CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

40 minutes ago, Hampshire Steve said:

Cruise was Ventura 17th March

I do hope there isn't anyone still sitting on the fence regarding paying balances...

Thank you for the update and I'm sorry that they are letting you down in this way like so many of us. I was supposed to be on the exact same cruise as you and payment circumstances were similar.  

There are thousands of messages on this thread, but I was refunded around a week ago and now feel fortunate.  I didn't receive any emails before Refund Day that's the only positive I can share.

The reason for the difference appears hard to explain even if you allow for all of the caveats which were listed on the (far more helpful) explanation from the Aussie version of P&O. 

In summary, it's not a queue, it's not lack of good, old fashioned British patience, it's just plain poor.  Each day they persist with the 60 day video, it just becomes more and more obvious that this is not an "up to" at all.  I'm afraid to say that someone should require P&O to remove that video.

I agree wholeheartedly with your final statement.  I am still outstanding other monies too and cannot begin to take on all the hassle again by giving them any more of my money at this time, until I know that I am paying for an actual holiday that I am actually going to be allowed to take and maybe enjoy.  I don't have the unrequited, unfailing patience needed.  

Just hope that they pay up to you soon.

Edited by No pager thank you
Wording
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, frogsgirl said:

Hello all, I’ve been following this thread as waiting for refund, summary:

*Britannia cruise 26th April cancelled by P&O

*online refund form completed 30th March
*received an email with cancellation invoice (incorrect value) but following info here on CC did not concern myself and then P&O FAQ confirmed it would show incorrectly

*refund paid back too credit card 21st May

*credit card company refunding fee free back to current account as no balance on card

Thanks to all those posting their experiences and for those who are yet to receive your refund I hope it comes soon...I’m going to keep reading this until I know Andy has his! 

Andrea 😁

• Like 1

Just now, AndyMichelle said:
5 hours ago, frogsgirl said:

Hello all, I’ve been following this thread as waiting for refund, summary:

*Britannia cruise 26th April cancelled by P&O

*online refund form completed 30th March
*received an email with cancellation invoice (incorrect value) but following info here on CC did not concern myself and then P&O FAQ confirmed it would show incorrectly

*refund paid back too credit card 21st May

*credit card company refunding fee free back to current account as no balance on card

Thanks to all those posting their experiences and for those who are yet to receive your refund I hope it comes soon...I’m going to keep reading this until I know Andy has his! 

Andrea 😁

Still nothing Andrea and cancelled well before you. 

Very pleased you have yours. 

Andy 

• Like 1

Unfortunately even after they have paid me back for this cruise I have further deposits tied up that I, currently, have every intention of moving again and again. Canada this September has already moved to Canaries at the end of November, no doubt we will move that again. Then deposits next year for the Baltic in May & Canada again in September we will try to convert into a booze cruise or two and most likely revert to last minute bookings with whoever has the most attractive deal, I think our days of planning a year or more ahead are done with. We used to drive down to Spain fairly often to stay with or near friends so that is looking like our next holiday when safe to do so.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Oh bless you Sue.. 

You will be the first to know.. 

Andy 

Andy

Mine's only a deposit but it is 68 days today.

Gut feeling nothing paid out today, they have bought themselves more time over the bank holiday.

But it is only right that the Marketing and Admin teams should get theirs first!

Shame that they have to tell us👀

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Andy

Mine's only a deposit but it is 68 days today.

Gut feeling nothing paid out today, they have bought themselves more time over the bank holiday.

But it is only right that the Marketing and Admin teams should get theirs first!

Shame that they have to tell us👀

If people who are losing or worrying about their jobs or are struggling because they were forced to take a pay cut, that's fine by me.. 

As long as it does come eventually, I'm happy.. 

Andy 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, zap99 said:

I'm not angry just amazed at their ineptitude. About a month ago I filled in the form to move my deposit for our August Iona cruise to same time next year. Ok,but don't call us we'll call you. The cruise for next year was +£80 and the deposit 5%. No phone call and won't take mine. Now the cruise is +£220 each and the deposit +£260.Then the email Wednesday. You refund is in process. Now another one sorry about that, but no it's not,but don't call us we'll call you. Shambles is fairly accurate.

But what about Gary Barlow!!? 😉

Edited by happy v
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, TinyDavid said:

Hi Purdey16, from what they told me if you asked for a refund they return the clubcard vouchers to tesco who credit them to your account and refund the cash amount you paid.

Also clubcard vouchers are X3 the value so £5  = £15 on cruise spend

Thank you TinyDavid for answering my question , it turns out it was £750 we had converted , if they return them back to Tesco now it looks like we will struggle to use them up as we still have quite a lot to use , looks like another cruise to be booked in the distant future 😉 

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Just been reading the Facebook page for P&O and people there getting het up becaue they are at 66 days etc.  Just feel very relieved that I contacted someone and got my refund.  Feel very sorry for those who are still waiting.

That’ll include me as one of those Jean, still nothing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

If people who are losing or worrying about their jobs or are struggling because they were forced to take a pay cut, that's fine by me.. 

Andy 

Mrs W and I are currently at 54 days. We am "happy " to wait for another 10 days or so before taking to the phone and "escalating" our claim - although I don't see why we should have to do that. Surely two months is long enough?

I know I am repeating myself, but, just for the record :  for any company  trying to suddenly refund thousands of payments when at the same time having to ask staff to work from home, is not easy. If, however refunds were paid out, however slowly,  in a rational manner, based on the cruise date, we could all moan and groan a little , but accept the logic of the refund process. To refund monies on a seemingly random basis,  that even P&O staff cannot explain, is just pure incompetence. 

I did think that P&O were delaying payments to help their cash flow position, but, given that they are paying out for relatively recent cruises,  I don't think they are professional enough to even do that! 

7 minutes ago, Fullfl0w said:

Just had my refund for A009 (due to sale May 3rd) paid back to my debit and credit cards. Cancellation requested March 30th; 53 days wait for the refund. 

Just shows the sheer ineptitude of P&O. Still waiting for the refund on my April 12th cruise, requested on March 29th. 

Shows that P&O have no rational refund policy in place.

Having said that - pleased you have your refund (lend us a tenner- I'll pay you back when I get my refund)

• Like 1

Just now, wowzz said:

Just shows the sheer ineptitude of P&O. Still waiting for the refund on my April 12th cruise, requested on March 29th. 

Shows that P&O have no rational refund policy in place.

Having said that - pleased you have your refund (lend us a tenner- I'll pay you back when I get my refund)

I was very surprised too - no phoning P&O or messaging them etc. It does seem very random. All I can say is that I was probably one of the first to request a refund for A009 as I did it the moment that cruise was cancelled on the 30th.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, margtee said:

I too am waiting somewhat impatiently now.  Today is day 68 - so sent an email to above lady, lets hope she sees it before the Bank Holiday week-end settles in.    Have really enjoyed reading all the posts but hope I don't have to for too much longer to find out how refunds are going for others!! 

Glad to say refund back on my card today, just got to transfer it to bank account and then an end to this debacle.   Hopefully everyone who is waiting will get theirs soon.   Good night to you all and must say it has been enjoyable and sometimes amusing reading all the posts.  Got to the stage where it was a daily addiction so will now have to wean myself off the thread!!

Delighted for you that you have your refund.

Graham.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

I am on day 68 now for a cancelled March 28th sailing.

Received an email yesterday (after chasing) to say I will have a cheque in the post next week!

Hope I am not being gullible 🤔

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, alpha whiskey said:

I am on day 68 now for a cancelled March 28th sailing.

Received an email yesterday (after chasing) to say I will have a cheque in the post next week!

Hope I am not being gullible 🤔

Good luck. 

Our refund was being put back on our card a few days ago... Still nothing.. 

Andy