted your BACS form and this has gone through to finance for processing" We can only hope!

Doreen

That will be the customer service people working today so I was told by P&O staff when I was waiting for our refund.

Hopefully you don't have much longer to wait Doreen.

Graham

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

They do but the finance decision makers don't.

If you want to reach the Finance Decision making department, try emailing them (any day, any time) at:

Dither.&Delay@carnivalukgroup.com

Just to reassure, this is not a breach of any weird T&C's...may not work, but always guaranteed to get exactly the same standard response to any refund query...😉😤

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

If you want to reach the Finance Decision making department, try emailing them (any day, any time) at:

Dither.&Delay@carnivalukgroup.com

Just to reassure, this is not a breach of any weird T&C's...may not work, but always guaranteed to get exactly the same standard response to any refund query...😉😤

Love it.🤣

Edited by grapau27